PDA

View Full Version : Wpsa Done

mxdad789
04-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Talked to our local track at 600 pm and they had just been informed their will be no races. The track being south fork dirt riders. What a shame we were looking forward to the race.

Logan #34's Dad
04-30-2008, 07:54 PM
More for the ATVA! Bring'em on. Remember, WE cannot allow the ATVA to step back to where they used to be. I'm not completely aware of the prior issues people were having that spawned the WPSA but from listening to others at the track things are much improved in the ATVA. Now that the competition is gone WE need to keep the ATVA in check. IMO

mxdad789
04-30-2008, 10:30 PM
its on their website now www.southforkdirtriders.com then go to SFDR news.

bowtiedmax
04-30-2008, 11:18 PM
I fully agree with not letting them fall back to there old ways. It is surely possible that they will get into a "bighead" mode.
We do not want them to treat us like dirt. We have to remind them that they need us as much as we need them.
Man I sure am glad we went to the last race. It helped us in one class but with us just slapping things together the night before we kinda had some motor issues with the other quad. So we have some catching up in points to do. I quess we can only do the best we can.
Atleast the next race will be alot nicer on the MPG. Nice level ground all the way there!!

Here is the quote on Taylorville web site about the WPSA race:

4-30-08 I just got off the phone with scott O’mally of the wpsa atv national and our fears of a cancellation of the series has been confirmed. Due to appearent expenses incurred during the first season, they cannot at this time continue. This does not mean we may not see a reorganized series in the future. I will miss the excitement of being apart of an ATV National and hope South Fork Dirt Riders can host an event for you in the future.

f

tireman43
05-01-2008, 03:35 PM
So does anyone have an "official" word on this? I have been hearing all sorts of things. One week they are done and not running the series and the next they are in negotiations of a buy out and something may get done. If this is not official I would hold off on the whole "WPSA is done" thing.

If it is done then I hope next season the ATVA realizes the market and spreads out a little more. Just my .02 cents...

Kevin

Logan #34's Dad
05-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Well, It's Official. A statement has been sent out to the press. The statement is on the home page of atvriders.
Just curious, those of you that ran WPSA, what made that series better than ATVA?
One thing I noticed is that they had races further away from the east coast.
What if - the ATVA added some of those venues BUT only counted say a total of ten races for points. Say a complete total of 12 - 14 races but only 10 would count. I believe the arena-cross series is trying this now. You pick your 10 best finishes for points totals. If there is a tie - go to head to head match-ups.(with there only being 12 -14 races you will have to race each other multiple times) Just a thought - I think this would allow more "inland" racers an opportunity to fight for a title and not lose out because they could not make a 15-20 hrs drive.
What do you guys think?

mxdad789
05-02-2008, 12:00 AM
tireman43 is the "done thing" ok by you yet. Its offiicial. I feel bad for the ones waiting for just this series. Gnc is to far going to catch up.

LT80
05-02-2008, 06:09 AM
"what made that series better than ATVA?"
Friendly ppl that welcome you.
They listened to the racer with true intent on making things better.
Consistant rules.
8 races instaed of a rediculous 12.
ESPN, altho it's one of the main reasons that the WPSA is in financial trouble, took ATV's to the world. Thus the return of factory rides and quad pro's getting what they deserve.
Did I mention consistant rules?????? <EG>
Enough? LOL :D :D

"Say a complete total of 12 - 14 races but only 10 would count"
We have throw outs now. :)

tireman43
05-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by mxdad789
tireman43 is the "done thing" ok by you yet. Its offiicial. I feel bad for the ones waiting for just this series. Gnc is to far going to catch up.

No need for a comeback like that.:mad: I was only stating that you can't make statements about something until it's "official".

As I said in my post there were many things being thrown around and nothing but cancelled events. Now that it's "official" it stinks for the families that were waiting for the series. I know many that have things booked and no refunds so they are S.O.L now. Also it is a little late to start some of the other series since they have been going too long to catch up in points.

As for why it was good. LT80 said it well. Also they had a race scheduled for MN this year and Maine. It is nice for those of us who can't afford the long trips to a National event, the chance to put the kids in one.

Kevin

Nichols Atvs
05-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Kevin your right this stinks we were looking forward to meeting some new people .and some good racing. Better to back out now then half way through a season. hopefully they will return.:blah: :blah:

3-D Racing Dad
05-02-2008, 02:13 PM
I guess my only question is what happends to everyones money they paid for memberships and if any did pre-pay for races, what happends to that money as well. Can we expect a refund or are we all SOL!!

tireman43
05-02-2008, 03:15 PM
I was going to suggest emailing them and calling to see but it looks like decided to pack it up good! Their website is no longer either. Maybe it's just my computer but I get nothing when trying to access it.:huh :(

Kevin