PDA

View Full Version : liscense points in pa

Honda TRX250ex
05-02-2008, 04:08 PM
anyone know how long it takes to get points off your liscense in pa?

dpizz450
05-02-2008, 04:15 PM
I have a better question for you. Did you put ANY effort at all into doing any research on this yourself? I know you didn't. Come on man, don't be so lazy. I got on google and found this within 20 SECONDS. Yes, TWENTY SECONDS. You could have found your answer faster then you could have made this thread.

The Driver and Vehicle Services portion of the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) maintains a driving record for every licensed driver in Pennsylvania. Points are added to the driving record (associated with your driver's license) when the driver is found guilty of certain driving (moving) violations.

The purpose of the PA point system is to help improve driving habits and ensure safe driving. PennDOT begins to take corrective actions when a person's driving record reaches 6 or more points. When a person's record reaches 6 points for the first time they will be required to attend an approved driver improvement school. Upon completing the school, 2 points will be removed from the person's record.

PennDOT also allow points to be removed from your driving record for safe driving. You can get 3 points removed from your driving history for every 12 consecutive months (from the date of the last violation) you go without a violation, which results in points, license suspension or revocation.

Once a driving record is reduced to zero and remains at zero points for 12 consecutive months, any further accumulation of points is treated as the first accumulation of points.

So if you wait for points to be removed due to safe driving it will take at least 12 months for the points to be removed. You might want to check with PennDOT to see if you can attend a traffic school or driver improvement course with only 2 points to get them removed from your driving history now.

Honda TRX250ex
05-02-2008, 04:21 PM
thanks buddy ol pal