PDA

View Full Version : New Clutch Lever/cable Help please

badk1dizsik
05-02-2008, 05:43 PM
I have a 2002 416ex...I'm pretty new to quads and doing any work on them, so please bare with me. Anyways my clutch lever was getting really stiff to pull back, so I got a new pro motion clutch cable. While I was at it I went ahead and got a new black easy pull clutch lever and did away with the emergancy brake. I think I finally have it adjusted correct but I have a little black box hanging down with two electrical things that hook into it. It also has a button on it. LOL i think it has something to do with the starter I dont really have a clue. Can someone tell me what that is and what is the best way to hide that so it doesn't dangle down.

Thank You

badk1dizsik
05-02-2008, 09:24 PM
ok still dont no what it is but... it splits off from the main wiring that runs to the electric starter button/light switches and before i put the new easy pull clutch lever on it used to sit in the clutch backside of the clutch perch. Can anyone please tell me what this thing is and do they have anything to buy to hide this or do i just need to try and tape it up???

400ex28
05-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Just cut it off and just tie the two wires together. the button is so that you have to have the clutch lever pulled in for it to start if i remeber right and wiring the wires together just eliminates it.

badk1dizsik
05-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Even if it just dangles there and I dont push the button in it will still start up. I just want it out of the way and you can really tape that black box up and make it look good. So it should work if I just cut them and twist them up togather and use electrical tape?

400ex28
05-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Yup thats what I did.