PDA

View Full Version : What I do?

2000SPORT
11-26-2002, 08:13 PM
Just wondering, I didn't think my 300ex was supposed to start in reverse. Mine does, I killed it the other day and it fired back up n reverse. I tried it again and again. It starts every time. I'm glad it does, I don't have to take it out of reverse to start it. Just wondering why it starts.

ZSK
11-27-2002, 07:14 PM
I know the 300's start up in any gear as long as the clutch is pulled in but they're not supposed to start in reverse. I have no clue why yours does. Maybe a short in the electrical system somewhere, or the bike doesn't know that it's in reverse.
I noticed you have a 14 tooth counter shaft sprocket. How much top speed did it give you and did you try it before you got the pipe? I'm thinking about more speed but I don't know if my stock engine (plus a K&N filter) is enough to pull it. Thanks

Honda99_300ex
11-30-2002, 04:20 PM
thats pretty weird...............

2000SPORT
12-01-2002, 07:09 PM
I probably gained about 2 mph with the sprocket alone. The bike didn't seem to rap all the way out with the new sprocket. I added the pipe plus a k&n filter and jet kit, and it made a huge difference. It livened the bike up all the way through the powerband. I'd say with the pipe, filter, rejet + the sprocket I gained about 5mph total, probably about 61 mph. The pipe and airfilter, probably added about 3mph.

chavez
12-01-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by 2000SPORT
Just wondering, I didn't think my 300ex was supposed to start in reverse. Mine does, I killed it the other day and it fired back up n reverse. I tried it again and again. It starts every time. I'm glad it does, I don't have to take it out of reverse to start it. Just wondering why it starts.
it was along time ago but when i had my 300's i wired them to start without even pulling the clutch in. cant remember what wires it was but it too would start in reverse

SGA
12-02-2002, 06:29 AM
Prob a switch out of adjustment. Most People that really ride like it like that any way. Let it rip.