PDA

View Full Version : Heat Resistance on Radiator Hoses

havinnoj
05-01-2008, 09:13 AM
If the hoses are touching or very near touching to the pipe -- will it melt? I heard a couple people saying they haven't had problems with that, but I'm not convinced yet.

chris46250r
05-01-2008, 11:29 AM
I had some real close with no problems but I dont think I would want any touching.

D Bergstrom
05-01-2008, 12:23 PM
The hose that runs from the water pump to the top of the cylinder rests right against my CT Racing pipe since the day I bought my R. No matter what I do, I can not get the pipe off of it. Finally just said forget it. It has been like that for almost three years and not a problem.

Doug

havinnoj
05-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by D Bergstrom
The hose that runs from the water pump to the top of the cylinder rests right against my CT Racing pipe since the day I bought my R. No matter what I do, I can not get the pipe off of it. Finally just said forget it. It has been like that for almost three years and not a problem.

Doug

That's what I was looking for. Is there any deformation on the hose or material on the pipe?

I could always try braided hose over the line...

Aceman
05-01-2008, 04:12 PM
I know your R is practically a show bike Havinnoj, but what about using a radiator hose protector of some sort to keep it from rubbing? I used another piece of radiator hose split down the middle to wrap mine and then zip tied it back together. This may be too "tacky" though for your R.

my88r
05-01-2008, 04:21 PM
exhaust wrap or heat tape should help. my type 6 rests against it to.:(

D Bergstrom
05-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by havinnoj
Is there any deformation on the hose or material on the pipe?

Nope, just had everything apart for a rebuild a month or so ago. Everything looked like it did three years ago.

Doug

havinnoj
05-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
I know your R is practically a show bike Havinnoj, but what about using a radiator hose protector of some sort to keep it from rubbing? I used another piece of radiator hose split down the middle to wrap mine and then zip tied it back together. This may be too "tacky" though for your R.

I do like things to look real clean and pretty, but get ridden as fast as it looks :devil:

exhaust wrap or heat tape should help. my type 6 rests against it to.

Where did you get it?

my88r
05-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by havinnoj

Where did you get it?

Any auto parts store. the heat tape has a chrome look. so it should look nice.

RichM1983
05-02-2008, 08:00 PM
I think you have already got an answer but I'll throw my .2 cents in. I have an LRD adjustable pipe on my R and it touches both of the rad hoses. I was told to wrap the stock radiator hoses with some hoses that have been split. I did that and haven't had a problem with either hose. The rad hose I used to wrap around the stock ones have not been melted yet and I've put a lot of hours on mine with the engine getting pretty hot. So you should be safe without them being wrapped with other hose. I'm actually going to take mine off because its not necessary.