PDA

View Full Version : 700xx pictures riding it

JOEBERNAL
05-01-2008, 02:01 AM
Honda called out of no where, thought it was my friends pulling of a good joke. Invited me out to dumont to try out quad. Rode the bike all day like if it was my own bike, they never told me to slow down or take to it easy, they only ask for me not to break it, whatever that means? Here are a few pictures that honda sent me..... theres also a new video if you want to check it www.hrca.honda.com click on the 700xx video. let me know what you think? thanks Joe

JOEBERNAL
05-01-2008, 02:24 AM
jumping

01exrider 281
05-01-2008, 07:40 PM
to start that is awsome they called you. so congrats. and now I have to ask what did you think of it?

05-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Wow man you are really lucky I wish I got to do that kind of stuff and you just gave me a whole new outlook on that bike I would like to pick one up in a year or 2 for trails because it looks like the perfect trail quad but can still go fast on it. How is the bottom end for tight trails?

Honda 700xx
05-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Got my 700xx its the best quad ive ever riden !!!

05-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Dude give me some feedback how is it on tight trails and how is the suspension? I really want to get one in a year or 2 because it seems like the perfect trail but fast quad for me. Besides my race quad lol.

JOEBERNAL
05-02-2008, 10:45 PM
The bike feels about the same or equal size as a trx450, it doesn't sit high like a raptor700. the bottom end power is not as quick as a trx 450 im guessing because of the weight 500 pounds. mid and top end are really good once the bike gets going it gets going. when i got home i pop on my 450 bottom end felt fast but mid and top end felt slow compared to the 700xx. taking tight turns on it is a bit tricky at first because of the IRS but after riding it a few times you get used to it. Im use to having a strait axle racing motocross and baja so im use to sliding out of turns, with the IRS took me a bit to start sliding on turns because if you make sharp turns the rear shock your putting weight on compresses then it kicks you out. So you have to practice your turns in order to make good sharp turns. Having two shocks on the rear really help out when you take a jump. The landing feels like an after market shock(ELKA,AXIS). The suspension on the bike was really good, i was pinning it on all the woop sections and i was impressed that i was able to do that on a stock bike, the only thong i didnt like was that i lost the seat a few times? this is one of the few bikes that I would be comfortable leaving it stock and riding it hard, dude its a honda reliable bike.. thanks, joe

JOEBERNAL
05-02-2008, 11:05 PM
www.atvriders.com
www.hrca.honda.com
www.motorcycleusa.com

on www.motorcycleusa.com they got a good footage of me popping a good wheelie im glad you couldn't see my face haha!!

blbraptor
05-06-2008, 09:25 AM
I got mine last week too. Broke her in pretty hard right off the bat in the mountains. First and second gear are great in the trails, first is pretty "short". Third gear could be ideal for the faster portions of the trails, but this machine does not like to be lugged down. It bogs down really bad in third if you lug it down, and it wont pull out of it. If something could be done to cure this, it would be just about perfect for trail riding. I will say that the more I rode it, the more I liked it. It really likes to be ridden hard, so that's what I did by the second day! I'm very happy with it overall.

troybilt
05-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by blbraptor
I got mine last week too. Broke her in pretty hard right off the bat in the mountains. First and second gear are great in the trails, first is pretty "short". Third gear could be ideal for the faster portions of the trails, but this machine does not like to be lugged down. It bogs down really bad in third if you lug it down, and it wont pull out of it. If something could be done to cure this, it would be just about perfect for trail riding. I will say that the more I rode it, the more I liked it. It really likes to be ridden hard, so that's what I did by the second day! I'm very happy with it overall.

congratulations blraptor...:macho what's the top end like? Would you recommend it for an occasional dune trip? I was thinking I know the rear has 11" wheels, probably for optimal rear suspension parameters, but could 10" wheels fit with a wider offset to clear the aarms through the travel? So someone could get a set of paddles on her? Width isn't an issue for me.

blbraptor
05-07-2008, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
congratulations blraptor...:macho what's the top end like? Would you recommend it for an occasional dune trip? I was thinking I know the rear has 11" wheels, probably for optimal rear suspension parameters, but could 10" wheels fit with a wider offset to clear the aarms through the travel? So someone could get a set of paddles on her? Width isn't an issue for me.

I think it would do ok in the dunes, but I wouldn't buy one if that is where I rode most of the time. Occasionaly? You bet. The top end is limitless, at least in fifth. It pulls real nice thru 3rd and 4th, but like I said, you have to really stay on the throttle hard and not lug it or it will bog down. Some of that will probably go away as the machine gets broken in, so I don't want to make a big deal out of it yet. I felt like the bogging issue was a little better on the second day I rode it. I put about 6-7 hours on it so far. I don't think that there is any way that you could get 10" rims to work on it. I'm definitely not positive of that, but I doubt it.

reconranger
05-07-2008, 06:53 PM
This engine is over square and has a little slipper piston (same idea as the 450's), so no way is this thing ever going to lug down! Slow more technical riding will have to be done with a lot of clutch slipping...just like a 450 or 2-stroke.

It would be typical Honda if for liability reasons, they detuned this thing on the bottom end so that nobody is going to wheelie it out from under themselves.......

twisted threads
05-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by reconranger
This engine is over square and has a little slipper piston (same idea as the 450's), so no way is this thing ever going to lug down! Slow more technical riding will have to be done with a lot of clutch slipping...just like a 450 or 2-stroke.

It would be typical Honda if for liability reasons, they detuned this thing on the bottom end so that nobody is going to wheelie it out from under themselves.......

I agree!! typical Honda....Choked UP! With a little help this quad is going to be FUN! :D