PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Extreme Dirt Track ATV Racing - RD#1 - Twin Creeks - Live ATV Race Coverage

Admin
05-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Greenbrier, AR - The Pros are headed to the line for the start of the Pro ATV Main Event.

frito
05-03-2008, 08:18 PM
who won there heats

pitcrew
05-03-2008, 08:28 PM
fristo was your bike not ready for this weekend??? post something if you hear any results.

frito
05-03-2008, 08:36 PM
didnt get my motor till wed,bill mykey(byrds mechanic) put it together that night,I was going to finish bike yesterday and hea out,but my mom falled down some steps(27) at her house so i spent all day yesterday with her in emergency room,so oh well she comes first there always next time...Im ready though,heard didnt have 20 pro,s, reynolds was rolling in practice.

pitcrew
05-03-2008, 08:44 PM
not even 20 pro's that's bad..thats because he's rode 1000000 laps over the last few months hahahaha...home track advantage. r u going to be at brownstown.. or anywhere next weekend?

frito
05-03-2008, 08:51 PM
i will be at the next one fr sure,and hopefully the rest,This old dog isnt ready to lay down yet,I might go to walnut mx national next weekend.Im trying to call my buddies at greenbrier but nobody.s answering.I like how this says live coverage????

pitcrew
05-03-2008, 09:00 PM
ya live coverage...i tried to call john carlton but no answer. maybe if u were thier u could of had a clean sweep like bellville.hahaha

dfesmire
05-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Mitch Reynolds took the main just ahead of Harold Goodman. Didn't know the 3rd place rider but he way fast, very good rider...came from 6-7th moving in on the 3rd position in the last 2 laps I believe.

Admin
05-03-2008, 09:07 PM
I was suppose to get a call for live Coverage, but the call never came, but here are the results.

Pro Class
1. Mitch Reynolds
2. Harold Goodman
3. Brad Riley

Pro Lites Class:
1. Kendall Webb
2. Harold Goodman
3. Mitch Reynolds

Pro Am Unlimited
1. Kendall Webb
2. Brad Riley
3. Chase Snapp

pitcrew
05-03-2008, 09:09 PM
looks like kendall has that sparks motor dialed in.

frito
05-03-2008, 09:11 PM
dang kendall was on the gas tonight ,Had to run lcq to make main last week at local race and beats 1st and 2nd place pro,s in pro am tonight,damn i wish i was there

pitcrew
05-03-2008, 09:13 PM
have u heard anything from powell or mezo?

djhenson23
05-03-2008, 09:16 PM
hey joe, i bet kendall has put his time in on the track as well

pitcrew
05-03-2008, 09:19 PM
i heard that mitch blew up like 3 baldwin motors getting ready for the national's

djhenson23
05-03-2008, 09:21 PM
damn, i bet he didnt have to pay to much for them though

pitcrew
05-03-2008, 09:23 PM
probally free..have u heard how john did??

djhenson23
05-03-2008, 09:24 PM
yea probably, no they dont have service at the track, they r going to call when they get in service

eldercycle
05-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Anybody have any new news

Admin
05-04-2008, 01:03 AM
EDT ATV Race Results Posted (http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/extreme-dirt-track-atv-racing-2008-01-results.html)

fourfortyfour
05-04-2008, 07:22 AM
We were not able to attend this time....my mother passed away on Friday.

I was watching this and Brock's good friends, the Snapp Brothers went and did awesome!!! They usually do motocross and the Tulsa Shootout and decided to try EDT. I think they liked it....ha. If there is riding or racing....the Snapp Boys will be there.

Way to go Chase and Corey. Colby Jones went in support. Wish we could have seen it. Maybe AVA. Loved seeing Jordan Peck in the first place spot too.

frito
05-04-2008, 08:52 AM
i will be at the next for sure,hopefully top 5,who knows i might finish last,but last weekend i raced with powell and mezo and mgraw and webb, so i know i have the speed,its just that 20 laps,ha ha

pitcrew
05-04-2008, 08:58 AM
u can handle 20 laps...just get out front and leave em. u did pretty good last year at brownstown.

logangsxr998
05-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Does anyone know did Tim Farr run?

frito
05-04-2008, 06:33 PM
nope, he might run a few later,He has his own team through ktm on gncc now and there winning and shane hitt went to work for him.

dfesmire
05-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by logangsxr998
Does anyone know did Tim Farr run?

Tim Farr wasn't there nor was Keith Little. Must have other commitments this year. Mitch Reynolds & Harold Goodman put on a great show just as all the rest of the Pro-Am & Pro's last nite.

AM's done a great job as well.

The Reynolds family done a super job putting on this show..my hat's off to them.

frito
05-04-2008, 06:44 PM
fez you went to a tt race?

dfesmire
05-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by frito
fez you went to a tt race?

Hello Frito...Good to hear from you. This is Derek's Pop. I'm out here working this weekend. How you think FEZ would do on a TT Track?? Dennis Fesmire

honda137
05-04-2008, 07:20 PM
He would do good he needs to get on the tt track. anyway thanks to everyone who came to the race. and baldwin motors are good i havent blown any up got the bike put together on thursday and it runs great.

bstuart
05-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Congrats to Kendall!! I didn't get to see the unlimited race, but in the pro-lites - he jumped out with the holeshot and never looked back. Harold made it look interesting coming out of the split lane, but in reality he never had a chance anywhere else. Kendall was just exploding out of the corners and getting a 4 or 5 length lead in the stretch. Mitch got caught in traffic in the first turn and ended up 7th or 8th. He got around them all by about the 13th or 14th lap, but Kendall and Harold were more than a half-a-lap ahead by then.

Kendall is tough when he gets the holeshot. He makes very few mistakes for a 16 year old. (Maybe he's 17 - I don't remember) I can't wait to see how he does this year. Coming up thru the pack to win is a whole different story, but he's proven to be a pretty fast learner.

Congrats to Mitch - Major league pass on Harold coming out of the bowl and never looked back.

Congrats to all the OMAR racers!!
5 wins
16 podiums
27 top ten

dfesmire
05-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by honda137
He would do good he needs to get on the tt track. anyway thanks to everyone who came to the race. and baldwin motors are good i havent blown any up got the bike put together on thursday and it runs great.

Hi Mitch, Thanks for those kind words....Derek says he' gonna try TT one of these days. You rode super smooth last night. Congratulations on your win. You know, there's an exit on I-40 just West of LL's....Exit 137. You need that sign to add to your trophies. :)

frito
05-04-2008, 08:14 PM
hey dennis, he needs to start racing again, i talked to him the other day.Good job mitch heard you was on the gas,Maybe few weeks i can dice it up with yal, i couldnt come this weekend spent all day friday with my mom in hospital but i will be at next fristoe

pitcrew
05-04-2008, 10:36 PM
im not sayn anything bad about baldwin i just heard from the grapevine the a few were blown up. i know a few people who have had them all with good luck. i thought it was pretty cool to see someone on a suzuki out in the front of the pack all the time and now your back on big red. im a mitch fan see ya at brownstown.

#404's Dad
05-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Off Topic But.............

We found a set of Keys and a Pad Lock on the road leaving the track on Sunday. Contact me if you have any info on who's they might be and we'll get them mailed out ASAP.

Corey

C-LEIGH RACING
05-06-2008, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by pitcrew
not even 20 pro's that's bad..thats because he's rode 1000000 laps over the last few months hahahaha...home track advantage. r u going to be at brownstown.. or anywhere next weekend?

Hummmm, 1000000 laps you say :eek2: & then 3 Baldwin engines blown to add to that somebody says, do tell.
Only time will tell the truth, lets see what he does at the other tracks.

Got to give hats off to the Webb crew, Kendalls got her dialed in looks like this year.
That little Lexi Wrenn, boy pops got that 450 right, only thing though, wish we could put some lead weights in her back pockets, put some weight on that bike :p :D :D.

Anybody know who the guys were that had the crash comming to the race. Heard little about it but not names, just wondering who it was.
Neil

frito
05-06-2008, 09:30 AM
it was brent marler and shawn flint they are from mayfield,ky they ride out of the tmm team(tom miller motorsports) shawn ended up with broke nose and busted ankle and brent punctured lung and a few other things.They lost everything,2 brand new quads never even been raced and a new toy hauler also shawn truck like a 2002 z71.The truck had insurance but nothing else did cause it was pd for.Im thinking od starting a little fund would anyone help? these guys lost everything?

#404's Dad
05-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by frito
it was brent marler and shawn flint they are from mayfield,ky they ride out of the tmm team(tom miller motorsports) shawn ended up with broke nose and busted ankle and brent punctured lung and a few other things.They lost everything,2 brand new quads never even been raced and a new toy hauler also shawn truck like a 2002 z71.The truck had insurance but nothing else did cause it was pd for.Im thinking od starting a little fund would anyone help? these guys lost everything?

I'd help out with what I could and I would also make a post about it on my site *******.net and collect donations for them, not sure what could be raised but anything is better than nothing.

frito
05-06-2008, 11:40 AM
sounds good, lets get it started,anything is better then nothing,They both are great guys and like brent has 4 kids and things are tight anyway for everyone in this economy.Like i said they lost everything.

send to

Fristoe powersports
po box 67
hickory,ky 42051
c/o brent marler and shawn flint

Anything will be appreciated parts,money,anything,they just want to keep racing and now have to build everything from scratch

You do the same on your site.thanks chris fristoe #206

bscill
05-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Frito, I sent you a pm bro

One_Bad_400
05-06-2008, 03:28 PM
what about the guy that thay had to air lift? i dont know is name or what clas is was in but the last i heard is that didnt think he was going to make it?! any updates?

bstuart
05-06-2008, 05:48 PM
I don't think they ended up air lifting him. Once the chopper landed, they were working with him in the ambulance that picked him up for about 20 minutes. Then they took him out of that ambulance and put him in the 2nd ambulance. I went back to the track about five minutes later and shortly after the chopper flew off. I suppose they could have moved him again into the helecopter, but I doubt it. After the races when we were picking up plaques, they anounced something about a tracheotomy and that "he'll be all-right". I assumed they were talking about that guy. I don't have a name, but I do know that he was a local that had raced there before.

Bill

palot
05-06-2008, 07:20 PM
I copy and pasted this from the Arkansas ATV talk web site.....

If you were at the nationals yesterday, you know that a rider was air lifted from the track to a Little Rock hospital.
Steven came over the big jump in the option lane off balance, and when he landed his head dropped down, and his throat hit the crossbar on the quads handlebars.
His adams apple was crushed, and pushed to the back of his throat.
My brother Les talked to Steven's wife Jenny earlier today and told him that they had to do a treacheotomy, and they put a feeding tube in earlier today.
He cannot talk, he has to write everything down. The doctor said that they will do surgery on Wednesday morning to try to repair the adams apple.
They are not sure on his prognosis as of now.
Worst case scenario is that he may not be able to talk again, with a permanent treach tube, and a feeding tube.
Best case scenario is that he will make a full recovery.
He and Jenny are in the process of moving into a new trailer. It needs to be leveled, and they were supposed to start moving their stuff in the near future.
Les told her not to worry aboyt that right now, and to take care of Steven.
Steven also had some bills that are coming up, so we need to band together as fans, racers, and supporters, to Help Steven and Jenny out.
I will keep updates coming as i get them.
Please keep Steven and his family in your prayers.

Thanks everyone!

ccmuscle22
05-07-2008, 12:26 AM
A big congrats to Mitch. I know first hand Mitch spent a lot of time with off season training and really worked hard. His dedication is going to pay off this year.

Good talking to you today Mitch. I'll call you tomorrow.

Christian
TEAM MXN MotoX Nutrition
www.motoxnutrition.com

palot
05-07-2008, 07:09 AM
another update on Steven Sanson........

Steven underwent emergency surgery yesterday afternoon.
My brother was down there when he came out of surgery.
The doctors had to put a steel plate in his throat, and do some reconstruction on his adams apple.
The good news is that Steven was able to talk very faintly. The doctors took his treach tube out, and they said he may be able to go home, maybe as soon as this weekend.
He is still having trouble swallowing, so he still has his feeding tube in. Thank god it looks like he is going to pull through just fine.
Thank You everyone for keeping Steven and his family in your prayers.
And I would also like to thank Paige for the message she left, and if anything else is needed, I will post it here.
There is DEFINETELY something to be said for the power of prayer!
Again, thanks to everyone for their concerns for Steven and his family.
I will post further updates as I get them.

bstuart
05-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Glad to hear the good news. SFR wishes Steven a complete and speedy recovery.

One_Bad_400
05-11-2008, 07:43 PM
there gonna be any pictures put up from this race?

dvxxx400
05-19-2008, 04:01 PM
"THE TRUTH"

Mitch had a total of 60 laps Max on the track in 2008 before the National. (one ARQA race & one Lucas EDT race)

Mitch Ran no laps on the track for at least a month before the National .

Mitch Blew-Up No Motors, He didn't recieve his motor from Baldwin until Friday Morning, Seven hours before he went out for Pro Practice.

Mitch Trains Very Hard and Deserves Every Win He Gets!

frito
05-19-2008, 04:31 PM
what about him and webb riding the whole week before national on the track,does that not count????

dvxxx400
05-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Mitch held a riding school for a couple of days, and it was not the week of the national because i was there working at the track. As a matter of fact it was the first week in April a few days before the first round of the Lucas Oil Series. Also at that time Mitch did not even own a TT quad and bought a used one the day before that race because he didn't have all the parts to finish his. I have no reason to Lie to anybody, But i can tell you straight out, Nobody..... not even Terry put a tire on that track the entire week before the National. We never even started prepping the track until Friday morning.

C-LEIGH RACING
05-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by dvxxx400
Mitch held a riding school for a couple of days, and it was not the week of the national because i was there working at the track. As a matter of fact it was the first week in April a few days before the first round of the Lucas Oil Series. Also at that time Mitch did not even own a TT quad and bought a used one the day before that race because he didn't have all the parts to finish his. I have no reason to Lie to anybody, But i can tell you straight out, Nobody..... not even Terry put a tire on that track the entire week before the National. We never even started prepping the track until Friday morning.

:D I can beleave the track preping part, seen that with my own eyes.
Sure would have been nice though if that guy would have smoothed out the pit area behind the pro trailers like he said he was :p :p course I can understand him being busy though :cool: .
Neil

bstuart
05-22-2008, 08:45 AM
I think you guys will like the changes at OMAR in Ava. Roy has put alot of work into changing the track up and building a tower on the opposite side of the track from the old one. The track is a little faster and no more "cross-over" off the start.

See you in about a week.

zracer16
05-27-2008, 02:28 PM
I cant believe there are still no pictures posted on this site from this race. What the he@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are tons of pictures posted from the MX and GNCC races. This is total BS, why don't us TT racers get any respect.

bstuart
05-29-2008, 08:20 AM
Yeah - What he said :mad:

One_Bad_400
05-29-2008, 09:29 AM
I made a thread about it if ya'll would like to see their explanation...

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=352280

Pappy
05-29-2008, 09:44 AM
I sure hope everyone here never has an issue...you are pretty shallow:p

I found out that there was indeed a technical issue that lead to there being no photos for us to post.

I booked a flight for the Admin to cover round 2 personally, who cares if his wife goes into labor and he misses his childs birth, we will get your photos for round 2. I expect so many photo orders that he can put his new kid through college. The photos from round 1 will be obtained while he is at round 2 and they will be posted.

And for anyone who hasnt supported our efforts beyond crying a river, either show some support or find a new place to view the coverage.

Pappy
05-31-2008, 05:32 PM
For the record, he missed the birth of his son today while covering the race

fosterracing
06-01-2008, 11:54 AM
anyone heard anything about mezo?

frito
06-01-2008, 12:00 PM
talked to powell this morning,he said they had the blood on brain stopped,but he had like 3 broke ribs,and a partially collapsed lung and bruised up.They where waiting on a cat scan and they might let him go ahead and come home today.He said that mezo said he must of had his foot caught in the nerf bar,because the bike rolled like 3 times and mez never came off,but he,s in good spirits,just be sore for a while.

fosterracing
06-01-2008, 12:02 PM
thanks i'll be thinking about him

86atc250r
06-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Great to hear his condition is improving!

#404's Dad
06-01-2008, 11:40 PM
That was the worst ATV wreck I have ever seen!! So very glad everyone came out as good as they did, I for sure thought it was gonna be a worse result.

iceracer65
06-02-2008, 07:50 AM
good to hear too!!

he's one of my closest friends at the races, weird that he had a bad head injury similar to mine.

he is in my thoughts!:cool:

DJWTigersFan
06-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Kudos to Roy, Loni and the entire staff at Ozark Mtn ATV Raceway.
One of the best, if not the best ever run EDT Nationals. All of the heats and Mains for the amateur racers were finished by 4:30 even with two rain delays and having to roll the track in. When you put your racers first, and are not so worried about how much money you can make as a promoter, it will more than pay off in the long run for both the racers and the promoter!!
Congratulations Ozark Mountain Raceway on a job WELL DONE!!

Also, Congratulations to Harlen on the birth of your son!! Thanks for being at the race and please don't let the negative barkers get you down!! The majority of us appreciate the work you do to help promote ATV racing!! Thanks Harlen!!!!

schl48
06-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks Harlen!!!!

schl48
06-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks Harlen!!!!

dirttrack86
06-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Yes, A big THANKS should be given to Harlen for even being at the track this past weekend. His wife was at the hospital giving birth to his new child while Harlen was at the track taking pics, covering the action and eating dust. That is dedication my friend.:)

#404's Dad
07-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Not much goign on in this EDT forum it seems, also we can't start topics either which isn't helping to keep it rolling.

Confused