PDA

View Full Version : Best TRX250R Motor Guru?

ERBE
05-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Looking for someone that knows these 250R motors inside and out ?? Like Dr Q is to the LT250/500Quadracers

All250R
05-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Me. Kidding! I am considering planting a new dyno in my shop this year though but I don't want to hang that shingle out until I've got more data on my work and the parts I like. I think Neil on here (cleigh) has a spotless reputation. patriot racing (dan wade) has been around the R for a long time too. My closest contact in the business latey has been Jerry Hall (Hall's Precision Performance Products) in Phoenix Az. The man has years and years of experience building 2strokes and a lot of tight data sheets on different R builds. I'm sure there are more builders that will give you excellent results, but these are the guys that come to my mind first.

Buttermilk
05-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Nate McCoy of McCoys Performance does excellent work. He's a friend of mine who is out in California.

Builds some of the fastest Banshees and 250R based machines in the country.

He's an excellent person to deal with and will treat you right.

530-476-2222 (shop)

www.mccoysperformance.com (website is under construction, currently)

Regards,

Rog

atvmxr
05-01-2008, 08:00 PM
well doc knows how to make them run and how to recognize/trouble shoot mistakes on a rebuild. Not sure about the later, but Neil (C-leigh) can make a R run and 86QuadR is usually helpfull of trouble shooting. Neil dont take that the wrong way, it was supposed to be a compliment, i just dont see you jumping in to trouble shooting that much ;)

if this relates to bean86 question, I sent him a PM with this site and the couple of people I ran across that know their stuff. Mitch I'll foward you that PM if you want....

RK is one of a kind though, he made a zuki fan out of this long time Honda rider :D

Iliketogofast
05-02-2008, 01:06 PM
On this forum for troubleshooting, IMO Wilkin250R or GPRacer are your guys.

As for somebody who runs a shop that you could send your motor to Neil at C-Leigh is probably the way to go.

Teufel
05-03-2008, 06:58 PM
MAC Dizzy the most informative 2 stroke (especially 250R) site on the web......it used to be a free site but is noy a pay membership

86 Quad R
05-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ERBE
Looking for someone that knows these 250R motors inside and out ?? Like Dr Q is to the LT250/500Quadracers

and what is it that your looking for? there are alot of people here on this site that are knowledgable.

my88r
05-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by atvmxr
Neil dont take that the wrong way, it was supposed to be a compliment, i just dont see you jumping in to trouble shooting that much ;)

i see neil getting involed with trouble shooting alot.:huh

my88r
05-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by ERBE

TONY KELLNER

ERBE
05-05-2008, 03:32 PM
A reliable strong running Play Glamis Dunner / Shredder

86 Quad R
05-05-2008, 03:44 PM
are you looking for someone to send a engine to and have built or to send a cylinder to to get ported, bored and fitted?

either way, i reccommend neil. i can vouch for his work and compared to the other portings i've ran. his is the best.

cdrookie
05-05-2008, 06:13 PM
definately c-leigh, fast turn around and pretty cheap compared to the big shops

two85atc250r's
05-05-2008, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by atvmxr
[ Neil dont take that the wrong way, it was supposed to be a compliment, i just dont see you jumping in to trouble shooting that much ;)

I have actually gotten alot of help from Neil troubleshooting on my first rebuild. I didn't know the guy ran his own shop but definantely have some more respect for the guy now for taking time to talk to the little guys. 86QuadR has alot of of technical knowledge about the 250R as well. I knew practically nothing when I started and now I almost have the thing back together. Aceman is another who's been a big help. I think you would be hardpressed to find guys with more knowledge about the 250R anywhere else. I wouldn't be afraid to do anything to my motor now, knowing I have these guys help. You are definately in the right place if you're looking for 250R "gurus".

C-LEIGH RACING
05-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
and what is it that your looking for? there are alot of people here on this site that are knowledgable.

I was just before posting the same thing, but see you have explained that.

Reguardless of who you get to do the work, remember, most any good builder can do the modding, but each have their trends to port one sort of way.
Like if the porter does mostly drag engines & thats what hes done over the years, even if he does a bottom end port job it will have drag like effects.
I'm not throwing off on any builder, how they do their work, but thats just how it is.

For what your wanting from the engine build, I could see it being set up with drag type porting, but, you need to be a real good rider to handle it cause ported right, when that bad boy jumps on the pipe that rear grab bars gona be looking for some dirt to scrub on.

Neil