PDA

View Full Version : Super Secret Shocks

08Honda400ex
05-03-2008, 08:06 PM
I see people on here with Super Secret Shocks under their mods and i was wondering what are they?

05-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by 08Honda400ex
I see people on here with Super Secret Shocks under their mods and i was wondering what are they?

more than likely HLS

08Honda400ex
05-03-2008, 10:09 PM
oh ok

bradley300
05-04-2008, 01:09 AM
it was mine, i had them before they were released, and didnt know what they were going to be called yet;)

ohsobad_chevy
05-04-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
it was mine, i had them before they were released, and didnt know what they were going to be called yet;)

So what makes these shocks "the best shock on the market" ?? :confused:

ALAMX37
05-04-2008, 10:48 PM
A statement by someone who can't prove that point. There isn't a best suspension on the market otherwise we would all use the same stuff. Not to bash but this is their first true shocks not rebuilds, so I seriously doubt they have everything figured out yet.

godzilla
05-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
A statement by someone who can't prove that point. There isn't a best suspension on the market otherwise we would all use the same stuff. Not to bash but this is their first true shocks not rebuilds, so I seriously doubt they have everything figured out yet.

Probably the most intelligent reply I have EVER read on this forum.

bradley300
05-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
So what makes these shocks "the best shock on the market" ?? :confused:

the pistons which flow better than anyone elses, along with the fact they are valved within 5 lbs of your weight, instead of 15 like elka or 30 like works. with these shocks you are essentially getting a set of revalved aftermarket shocks by GT Thunder, which everyone says are the best. you can not order a set of shocks that are near as good as these, to get close, anything else you buy will need a re-valve by GTT.

mx1791
05-05-2008, 03:26 PM
so your saying hls is better then lets say, fox or axis?

ohsobad_chevy
05-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by mx1791
so your saying hls is better then lets say, fox or axis?

For starters, comparing fox to HLS or Axis would be like comparing apples to oranges. I undoubtedly think that they are a very good shock, the creators definately know their stuff and have a lot of experience.

mx1791
05-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
For starters, comparing fox to HLS or Axis would be like comparing apples to oranges. I undoubtedly think that they are a very good shock, the creators definately know their stuff and have a lot of experience.
sure comparing an air shock to a spring shock is comparing apple to oranges... but bradley stated that you can not order a shock near as good as hls, when imo im sure i can order a set of fox and like them more then hls..

05-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by mx1791
sure comparing an air shock to a spring shock is comparing apple to oranges... but bradley stated that you can not order a shock near as good as hls, when imo im sure i can order a set of fox and like them more then hls..

I have to agree with mr.basile here only like 1 person on the site has hls shocks and probably hasnt ridden fox or axis. I am sure fox or axis shocks would be easily better then the hls by far.

bradley300
05-06-2008, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by RoadRidin450r
I I am sure fox or axis shocks would be easily better then the hls by far.

based on what? the fact that people send axis to the same person to get revalved? you are getting GTT valving with these, the same stuff everyone sends aftermarket shocks to him for. so if the valving is better than an axis, if he has it in an axis body, why cant it be better in an HLS body also, you havent changed the valving

and i'll clarify my best shock comment, best coil spring shock, ive got no idea what the fox's are like

bradley300
05-06-2008, 06:17 AM

bradley300
05-06-2008, 06:18 AM
1 person on the site has hls shocks and probably hasnt ridden fox or axis.

once again, what made you say this? my geuss is you see i have a raptor 250 so you think i'm some babbling, inexperienced 14 year old? i understand but you'd be wrong. ive been racing for nearly 8 years, riding for 13 on numerous quads and even more numerous set ups, i know what a good shock should feel like.

Colby@C&DRacing
05-06-2008, 08:52 AM
[B]the pistons which flow better than anyone elses B]

Where is the testing that shows these pistons flow better than the ones we use or the ones that are in any other shock?? Have you tested the flow rate or are you just restating claims.

rob-u/21
05-06-2008, 10:47 AM
any pics of these shocks?

coryatver
05-06-2008, 11:15 AM
These shocks are perfect for quads like the raptor 250 that have throw away stockers that can't be revalved. It is better than getting aftermarkets with junk valving. If you have a quad that has revalvable shocks then it would probably be more economical to just get them done.

That is a very good point from Colby that there is no proof, However does C&D racing have proof that the C&D racing pistons flow any better than any other shock or the GT Thunder pistons? It works both ways. If you are going to call them out, you should at least have some facts to back it up. GT Thunder has a very good reputation they wouldn't claim something if it wasn't true.

mcwilly
05-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by rob-u/21
any pics of these shocks?

link to their website (http://www.hlssuspension.com/)

bradley300
05-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
Where is the testing that shows these pistons flow better than the ones we use or the ones that are in any other shock?? Have you tested the flow rate or are you just restating claims.

i'm just re-stating claims, but my geuss is i can get proof pretty easy. like the other guy said, if your going to call them out, lets see your own proof.

bradley300
05-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
These shocks are perfect for quads like the raptor 250 that have throw away stockers that can't be revalved. It is better than getting aftermarkets with junk valving. If you have a quad that has revalvable shocks then it would probably be more economical to just get them done.

That is a very good point from Colby that there is no proof, However does C&D racing have proof that the C&D racing pistons flow any better than any other shock or the GT Thunder pistons? It works both ways. If you are going to call them out, you should at least have some facts to back it up. GT Thunder has a very good reputation they wouldn't claim something if it wasn't true.

perfect post award! explains the whole thing very well

duke416ex
05-06-2008, 02:58 PM
I would like to see some info on these being the best flowing pistons. Also, it was my understanding that these shocks were made FOR quads that had non rebuildable shocks. I am not to crazy about them being non adjustable as I have never gotten a shock, even a gt thunder, that has not needed some tuning.

05-06-2008, 03:10 PM
based on what? the fact that people send axis to the same person to get revalved? you are getting GTT valving with these, the same stuff everyone sends aftermarket shocks to him for. so if the valving is better than an axis, if he has it in an axis body, why cant it be better in an HLS body also, you havent changed the valving

and i'll clarify my best shock comment, best coil spring shock, ive got no idea what the fox's are like

Yea people send their axis and pep and every shock to gtt to ret revalved and resprung if they need it after a season but no one gets brand new axis shocks and sends them away thats plain dumb.

Colby@C&DRacing
05-06-2008, 03:20 PM
I have never made claims that we use the highest flowing piston on the market. We use pistons that flow much greater than the OEM pistons that they are replacing. I was not calling GT thunder out but would love to see the flow rates of all the pistons they have tested. As for our piston the ports sizes are quite a bit larger than stock and have smoother angles that allow for greater flow this is our only claim. The pistons we use allow for greater valving control over the OEM pistons.

honda250xrider
05-06-2008, 03:23 PM
these may very well be the best shocks out for his application, for the simple fact it is hard to get any 250 sport quad with decent shocks, heck i tried so many setups on my old 250 that i couldnt even begin to tell you, honestly i always felt my works were better than the elka, axis, pep that i rode on, simple because i had the rebound adjustment on the other shocks which took up to much travel and on these 250's they do not come with much. i am douptful that fox, motowoz, noleen, makes shocks for his quad. In fact i have never seen a c@d revalve on any 250, there may be some out there just have never seen any.

When you step up into the long shock class that is when you can really compare every shock maker/tuner. After riding fox, axis, works, elka, i have yet to feel as plush as a ride on my motowoz setup on the 450. There are more tuners out there than just HLS that will valve with 5-10lb leway. Simply put a builder can say whatever he wants on what he valves the weight to but i would almost always give -5, +5lbs on where your weight was set for. Thats pretty much just common.

honda250xrider
05-06-2008, 03:25 PM
o and roadriding450r i have seen numerous people send there brand new never ridin axis shocks out to noleen to get revalved. Imo he is one of the best tuners out there.

Colby@C&DRacing
05-06-2008, 03:29 PM
We don't do revalves on the 250 because the shocks are not rebuildable

Pappy
05-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
As for our piston the ports sizes are quite a bit larger than stock and have smoother angles that allow for greater flow this is our only claim.

Start marketing them with this claim, most folks fall for anything!:p Hype, its what drives todays sales:devil:

bwamos
05-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Start marketing them with this claim, most folks fall for anything!:p Hype, its what drives todays sales:devil:
Cant forget bling factor.. lol.

If you put some 47point clickers w/ spinners on them they'd be all the rage.. lol.

exrider49
05-08-2008, 08:06 PM
bradley300, you claim these are the best coil spring shocks?? then why dont anyone run them besides you?? i bet the pep PB1 or the axis HLS compression titanium shocks would be a night and day difference from your shocks...also dont claim those HLS are the best shocks because you havent rode anything that great, i seen your posts before of the setups you rode, ride some shocks that you cant but from rockymountain or motosport outlet .."the pistons which flow better than anyone elses, along with the fact they are valved within 5 lbs of your weight, instead of 15 like elka or 30 like works" why dont you compare them to shocks that aren't mass produced like pep, they get built specially for you, "you can not order a set of shocks that are near as good as these, to get close, anything else you buy will need a re-valve by GTT" why would i order some pep shocks and take them to GT thunder, when mark baldwin is the only other person that builds them besides wayne(correct me if im wrong) wait never mind according to bradley gt thunder is the best....sorry kid you said exactly what you were earlier in this thread "inexperienced 14 year old"

05-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by exrider49
bradley300, you claim these are the best coil spring shocks?? then why dont anyone run them besides you?? i bet the pep PB1 or the axis HLS compression titanium shocks would be a night and day difference from your shocks...also dont claim those HLS are the best shocks because you havent rode anything that great, i seen your posts before of the setups you rode, ride some shocks that you cant but from rockymountain or motosport outlet .."the pistons which flow better than anyone elses, along with the fact they are valved within 5 lbs of your weight, instead of 15 like elka or 30 like works" why dont you compare them to shocks that aren't mass produced like pep, they get built specially for you, "you can not order a set of shocks that are near as good as these, to get close, anything else you buy will need a re-valve by GTT" why would i order some pep shocks and take them to GT thunder, when mark baldwin is the only other person that builds them besides wayne(correct me if im wrong) wait never mind according to bradley gt thunder is the best....sorry kid you said exactly what you were earlier in this thread "inexperienced 14 year old"

Thank you someone besides me is trying to get through to this kid. Pep and Axis would kill this company.

exrider49
05-08-2008, 08:24 PM
yeah im just tired of hearing this person ramble on about these shocks that are supposively the best

Pappy
05-08-2008, 08:26 PM
I dont think HLS was developed to put either out of business:p And turn around time alone can be a huge factor for shock companies. Elka grew so fast thanks to the 2 week deleivery time from order date and othe companies have had to speed it up to keep customers coming back.

You have to remember, anyone who does some internet research or attends alot of races will already have a real world handle on what shocks they want to run base on what they see working from real racers. The hot market for all aftermarket companies are the people who buy off impulse or base their decision on advertising/marketing which is no different then any other product in the world!

One of the best set of shocks I have ever riden was a set of old Ohlins that had been rebuilt by a no name company! What works works, and I am sure HLS will have their place in the market. And dont badger Bradley to hard, he isnt 14, and he does know how to ride. Expessing his opinion and backing it up with all the facts one can get are all anyone can ask. I think the claim "The best" is what has people on edge, and that I can understand, just keep it from becoming an attack thread please:p

exrider49
05-08-2008, 08:28 PM
hey bradley, so you would take your raptor 250 setup over this? well you probably would because yours is the best silly me

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z50/nickels18/IMG_6164.jpg

05-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Exrider that is a really nice raptor 250 and those shocks look total beast on there. Hope they arent 2 grand on a 250 though lol.

exrider49
05-08-2008, 08:39 PM
sadly they probably are, i always go buy this saying " you get what you pay for" some times it isnt always right but im done arguing, i just dont believe there is a "best" anything because there is always some thing better out before you know it

j_cyrus3
05-08-2008, 10:15 PM
This place is getting a bit rediculous. You can't make a claim or statement on here without some 10 year old coming back with " BUT AXIS OR PEP!!! "... Get real man.... Opinions are like azzholes, everyone has one.

If I had a Raptor 250, you better believe I would be on the list for some HLS shocks. Laz knows his shi+.

exrider49
05-09-2008, 06:24 AM
yeah whats wrong with my opinion? bradley says HLS is THE BEST, not once, a few times, that is why i said something, and i see it posted all over the site from him, and i havent seen anything to back up there the best like comparison to all the other suspension companies, i agree for the price of the shocks you cant go wrong, but there is no best

Scro
05-09-2008, 07:17 AM
hey bradley, so you would take your raptor 250 setup over this? well you probably would because yours is the best silly me

Bradley has more experience on these shocks than any other forum member probably. And from what I read, he's pretty darn fast and knows his stuff. It's not about how much money you can sink into the front suspension, it's all about how it's setup.

If the HLS on his quad works best for him than any other shock combination, then I guess you can say that's the best combo from his perspective. In the same manner, if the HLS worked better for me than my Axis/Ars-fx front end, you damn right I would switch in a heartbeat. The bling will only works for women. Once you get back in the woods, none of that matters.

mcwilly
05-09-2008, 07:44 AM
I dont think HLS was developed to put either out of business:p And turn around time alone can be a huge factor for shock companies. Elka grew so fast thanks to the 2 week deleivery time from order date and othe companies have had to speed it up to keep customers coming back.

You have to remember, anyone who does some internet research or attends alot of races will already have a real world handle on what shocks they want to run base on what they see working from real racers. The hot market for all aftermarket companies are the people who buy off impulse or base their decision on advertising/marketing which is no different then any other product in the world!

One of the best set of shocks I have ever riden was a set of old Ohlins that had been rebuilt by a no name company! What works works, and I am sure HLS will have their place in the market. And dont badger Bradley to hard, he isnt 14, and he does know how to ride. Expessing his opinion and backing it up with all the facts one can get are all anyone can ask. I think the claim "The best" is what has people on edge, and that I can understand, just keep it from becoming an attack thread please:p

Thank you, Pappy.

He's said he's run different suspension setups...and out of them all (that HE's tried) these are the best. In HIS opinion. Everybody needs to put on their big girl panties and quit getting so offended when somebody's opinion differs from theirs. Quit turning this into a pizzing match.
And to answer your question as to why nobody else is running them besides Bradley....I would imagine because these shocks are brand new to the market.
But I can tell you this. Evidently word is getting around. When I first asked about these shocks in this link (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=348718) the turn around time to get them built and shipped was 2 days. When I placed my order on Monday, the time to be built and shipped was close to a week....because of the amount of orders received.

Bill Fuller
05-09-2008, 04:52 PM
The posted statements about Bradley are exactly whats wrong with this site. I agree with Bradley and I have ridden with him. He had no problem keeping up with me on my YFZ with his set up, and if you are saying I'm slow then bring it. He is not 14, how old are you, does it matter????? I wouldn't take the set up pictured campared to Bradleys, did your daddy buy that for you cause you said it was the bestest and you would be a good little boy. Why don't you go to any race that Bradley is in and put your arse on the line beside him. I got money that says you would get yours handed to you. Does your daddy let you race or do you just do wheelies down the road because mommy doesn't want her little man to get hurt. I wouldn't send my shocks to ANYONE but Laz at GTThunder, guess his work isn't good enough for you cause you have PEP's :rolleyes: If your mommy will let you stay up tonight why don't you do some research on GTThunder and see what kind of losers send their shocks to him for work:ermm:

j_cyrus3
05-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
The posted statements about Bradley are exactly whats wrong with this site. I agree with Bradley and I have ridden with him. He had no problem keeping up with me on my YFZ with his set up, and if you are saying I'm slow then bring it. He is not 14, how old are you, does it matter????? I wouldn't take the set up pictured campared to Bradleys, did your daddy buy that for you cause you said it was the bestest and you would be a good little boy. Why don't you go to any race that Bradley is in and put your arse on the line beside him. I got money that says you would get yours handed to you. Does your daddy let you race or do you just do wheelies down the road because mommy doesn't want her little man to get hurt. I wouldn't send my shocks to ANYONE but Laz at GTThunder, guess his work isn't good enough for you cause you have PEP's :rolleyes: If your mommy will let you stay up tonight why don't you do some research on GTThunder and see what kind of losers send their shocks to him for work:ermm:

Bill Fuller : you've said it best.

I've seen Bill Ballance's name on the in service list for GT Thunder. I guess Bill Ballance is a moron and his suspension sucks, right exrider49?

exrider49
05-09-2008, 07:37 PM
okay you guys b**** at me for saying i would take my shocks to mark baldwin and then you put words in my mouth and say that gt thunder sucks, where did i ever say gt thunder sucks? for one i am 18, been working for 2 1/2 years, got a 400ex and ltr450, my mom hasnt paid a penny on either, and my dad dont work because he has tunnel vision from a bad motorcycle accident when he was 27, coma for 3 months

exrider49
05-09-2008, 09:30 PM
i dont have peps or fox or axis, my ltr is stock besides nerfs, slip on, and the wheels off my 400ex, my 400ex has all my money in it and i was gonna get 450r revalved shocks by gt thunder but i got a good used set of elka tripple rate piggybacks from a member off here, and the rear is a stock pep rebuild...im done arguing with people over the internet about opinions so sorry for speaking mine because it caused a mess

Bill Fuller
05-09-2008, 09:49 PM
So you mean to tell me that all the crap you said and you don't even have shocks to send to Mark Baldwin:rolleyes: Now who sounds like the 14 year old:huh

05-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Haha that was kinda funny I thought you had like a full PEP LT race bike or something.

exrider49
05-09-2008, 10:09 PM
that is funny because when did i say i have peps? i said i would take them to him because he builds them

exrider49
05-09-2008, 10:10 PM
its funny bill fuller because you call me a 14 yr old but your the one arguing with me about my opinion and saying i cant ride and saying my parents pay for everything

05-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Oh no I am not against anyone here I just thought you had peps from how you talked about them yea they are great shocks and have a great builder I can' go against that and I sure hope GTT is good because they are getting my rear shock for a rebuild and a mx link because I hear they are good and have the best price for rebuild revalve and link.

exrider49
05-09-2008, 10:22 PM
i cant afford peps, well not $2000 for front shocks, i live about 5 miles from baldwin motorsports

05-09-2008, 10:41 PM
Nice IDK lots of people love the $1200 ones that have no rebound like mine very popular. PB1s are like for people with deep pockets or think money buys skill or are pro lol.

Bill Fuller
05-10-2008, 09:09 AM
I'm not arguing with you, I have a wife that takes all my time for that. I am just standing up for someone I consider a friend. And Roadrider yoy will not be dissapointed in the GTThunder rebuild.:muscle:

05-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Thanks I can't wait for it its so hard to jump with this stock rear end it feels like im gonna blow the quad to piece landing and feels like im gonna land on the bumper because it bucks so much. Stock 450r rear has like no travel and just plain sucks. I would probably buy hls if I had like a 300ex or maybe 400ex but I just like pep too much on the 450s lol and I don't think they are out yet for the 450s. Plus the price is amazing.

bradley300
05-10-2008, 09:41 AM
yeah im just tired of hearing this person ramble on about these shocks that are supposively the best

then add me to your ignore list.

bradley300
05-10-2008, 09:50 AM
I'm not arguing with you, I have a wife that takes all my time for that. I am just standing up for someone I consider a friend. And Roadrider yoy will not be dissapointed in the GTThunder rebuild.:muscle:

thank ya bill

bradley300
05-10-2008, 09:51 AM
i cant afford peps, well not $2000 for front shocks, i live about 5 miles from baldwin motorsports

you just go with HLS then, less money, shorter wait time, and you wont be dissapionted:D

bradley300
05-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Thank you someone besides me is trying to get through to this kid. Pep and Axis would kill this company.

and since you have ridden HLS, you would know right? or does the arguement against me (that i havent ridden others) really work both ways?

you bet axis and PEP are better, i say IMO HLS is better. Thats all either stement is, is an opinion. At least i have provided a little explaination for my reasoning, so far no one for any other compainy has done that. they are apparently better just because:rolleyes:

05-10-2008, 11:10 AM
The best shocks are the best you have ridden. One can only compare what they have ridden and can only make the statement as 1 shock company being "the best" is if they have ridden every shock out there.

exrider49
05-10-2008, 09:19 PM
well bradley i dont need shocks, my 400 has elka fronts i bought off a member from here, and pep rebuild rear, then the ltr stock suspension is decent, my 400 handles better but for stock suspension i cant complain, i might look for a used set of fox floats, i hear you can run them with the stock ltr a-arms if you have less air pressure in them?? but they can wait until i actually need them

tank69
05-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Thanks for reminding me why I visit this site about once a month. You get something free or discounted to "test" or whatever the reason and all the sudden "it's the best" there is. This is directed to all those who claim <insert brand name here> is the best, not just Bradley.

It's amazing how everyone gets there panties bunched up over such nonsense. What's it prove? How about next time you make a post saying you got some new product, here's my review on it? It's not a better than post, it's simply a review. I'm sure it will spawn the "ford vs. chevy" debate, but maybe ONE person will find the review useful.

I frequent alot of forums and the ones have the most beneficial information are the ones not starting a huge debate over what's the best. How many times must it be said, "what's best for YOU doesn't mean it's best for everyone". If your budget only allows $1000 for suspension, you either save up more money or buy what's in your budget, it's that simple.

bradley300
05-13-2008, 03:20 PM
not only were my shocks not just for a test, they also were'nt free, i paid retail just like anyone else

flyin#5
05-14-2008, 08:41 PM
this is a funny thread because about 90% of the people posting dont know very much about how suspension works.. and are arguing about it:confused:

higher flowing pistons are not gods gift to suspension. they could make pistons with an open ring instead of having ports.. but thats not what you want... if you do that you totally rely on your shims for damping. higher flowing pistons are good to a certain amount because they give you more adjustability with your shims.

suspension is all about how its setup. keep the fluid from getting hot and mixed with air(good bleeding and the purpose of the resivour), correct valving for you(shims on your piston setup/piston choice), and the correct spring rate(s).

the hardest part of the game for aftermarket companies is guessing. they have good estimates on what your valving should be BUT they dont know how you ride, your position on the quad.. along with other things. the BEST suspension is one that is setup correctly, which takes rider inputs, measuring, and adjusting properly.

for those of you with clicker settings that are bottoming off jumps and cranking in your preload screws and thinking its all better; go home. just kidding but seriously.. these clickers for rebound and compression are LOW SPEED only. not low quad speed.. low shock speed. so little rolling bumps.. some corners.. ect. when you hit a harsh bump or a jump the oil totally bypasses that screw. if you have them close to all the way in or all the way out something is not right.

thought id share a little info for those in here who dont know this stuff...

Dave400ex
05-15-2008, 09:19 PM
All this talk about the "Best" suspension and I never saw anyone post the Ohlins TTX. Those that Ballance and team KTM are running might very well be the BEST shock on the market. I would love to have a set setup by Ballance.

08Honda400ex
05-15-2008, 10:16 PM
where can you get those TTX at?

Colby@C&DRacing
05-16-2008, 07:47 AM
You currently can't buy the ttx shocks. Ohlins says maybe in a year they will release them for offroad use.

godzilla
05-16-2008, 08:05 AM
As long as you are willing to dish out $6000-$7000 for a set of shocks that the valving cant be played with, the TTX is perfect shock for you. :rolleyes:

ohsobad_chevy
05-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by godzilla
As long as you are willing to dish out $6000-$7000 for a set of shocks that the valving cant be played with, the TTX is perfect shock for you. :rolleyes:

Holy crap, are they really that much? Never rode a set of ohlins shocks, but would like too. Heard a lot of good about them. :)

Dave400ex
05-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by godzilla

You should never have to mess with valving in the first place. For the price that is paid all aftermarket shocks should be perfect.

bradley300
05-17-2008, 05:27 PM
regardless of how nice they are, it is completly unjustifyable to spend as much money on 3 shocks as you do the entire quad, they cant be THAT much better

TheNewn
05-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Well...Just read this whole thread, and I've seen a little bit of right, and a whole lot of wrong.

Just let the whole thing die.

mx4christ
05-17-2008, 08:34 PM
It is impossible to set up a shock with perfect valving for each race track. I read an article about Bill Ballance who does extensive R&D with Ohlins and he has different valving for every race. And for someone like GTT to claim they can get them set up perfect for you within 5lbs is stupid, there are just too many factors. Like the weight of your tires, the unsprung weight of rims, do you have stock or aftermarket spindles, does the bike have lights, swingarm, a arms, bars, skid plates, vary in weight depending on material and manufacture, perhalps you have some walsh titanium a arms and steering stem. Does GT thunder check all of this? NO!!! You can get close but to get the most out of your shock you need to make adjustments for every track. But even that is not entirely true since a large temperature variation on the same track would require an adjustment in compression and rebound.
The need for constant adjustment is probably the biggest selling point of axis and fox air shocks since the adjustability is infinite.

kodymx13
05-18-2008, 03:45 PM
yeah well my dad can beat up ur dad......

seriously its all opinion. and some of yall need to lay of the crack

ALAMX37
05-21-2008, 08:11 AM
OK this is very very simple, a shock without adjustments is known as garbage. I have rode the HLS on my friends machine and wasn't impressed what so ever, feels like rebuilt stock shocks on a 450, they're better than stock but lightyears away from being a competitive aftermarket option. If you haven't owned the real deal aftermarket Long travel shocks you dont have any idea how much better they are.
Just out of curiosity how old are you, I see that you ride a Raptor 250?

Scro
05-21-2008, 12:27 PM

LOL Here we go again:p

TheNewn
05-21-2008, 02:09 PM
See the little button under his post that says 'profile'? go ahead and click that.

Says he's 24 i think.

ohsobad_chevy
05-21-2008, 02:22 PM
.......It's been said plenty of times, it does not matter what your riding, as long as your riding. ;)

ALAMX37
05-21-2008, 02:40 PM
OK your opinion is coming from a 24 year old man who races in a child's class, hahahhaha no way are you serious right now. 450's don't ralate to youth quads so this whole topic is bogus. Again yes I have rode a pair on a rap 250. You just don't have any idea what real suspension is(not elka either). Sorry to be so condescending
but I know from personal experience HLS isn't anywhere close to the best supension out.

TheNewn
05-21-2008, 02:51 PM
OK your opinion is coming from a 24 year old man who races in a child's class, hahahhaha no way are you serious right now. 450's don't ralate to youth quads so this whole topic is bogus. Again yes I have rode a pair on a rap 250. You just don't have any idea what real suspension is(not elka either). Sorry to be so condescending
but I know from personal experience HLS isn't anywhere close to the best supension out.

Would have insulted his age if he was 14 or 44 :rolleyes:

Perhaps the Raptor 250 you rode was not your quad, ie, it was not set up for you?

Oh well, I'm done hah.

Bill Fuller
05-21-2008, 06:14 PM
but I know from personal experience HLS isn't anywhere close to the best supension out. Considering that you wouldn't list your age I'm gonna go on a limb here and say your probably another kid know it all. I bow at your vast knowledge, you have ridden long travel shocks:eek2: Golly you must be an awsome rider. Give me a break, funny how this thread keeps going because kids like you keep adding your opinion. I wish I had the picture of someone beating a dead horse to post.

Mommy's calling shes got your bath water ready, almost time for beddy by. GET A LIFE:ermm:

LotusPosition
05-21-2008, 06:44 PM
I wish I had the picture of someone beating a dead horse to post.

I am here to hook you up, lmao

05-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by LotusPosition
I am here to hook you up, lmao

ROFL!!!

flyin#5
05-21-2008, 09:31 PM
OK this is very very simple, a shock without adjustments is known as garbage. I have rode the HLS on my friends machine and wasn't impressed what so ever, feels like rebuilt stock shocks on a 450, they're better than stock but lightyears away from being a competitive aftermarket option. If you haven't owned the real deal aftermarket Long travel shocks you dont have any idea how much better they are.

you are an idiot my friend:) read my post and edjamicate yoself.

ALAMX37
05-22-2008, 05:09 PM
OK I will leave it alone. Apologizes to the offended. My only point is if you haven't rode different shock to compare against your basically saying they're the best bc I have them and that isn't going to go unresponded by me.

For MR. Fuller I am 21 and I never said I was a great rider I said if you haven't rode LT to compare against they you don't understand the vast difference.

Bill Fuller
05-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Look everyone Mr. tough guy sent me a PM:rolleyes:

ALAMX37 wrote on 05-22-2008 06:13 PM:
You didn't understand what I said, read it a few times and think real hard next time.
Go fart dust grandpa. Don't talk **** to me on the internet it gets you nowhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't give 2 sh*ts and a f*ck about your stupid opinion boy. Grow some hair on your balls then come back. Your post don't mean sh*t to me. Your to much of a little chicken sh*t to post your age thats why nobody cares for your worthless opinion. Why don't you tell everybody about your CRF and how great it/you are instead of filling everyone with your worthless opinion. Do you even race, hell do you really own a quad???? Go back home and suck mommas teat, I'm sure she misses her little man. The point is I don't care what you said enough to re-read it.

ohsobad_chevy
05-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Guys.......come on!! Honestly, who cares. What works for someone may not work for someone else, to each his own. Keep this convo on a professional level and try to learn something. :)

kodymx13
05-22-2008, 07:34 PM
this is better than watching UFC!! i say we all get on equal eton rascals and go pound out motos on a sand track. so them we all can appreciate suspension

ALAMX37
05-22-2008, 07:44 PM
MR. Fuller PM me this doesn't need to be on these boards.

Try riding an ole moto4 without shocks baby, I had one for like 5 years way back in the day. Any shock is better than no shock.

kodymx13
05-22-2008, 07:49 PM
i broke 2 in half.

ALAMX37
05-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Are you the Cody who use to ride a LTZ450
at the SEQUADS races?
You have prolly seen me and my little bro at the races, I bought Brit's YFZ a few years ago, the one with the white frame.

kodymx13
05-22-2008, 08:10 PM
that be me

honda250xrider
05-22-2008, 08:55 PM
go read what he is saying, this is the best for his application, if most of you have not ridden many of the 250's do not offer much suspension, like i said earlier my works were better than axis, elka, even tried a set of peps and did not like them compared to the works... amazing huh, its all in the rider who is riding the machine, but on these machines adjustment and travel is very limited so if HLS found a solution for a smooth shock throughout the travel unlike many of the 250's i have ridden the ride is very hard or soft, no in between which is hard to do with limited travel, so this may very well be the best shock out there right now for the 250, i said this in the post earlier, why are people bringing into the fact of upper level quads 450's etc. he is talking about the 250 class, one that i was into for many years, and frankly it is very hard for that type to find a shock/arm combo that works for them imo. I went through so many setup's it was redicolous.

Bill Fuller
05-23-2008, 07:56 AM
It gets even better, check out what Mr. Tough guy has to say today. I'm not hard to find, peddle your arse up here. Oh ya I double dog dare you:rolleyes:

LOL
OOOHHHH, grandpa did u **** your pants? I don't know who the **** you think you are speaking to be you are treading very thin ice with me, I live two hours from your town don't make me do something childish.
You sure like to run your mouth on here big man why dont you come to my world and say something like that to me, your old *** wouldn't walk away. You must have been picked on as a child huh? Is that why you are so bad ***. Why dont you try acting your age and not your dick size.

If you think I am bull****ting try me I beg you.

ALAMX37
05-23-2008, 08:29 AM
This is over, you have been arguing with my 14 yo brother. I get home from work and find all kinds of hateful bashing, wow hope you feel like a big man. You should act like an adult since you are one correct?

Mods I know you see this, even my brother had enough sense to use pm's but Mr.Fuller insists on flooding the board with useless info.

My apologizes to all offended! I refuse to stoop to that level on the internet.

bwamos
05-23-2008, 08:56 AM
I'd reccomend having your brother make his own account., and logging out when you leave. ;)

We've heard the "my younger brother got on my account" more times than you can count. Even if true, it holds no water. It is too easy of an excuse, and can be used as a cop out. I'd do my best to ensure he uses his own account as to not tarnish youre reputation on the boards, if you care.

Slamming and insulting one of our most knowledgable sport class racers is not the best way to build a good reputation on this site.

FYI: I'm 32 and I run a sport class quad, as well.

ALAMX37
05-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Again utmost apologies to those offended.
I made him make his own account this morning. IDK what his problem is he just got off a blaster over the winter.

But still I am sorry guys I will be more careful with my account. I always stay logged in, in fact prolly half my posts are my younger brother, so sorry to anyone else he has rubbed the wrong way.

godzilla
05-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Your "brother" needs to be a little more careful with his fingers on the keyboard. What he wrote can be taken VERY seriously in the hands of the law nowadays, and can land his arse in a cell.

Just my .02 worth.

TheNewn
05-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Little brother? right....

whats his account?:rolleyes:

SET THE STAGE
05-23-2008, 02:10 PM
THIS IS AWESOME HAHA

it's about 3pm right now and i've got nothing else to do, so i'm going to sum up everything.

HLS suspension, from what i've read from people who have OWNED it (not just rode someone else's suspension) love it. they use high flow pistons like in the stock rebuilds (which, from what i've heard, are better than some aftermarket setups)

PEP is awesome. we get it. i have a few products from them and all of them work flawlessly. are they better than HLS? maybe. they haven't been put up one on one with HLS to see. who cares, though?

elka, axis, tcs, etc. i'm sure are all awesome, too. they cost a ton but at the same time ask for measurements to insure that they're at least close to what you need.

are these better than HLS? who cares. if you're a budget rider than likes a good setup, obviously this is what you're looking for. if you've got some extra money to spare, elka, axis, tcs, or others alike would be what you're looking for. now if you've got some big bills running, then PEP, motowoz, and others alike are suited for you, i guess.
but what do i know? i'm just an 18 year old kid that runs triple rate works because that's all i can afford.

can this thread be locked now?

Pappy
05-23-2008, 11:09 PM
fuller and bradley can hold their own and if they want this thread handled they will ask.

peddle yer *** up here...LMFAO ---GO BILL:devil:

05-24-2008, 02:43 AM
-edited

not getting in to it changed my mind lol

bradley300
05-24-2008, 09:06 AM
fuller and bradley can hold their own and if they want this thread handled they will ask.

peddle yer *** up here...LMFAO ---GO BILL:devil:

i think we are beating a dead horse. i answered the original question as I saw fit and spent the next 8 pages defending my opinion. i'm sure the original poster got more than he needed so i'd say they is no use for this thread to still be open

ALAMX37
05-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Thank you, even the mods here want you to bash each other. I could be terribly ugly like Mr. Fuller but I am far beyond that at this point, I am not going to get down on your level guy, Grow up. I don't even talk to my bro that way. If you aren't going to lock it, this retarded back and forth is gonna go on and on.

Bill Fuller
05-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Then stop posting in this thread. I'm with Bradley, lock it, close it, erase it I don't care. I will not stand by and let a good friend get bashed by someone who obviously thinks his chit don't stink. Before I stop let me suggest that anyone who cares go and read all of your 80 or so post, then lets make a judgement. I'm sure when you talk about not caring if someone shoot a cop in the face or how you would have to be pulled of a cop if he touches you or your $65 dollar a day drug habit your on a better level than me. You still haven't clarified that your brother made an account. I have read everyone of your post and the attitude follows in everyone. You my frind should find another site to act like a tough guy on. And by the way since you are so much more educated than anyone else on this site I'm 36 going on 37 not 40, so much for all of daddys money buying you some smarts.:rolleyes:

I'm done here:macho