PDA

View Full Version : hondamaha not idle cuts out and dies 426

KnuckleHead
05-04-2008, 01:03 AM
ok my hybrid 426 doesnt have any bottom end, i did the bk mod, adjusted the valves and set my jetting at 168 main 42 pilot 7.2 other little jet 4th down on needle 200 air 100 air i have spent lots of time cussing at it and evey thing but it doesnt idle for squat and stalls out from 0 throttle to half, i just want my yamahonda to rip! it has a hacked up gytr pipe on it thats loud i wonder if i am having a back pressure problem? some wires on the shift sensor are not connected to anything and dont have any place to connect to. i assume TPS sensor has never moved has factorie paint line on it. . . any ideas?

05-04-2008, 02:03 AM
what is the comp?

KnuckleHead
05-04-2008, 11:18 AM
i dont think i did a comp test i only did a leak down that turned out ok i ll do a comp test today i would guess its going to have a decent amount 160+ psi on the tester, but ill check it out.

KnuckleHead
05-04-2008, 03:54 PM
ok so i messed with some stuff changed the adjustments on my whiz bang bk mod, got rid of the push cable now its only pull on the twisty cable was fraieed and stickiee not the actual problem but hay better to cut it loose then for it to stick on a big jump.. so i got the thing to start easy, compression is fine idle is still a little weird but i dont want to let it itdle im runing a PWR 250r radiator and about 3-5 mins it will boil. so as long as it fires right up i dont mind it not idleing, some day im going to rig up a thermo switch and a electric fan, stuff a electrotex stator and battery and some trail tech hids it will help cooling issues later its still only 70deg tops here. i like to ride a nite too gota have the lights! so i take it out and now the bottem ends not bad i think i can tune it out with the air screw, but the top end full throttle went nuts floods out went way down to a 142 main and it got better so im about to try the 130ish range see if that helps, who ever made this frame i would like to slap them one, its the 400ex geo but for the 426 but the neglected the fact that you need some mods for the intake air filter boot and carb man i got no room at all, air leaks every where that i had to patch up and on top of that the nub on the head of a 426 isnt much to strap too why cant they be like a 2 stroke bolt the manifold onto the head damn it! hose clamps dont cut it! i hope this thing is worth a damn i got some time in it now, i agree that its better than a raptor both 660 and 700 and way better than a yfz 450 or any 450 for that matter but its never going to compete with a nice 250r or go as fast as a nice banshee... but it will take a jump like no other ! its got nice works tripples revalved by peps and some burguard +3s i think and a +3 i think lonestar axle. its the jumping machine!!! ok now back to beer and tools....

jrspawn
05-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Has anyone ever taken the slide out of the carb? If so make sure its in there right. Sounds like it could possibly be in there upside down.

Thank you
Justin

Laeger350RX
05-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Like jrspawn said check the slide, also the rubber ring between the slide and the cutaway piece can become ripped or dry and cause, issues there also. Be careful with that jetting I think your getting really lean on the main jet. You said you did a leak down what was the outcome? It only takes a tiny spot in the head gasket to cause the radiator to pressurize and boil like that.

jrspawn
05-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Just read through your post some more, and like laeger350rx said, you are WAY too lean. If you have a 140 in there and thinking of going to the 130's, DONT!!! That is WAY too lean. Take the carb off and pull it apart, theres an issue with it.

Thank you
justin

CSR400EX
05-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Just read through your post some more, and like laeger350rx said, you are WAY too lean. If you have a 140 in there and thinking of going to the 130's, DONT!!! That is WAY too lean. Take the carb off and pull it apart, theres an issue with it.

Thank you
justin
X2, i got mine jetted pretty good, and im at a 172 main, 48 pilot, stock needle middle clip, o ring mod and BK mod.