PDA

View Full Version : Is it...

atvmaster0927
05-01-2008, 06:34 PM
Is it easyier to wheelie with bigger tires? I mean i have 18's now and its easy to keep up once i find my balance point but since i have have smaller tires, my ballance point is further back, correct?
I can wheelie for a while, but im just wondering if it is easyier to wheelie with bigger tires?
If yes, whitch tires/sizes should i get?

burnthesnikle
05-01-2008, 06:37 PM
lol

any tires will work...i'm sure there is a difference but if you can wheelie you can wheelie

atvmaster0927
05-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by burnthesnikle
lol

any tires will work...i'm sure there is a difference but if you can wheelie you can wheelie

lol i know but i heard that bigger tires make it easyier to wheelie...

trx400EXtreme
05-01-2008, 06:48 PM
my guess would be that smaller tires would make it easier because they give you more tourque so you can get the front end up easier.

05-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
my guess would be that smaller tires would make it easier because they give you more tourque so you can get the front end up easier.

I agree

NacsMXer
05-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme

Ditto...but the smaller tires make it rev out a lot quicker (assuming same gearing) than a taller tire. So you would have to get to the balance point quicker before you redline it, but that's really not much of an issue if you're any good at wheelying......i'm mediocre at best lol, I don't practice them enough :p

Basically a 18" tire will have a lot more "torque" via the increase in gearing leverage.....it's like running lower gearing.

A 22" tire for instance will not have the same amount of gearing leverage and will have a harder time getting the front end up.