PDA

View Full Version : No Spark!

papacrews
05-04-2008, 06:18 AM
Mornin, Lookin for a little help here. I was having trouble with my Banshee 350 runnin bad at low RPM but going like mad when the Power Band kicks in. I tooks the carbs out and for one was missing what I think is call the primary pick up tube that drops down into the float bowl. Went to the junk yard found one that fits and stuck it in there. I put it all back together and now I have no spark. I read in my clymers that Throttle adjustment can affect your spark, well at least I think thats what it said. Anyway does anyone have any ideas on this? Darn thing has me scratchin my head. Thanks for any help. Bob

Hondamaster5505
05-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Do you still have the TORS hooked up? Also, did you see if pulling the tube back off did anything?

papacrews
05-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Do you still have the TORS hooked up? Also, did you see if pulling the tube back off did anything?

Ya know I figured it out. I didn't have the Throttle Valve seated all the way down. This apparently triggered the TORS into thinking the throttle was all the way open and thus no spark. Good thing is the addition of the missing primary pickup tube on the one carb that was missing it made all the diference in the world! The bike cruises pretty good now. I'm thinkin I'll keep the TORS hooked up cause I'm a knucklehead and may do it agian. HAHA

Thanks for the repsonse!

Dinner
05-05-2008, 11:22 AM
You might have good luck with the TORS system. However if/when they do start giving you a hard time you may want to look into getting rid of them. They can become more of a pain trying to diagnose them then fix them.

Hondamaster5505
05-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Dinner
You might have good luck with the TORS system. However if/when they do start giving you a hard time you may want to look into getting rid of them. They can become more of a pain trying to diagnose them then fix them.

our TORS is still good on our 99:eek2: