PDA

View Full Version : Question about 300ex jetting Very important!! Please Help!!!

11-07-2001, 01:14 PM
I have a 2000 300ex with a k&n airfilter with prefilter and the full system e-series pipe. Should I get a jet kit. It runs really good and has a lot of power but should I get one. How can I tell if its too lean? What will happen if I don't get a jet kit? Please help me!! I have to know!!!

papaw
11-07-2001, 02:15 PM
you dont have to buy a kit,just go to a local shop and buy some mains.you can move the needle for nothing but as far as what mains to buy maybe some one with a 300ex w/ similar mods can help you out with a ballpark main so you dont have to buy so many......

trueblue450
11-07-2001, 03:21 PM
I belive they tell you the jets needed in the instructions. yeah just go to the shop and tell them to do it if you don't want to. My friend got a K&N and A full FMF exaughst and didn't jet it cuz he thought it ran fine. Then he got it jetted and even noticed more diff. So I'd get it jetted.

DEAL
11-07-2001, 03:49 PM
A jet kit is expensive but it saves alot of time.

stevengates45
11-07-2001, 07:03 PM
I wouldnt get a jet kit. Buy straight jets. I ran a 130 in my carb when it was stock. To tell if its too lean take out the spark plug after you ran it hard for a while. If its white, its too lean, if its jet black its too fat & if its sortof a light choclate brown its just right.