PDA

View Full Version : AWSOME day at the track!

JRP
05-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Well we went down to NCMP today for some practice time, and great seat time on the new quad. Put in about 3-3.5hrs of ride time and man, all i can say is, i love the ltr. Feel really good on it, and can't wait to ride again tomorrow! Track was dusty, but no one was there except me, cole, david, thomas, jon and stanton. A few bike riders showed up, but nothing big. Overall today was awsome!

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me2-13.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me3-12.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me5-9.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me6-9.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me1-16.jpg

05-03-2008, 09:43 PM
looks like a fun time I wanna go to that track it looks fun.

05-03-2008, 10:10 PM
good stuff jordan!

klutch
05-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Nice pics! Glad to hear you like the new bike too.

JJs450r
05-03-2008, 10:56 PM
i dont really care for there new layout liked it better before

JRP
05-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
i dont really care for there new layout liked it better before

1st time there so id ont know the other way, lol. It was fun as hell though, can't wait to go back! Here are a few more pics coles aunt got of me!

Cole and I running a moto, right on him!
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/coleandi.jpg
Stanton, Thomas, and I
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me7-8.jpg
L to R... David, Cole, Me
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/me8-4.jpg
Yea.....
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p16/jrp859/whip2-2.jpg

JJs450r
05-03-2008, 11:07 PM
ya awsome pics though i havent had my quad last district race there :-/ wish i wouldnt of got my head ported :(

05-03-2008, 11:08 PM
nice

JRP
05-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by z400rider08
nice

thanks barton!

400ex28
05-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Lookin' good man.

Robin Hood
05-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Glad to hear you're liking the LTR. Nice pics bro!

JRP
05-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Thanks everyone! I really want to go again today, but im not to sure if I can or not. Any body have an suggestions on where to practice next weekend? Im trying to convince my dad to go to IL with cole, thomas, and stanton, but we dont really have a good enough vehicle to travel 15hrs while pulling the toy hauler, so I guess we are just going to pracitce again. Thanks

jherbie28
05-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by JRP
Thanks everyone! I really want to go again today, but im not to sure if I can or not. Any body have an suggestions on where to practice next weekend? Im trying to convince my dad to go to IL with cole, thomas, and stanton, but we dont really have a good enough vehicle to travel 15hrs while pulling the toy hauler, so I guess we are just going to pracitce again. Thanks

GO TO BREEZEWOOD PROVING GROUNDS, good pics looking good on that new ltr. i was amazed how comfortable it was when i made the switch from a well built kfx440. good luck man you got the bike to beat now.

UNBROKEN
05-04-2008, 09:24 AM
^ i second going to breezewod provings grounds , great place to go and have a great time.

AtvMxRider
05-04-2008, 09:41 AM
:macho

JRP
05-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Ill deffinately see what my dad wants to do, then if we do go to BPG, i gotta see all whos going to be there!

Jerry: Where have you been? I haven't seen nor talked to you in a long time. Hopefully everything is going good with the kids n wife!

trx400EXtreme
05-04-2008, 10:23 AM
awesome pics. you look right at home on the LTR.:macho

yoshi470
05-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by JRP

I'm gonna be in IL next weekend :D ...cant wait walnut is def the nicest track i have ever rode on

JRP
05-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
awesome pics. you look right at home on the LTR.:macho

thanks man! yea i feel alot faster on it than i did my honda, and everyone said i looked alot quicker on it too!

yoshi470: Man i want to go so bad! If only we had a f350 dually, then we would deffinatetly be there! Hopefully sometime soon we will pick one up so we will be able to hit up all the nationals. I was going to go with randy lehr but my dad dosen't want to do that. Maybe he will change hismind, lol

Nick110
05-04-2008, 02:01 PM
noob.

quad2xtreme
05-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Jordan, it was great riding with you guys yesterday and nice to "own" the track for once...there were at least triple the quads out yesterday. I wish everyone's parents road too. It would be nice to have at least one other "old" man riding. ;)

Is the last picture the 75' tabletop? If so, it is a darn good thing I didn't see someone hitting that in a picture before I did it. :D I never saw you on your 450r but you definitely seemed comfortable on the LTR.

Sorry Connie and I didn't get to spend more time talking to you and your dad at the picnic. I didn't know about it until I got to NCMP. I would have brought Connie to the track had I known about it sooner. We ended up hanging out until around 10. We went exploring in one of the old farm houses after you left. It was getting dark so we had one flashlight for the crew of 12.

You heading to the National in at High Point Memorial Day weekend? If so, you should try to stop off at Breezewood that Monday. We will still be there.

JRP
05-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Jordan, it was great riding with you guys yesterday and nice to "own" the track for once...there were at least triple the quads out yesterday. I wish everyone's parents road too. It would be nice to have at least one other "old" man riding. ;)

Is the last picture the 75' tabletop? If so, it is a darn good thing I didn't see someone hitting that in a picture before I did it. :D I never saw you on your 450r but you definitely seemed comfortable on the LTR.

Sorry Connie and I didn't get to spend more time talking to you and your dad at the picnic. I didn't know about it until I got to NCMP. I would have brought Connie to the track had I known about it sooner. We ended up hanging out until around 10. We went exploring in one of the old farm houses after you left. It was getting dark so we had one flashlight for the crew of 12.

You heading to the National in at High Point Memorial Day weekend? If so, you should try to stop off at Breezewood that Monday. We will still be there.

Hey jon, it was good seeing and riding with you too man! You looked good out there, and thats crazy you hit that table! lol. Yea its the table, but i measured it out(feet wise, using my feet, lol) and it was closer to 85ft! Deffinately crazy to see a 40+ guy out there busting that out! hahah mad props to you.

I wish we could of stayed longer at thomas's but we had a 3.5hr drive back home, and it was around 7, and we were both real tired, so we figured it was about time to head out. But I will deffinately be at the national at high point, and that would be awsome if we could stop by on monday at BPG, but it all depends if I have to go to school tuesday or not, I might be done with school by that time, it just depends on my teachers. I will deffinately let you know though.

yea thomas took me into one of the farm houses right next to his house where the slaves used to be kept, its so creepy n weird, lol. Bones and eveything down there..... I told him he needs to charge people for tours at that place, lol. What are you doing next weekend? I might come back down, but idk, I really want to keep practicing with cole, but hes goin to IL, so hopefully ill be able to make it to IL too, doubt it.... haha.

AtvMxRider
05-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by JRP
Ill deffinately see what my dad wants to do, then if we do go to BPG, i gotta see all whos going to be there!

Jerry: Where have you been? I haven't seen nor talked to you in a long time. Hopefully everything is going good with the kids n wife!

I am still around. Haven't been on here much casue I am having computer troubles:ermm:. Maybe we will see you at the track someday. We have actually been thinking of selling everything:eek:

JRP
05-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
I am still around. Haven't been on here much casue I am having computer troubles:ermm:. Maybe we will see you at the track someday. We have actually been thinking of selling everything:eek:

Dang man, that sucks! Justin dosen't want to ride anymore im guessing?

AtvMxRider
05-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by JRP
Dang man, that sucks! Justin dosen't want to ride anymore im guessing?

Him and Ryan both want to race we just can't afford it anymore

JRP
05-05-2008, 02:18 PM
damn man, that sucks, hopefully sometime u guys will be able to come back out to a track and ride!

JRP
05-08-2008, 11:38 AM
well with the weather looking ****ty again this weekend, and i completely forgot its mothers day on sunday, looks like ill only be riding local, hopefully the rain stays away and it dosen't pour!:grr:

quad2xtreme
05-08-2008, 12:23 PM
yea, I am trying to figure out how to convince my wife that riding on Sunday at NCMP would be like a Mother's Day present to her...I don't know...me getting out of her hair for the day. :confused:

JRP
05-08-2008, 01:12 PM
yea, I am trying to figure out how to convince my wife that riding on Sunday at NCMP would be like a Mother's Day present to her...I don't know...me getting out of her hair for the day. :confused:

hahah! man i realllllly want to go back down there soon, but the drive is killer for one day, hopefully we can go back down there with our camper soon and practice fri-sunday. You gonna try to make it to birch creek next weekend jon?

quad2xtreme
05-08-2008, 01:58 PM
I will definitely be at Birch Creek barring any issues with my one quad for practice and racing. :)

If you guys ever want to just come down for the weekend in the truck with a small trailer, I am 50 minutes from NCMP and have a guest house you guys can stay in. It has everything but a stove. Has A/C, cable tv, DVD player, kitchen sink, microwave, toaster, coffee pot. There is a queen bed in a separate bedroom and a futon in the living room. I've run back and forth plenty of times on a Saturday and Sunday. It actually works out well because they close the track at 5:00 so it gets boring there until you can ride the next morning. The whole upstairs in our house is empty too if you wanted to bring anyone else along. There are two bedrooms, a full bathroom, and an exercise room.

/Jon

AtvMxRider
05-08-2008, 03:20 PM
I will definitely be at Birch Creek barring any issues with my one quad for practice and racing. :)

If you guys ever want to just come down for the weekend in the truck with a small trailer, I am 50 minutes from NCMP and have a guest house you guys can stay in. It has everything but a stove. Has A/C, cable tv, DVD player, kitchen sink, microwave, toaster, coffee pot. There is a queen bed in a separate bedroom and a futon in the living room. I've run back and forth plenty of times on a Saturday and Sunday. It actually works out well because they close the track at 5:00 so it gets boring there until you can ride the next morning. The whole upstairs in our house is empty too if you wanted to bring anyone else along. There are two bedrooms, a full bathroom, and an exercise room.

/Jon

Now that right there is what this sport is all about.:macho

JRP
05-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Now that right there is what this sport is all about.:macho

x2! Thanks for the offer jon, i think I will deffinately take up on it soon! lol. Im planning on being at birch, then highpoint the following weekend for the national! Hopefully Ill have the other ltr with me by then, and maybe some goodies on it! lol.

quad2xtreme
05-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Sounds good. Definitely try to talk your dad into coming back to NC via Breezewood after the Mount Morris race. You probably have to come across 68 all the way to where it meets 70 anyhow. BPG is only 30 minutes from that intersection.

Funny, I went to grade school in Mt. Morris, my dad was the head teacher/principal there for a few years too. I grew up in Waynesburg, Kirby, Pt. Marion, Smithfield, and went to WVU for 4 years and haven't been to High Point.

I am pretty sure a friend of mine is coming to the races so I will make sure he video tapes your race. I am still tempted to get an HD video camera but I just don't know enough about them yet...mostly, how difficult is it to get the video to Blu-Ray so it plays in HD on my television. I do have an upconverter DVD player that does a pretty good job with regular DVDs. He is good at editing video but there really won't be much editing for a race video.

JRP
05-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Sounds good. Definitely try to talk your dad into coming back to NC via Breezewood after the Mount Morris race. You probably have to come across 68 all the way to where it meets 70 anyhow. BPG is only 30 minutes from that intersection.

Funny, I went to grade school in Mt. Morris, my dad was the head teacher/principal there for a few years too. I grew up in Waynesburg, Kirby, Pt. Marion, Smithfield, and went to WVU for 4 years and haven't been to High Point.

I am pretty sure a friend of mine is coming to the races so I will make sure he video tapes your race. I am still tempted to get an HD video camera but I just don't know enough about them yet...mostly, how difficult is it to get the video to Blu-Ray so it plays in HD on my television. I do have an upconverter DVD player that does a pretty good job with regular DVDs. He is good at editing video but there really won't be much editing for a race video.

Yea i will deffinately see what my dad say's about stoppin at BPG. It would deffinately be on the way home, only thing is that might stop us is hauling our trailer up the mountain with the vehicle, might be kind of hard, but we will see. Ill deffinatelt let you know here shortly about comming to BPG/NC again.

That would be sweet if your friend videotaped the race. Hopefully he can get me and cole battleing it out in the race. Ive never been there either, hell, never even seen footage from it, but i think they have a pretty sweet step up? Not to sure though, but we will see here shortly!

quad2xtreme
05-08-2008, 07:12 PM
sorry for the confusion...I meant my friend will be at Birch Creek video taping. I'm not going to High Point...I will be at Breezewood for the weekend...plan on racing in the night races there Saturday night. It is outlaw racing. :eek2:

JRP
05-08-2008, 07:23 PM
sorry for the confusion...I meant my friend will be at Birch Creek video taping. I'm not going to High Point...I will be at Breezewood for the weekend...plan on racing in the night races there Saturday night. It is outlaw racing. :eek2:

Ahhhh gotcha! lol
Yea im deffinately planning on being there, i love that track! Ill deffinately see you there Jon! It would be fun as hell racing at night, maybe dan will do it again someother time so i can join in!

BlaineKaiser450
05-08-2008, 08:31 PM
looks like a fun track!