PDA

View Full Version : how to decide between side by side and 4 wheeler

mgh
05-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Hi All,

I have not been in a Rhino yet, but they sure look fun.

What are the pros and cons between buying a Rhino or something like the Quad King 450?

Things that one can do that the other can't, or are they two different to compare?

Thanks for any advice.

mittman
05-06-2008, 10:32 AM
i'm tired right now but i will try to come up with as many as i can think of

rhino can work around the house, haul stuff, great for hunting fishing ect, mudding, two people can ride an be relaxed when riding in it, can do lots of mods such as wheels, exhust, shocks ,radio(my boss did sirius in his rhino) ect. rhino is bigger than a quad, some states can be drivin on the road but no more than 10miles from your home( not 100% sure on that statement) more $, need to have a bigger place to store it.

quad can work around the house, cant haul stuff, still good for hunting but cant haul as much, mudding, two people can ride but not as relaxed as in a rhino, still can do lots of mods, quad is smaller than rhino, not sure if it can be drivin on the road leagaly(some states may be different) less than rhino, dont need to have a big place to keep it.

we have a honda forman and a rhino and i would rather drive the rhino than the forman but thats my opinion. thats all i can think of. i will figure out more later.

ATV Macho Man
06-03-2008, 11:06 PM
The Rhino is the hot toy right now. ATVs are great, but if you want to ride with 2 people, a UTV is the way to go. Plus, they are pretty stout and are ready for work or play. There are also many aftermarket parts available for Rhinos now.

Stock Rhino will fit in the back of a full-size pick-up truck.

beaker1214
06-05-2008, 03:08 PM
yeah I have a 400ex and a rhino and honestly I find my self taking the rhino out more then I do the 400 for many reasons, I like the fact I can ride the rhino all day comfortably w friends and at the end of the day im still clean, even though the rhino will be covered w mud haha. But I have riden atv's my whole life and I think I just like the change of riding. But the options are just about endless as far as the aftermarket stuff goes.

trxridr
06-06-2008, 08:29 AM
i have a 400ex and i even find myself taking our rhino out for joyrides. i love ripping trough our feilds and mudding, my buddie that has a utility quad loved our rhino, its really a do any thing vehicle except very tight trais because it wears you out if you keep on having to slow down for trees or making several point turns, thats when trail blazing is nice, this is all on my property

humboldt hills
06-10-2008, 05:53 PM
The only advantage I can come up with on a ATV is;
If you are carry a hot chic as a passenger and you slam on the brakes, The atv has a better feeling on your back...lol
But I still chose the Rhino.
Had mine for 3 years. Lov it like a family member.
We also have 3 quads, 3 bikes and ride all kinds of stuff.
The rhino deffinatley gets the most use.

mittman
06-10-2008, 09:54 PM
i found another reason that the rhino is better than atv when you get stuck and are waiting for someone you can use the wide bed to stand in my dad said he could make it haha he was wrong lol

ATV Macho Man
06-15-2008, 04:57 PM
http://atv.off-road.com/atv/data/articlestandard/atv/472007/474399/1058.jpg

Hi mgh,

I came across this 2008 Yamaha Rhino review that might help you seal the deal:

2008 Yamaha Rhino Review (http://atv.off-road.com/atv/Yamaha+ATV+Reviews/Article/detail/474399?contextCategoryId=23494?orsrcfath=atvr)