PDA

View Full Version : Precision Racing Steering Stabilizer

250r4life
05-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Anybody have experience with one in the sand?

i've been trying to read up on them, and there are reviews for mx and things of that nature, but nothing about at the dunes...

looking for something that will lessen the fatigue in rutted sand during the busy weekends...

JSmall
05-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Up until this point I have ridden sand exclusively. I put a precision on my LTR and it made an amazing difference. I have shoulder problems and it helped with that. I'm in the process of building a YFZ and the precision will be one of my first purchases.

250r4life
05-06-2008, 05:52 PM
i know now when i come down from a bowl and cross a bunch of ruts, i have to grip the bars as tight as i can to keep them steady- is this the type of stuff the stabilizer will help with?

JSmall
05-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Exactly what it helps with:cool: If I could only put one thing on my quad, it would be a precision.

Dunesurfer
06-04-2008, 12:42 PM
I use one at Glamis about 60 days a year. It really helps in the chop and ruts. The thing I like about it is you don't notice it while your riding, but if you ride a quad without it you can feel every bump. The other thing I like is you can tighten it up when the conditions are really rough, like holiday weekends or a few days after a rain when it is chopped to s*it. Highly recomended. You might also check out the new elka stabilizers

250r4life
06-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Dunesurfer
I use one at Glamis about 60 days a year. It really helps in the chop and ruts. The thing I like about it is you don't notice it while your riding, but if you ride a quad without it you can feel every bump. The other thing I like is you can tighten it up when the conditions are really rough, like holiday weekends or a few days after a rain when it is chopped to s*it. Highly recomended. You might also check out the new elka stabilizers

thanks for the input.

i went ahead and bought a precision... now i need to mount it and the weather to cool down... october can never come soon enough

06-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by JSmall
Exactly what it helps with:cool: If I could only put one thing on my quad, it would be a precision.

Exactly what he says. I ride with a lot more confidence and comfort now that I've got one. Easy to put on too!