PDA

View Full Version : hub or axle?

fmftrx300ex
04-30-2008, 09:40 PM
my wheels wooble on my axle and its pretty bad what wil wear out first my hubs or my axle? if its my hubs and my axle is still goo i say extended hubs tht ad like 1 1/2 to both sides. is tht safe with a stock axle or am i just asking for problems i ride fast on extrealy rough terran, basicly gncc maybe a lil faster tho =p

John451
05-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Most 300's do that. Id hafta say if any the hub might go. But you can just tighten the crown nut and put a new pin in. The stock axle is actually pretty strong so i'd say it should hold the hubs, just no jumping 10 busses or anything.

fmftrx300ex
05-02-2008, 02:19 PM
well i tightened them and they just got a lil movement forward and back nomore woble. bout thos extended hubs tho...lol

John451
05-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Hmm, yeah, people think those suck but idk, it still widens it, the axle's still strong enough to hold it. People way underestimate the stock axle, honda built it so it's really hard to bend. I mean legnth was part of it, but stock axle really can take a beating and the hubs wouldn't take too much stregnth, especially since its addidng under 2" I mean it would be affected alot if it was like +10 on each side.

05-03-2008, 05:38 PM
On my 400ex with +1.5 spacers I broke the axle. I jumped a lot but the axle went when I only got 2ft of air landing flat. It broke where the hub connects to the axle. Longer hunds are the same thing as aluminum spacers and I find it a wast of money because spacers are just as strong if not stronger. I would trust the steel spacers with the stock steel hubs over aluminum hub/spacer.

John451
05-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by bajaracer21
On my 400ex with +1.5 spacers I broke the axle. I jumped a lot but the axle went when I only got 2ft of air landing flat. It broke where the hub connects to the axle. Longer hunds are the same thing as aluminum spacers and I find it a wast of money because spacers are just as strong if not stronger. I would trust the steel spacers with the stock steel hubs over aluminum hub/spacer.

Yeah, and with the hubs, that's kinda getting into the price range for a bigger axle.

05-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by John451
Yeah, and with the hubs, that's kinda getting into the price range for a bigger axle.

Ya. On here most people sell their used lonestar axles for only $175.