PDA

View Full Version : Atv drag racing forum ?

babiak400ex
05-03-2008, 11:11 PM
I would like to take a poll to see if there would be enough ppl to form an atv drag racing forum ? I think It would be cool personally. Thanks for your participation.

CSR400EX
05-03-2008, 11:53 PM
yeah, i think it would be cool. i drag race at the county fairs, a few local tracks, and at the local riding spot. i am actually dragging today at Dirt Country, 300ft dirt, with my hybrid in the 0-700cc 4 stroke class

Iliketogofast
05-04-2008, 07:26 AM
I personally thought there should be a forum for dragging and hillclimbing, probably together.

But I think the last time they added a forum was the How To section, and I doubt a new one would be added.

It would be nice.

Mxjunkie
05-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
I personally thought there should be a forum for dragging and hillclimbing, probably together.

But I think the last time they added a forum was the How To section, and I doubt a new one would be added.

It would be nice.

They have added I'd say 4-5 since the how to section because of the uprise of new sport quads on the market now. A drag section would be very cool, there is a lot of drag quads on this site as well and it is a form of atv racing/riding.. I know my banshee will wonder its way into that forum now that it's my play bike.. :devil:

Pappy
05-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I know my banshee will wonder its way into that forum now that it's my play bike.. :devil:

I am pretty sure they meant drag racing, as in 2 quads racing down a track of determined distance.

Your banshee would be a different form of drag...as in being drug with a rope:devil: by a honda:blah:

my88r
05-04-2008, 01:23 PM
i see a drag thread. turning into bashing and flaming. do to the i want to drag this quad. who will win etc.:ermm:

Kickstarts-suck
05-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I am pretty sure they meant drag racing, as in 2 quads racing down a track of determined distance.

Your banshee would be a different form of drag...as in being drug with a rope:devil: by a honda:blah:

:eek: :p

05-04-2008, 03:51 PM

ROFL now thats funny!

Mxjunkie
05-04-2008, 06:55 PM

hahahaha! hey now.. I think I could make that yamajunki last 300ft...

well... maybe ahah :blah:

pro-rider46
05-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by my88r
i see a drag thread. turning into bashing and flaming. do to the i want to drag this quad. who will win etc.:ermm:

i think thats everywhere already, i see this being a good section, with dropping the quads height, and gearing and of course some sweet internal mods. this would be awesome because most people know how to setup for mx or xc but dragging is very different from those two...

Dinner
05-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Drag sub topic would be nice. Fellas can talk about gearing, suspension, wheelie bar modifications/building, frame mods/building frames, things to lose mass, engine mods, list goes on:)

I think it would be fun, sure some bashing each other would come into play, but that's harmless fun (unless you take things too far):eek:

exrider272
05-06-2008, 06:24 AM
yeah a drag race forum would be awsome.. ive always been looking all over the internet to find one.. one only found 1 good one.. i think its an awsome idea!

babiak400ex
05-07-2008, 07:11 PM
I have been working on mine off and on setting it up for 1/8 th mile nothing major but I lowered it in front with 300ex shocks & in the rear with longer likage in the rear & a + 6 in swingarm , and run American Racing dirt track tire they hook up great on the track.