PDA

View Full Version : If You Live In Pa Plz Help Me Out

NickG5755
04-30-2008, 04:52 PM
alright guys , i know this is a longshot and it might sound lame to others...but its worth a shot to me..

My names Nick im 18 yrs old. Im a senior at mahanoy area Highschool and im graduateing this year. After highschool im going to the Marines to be a combat engineer. Until then thers a few things i need to do. One is play in the allstar game for football this year. Ive been luck enough to be selected (which is a great feat becasue i didnt play my sophmore or junior year andd my coaches didnt realize what talent i had at the Defensive end position until the 3rd game into the season).

The main reason im here is because before i leave for the marines within the next few months and id liek to get a job so i can afford to have a little fun before i head out for a few months of hell in bootcamp. In order for me to get a job (and not some 6.50 an hr job at the creamery here in town) i need a car. My mom works hard to make ends meet so she cant help me and my dad passed away when i was 10.(hes the one that got me into jeeps he had a blue J10 among a ton of other j-10's he restored with a little of my help to and also a jeep comando) actually i learned to drive a stick in that J-10 anyway Ever since then ive been on my own , ive had numerous jobs (never been fired) and ive always worked for what ive gotten.

Ive found a great deal on a 92 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr 5pd for $600. The guy has decided to give me a great deal on it since it will be my first real vehicle and also since it was a flood recovery (hes had it for 2 years with no problems).

i have a 258 inline six for sale its comepletly rebuilt and blueprinted and has all new internals

. It kills me to sell it as it came out of my dads old J-10 and ive always wanted to put it back in another J-10 since it does have somewhat of a sentimental value. But i have to sell it since its all i have and i need a car to go to work. I'll even come to your house/shop/ anywhere as long as its not to far and do some personal labor for you as part of the deal with the motor.

Im not asking for a pity party at all.. im jsut asking that you guys spread the word about the motor and try and help me sell it or something..i just want to have a car and a job lined up for when i graduate. And if someone decides to help me out and buy it. Ill do the best i can to make a deal.. shoot after i have a job even if you decide you overpaid or didnt get your moneys worth ill even do my best to pay back the diference ( i am pretty much garanteed a job at lowes distrubution or i can travel to NJ and work with ready set build at 22$ an hr (my cousin is the district managaer of NJ there so im hooked up pretty good) but gas prices are killing that last idea....

again im not asking for charity or a pity party..jsut that someone help get the word out or something..or buy my motor

thanks to all who read my novel..and if you have any ideas please let me know ive always got an open ear

jtquad
04-30-2008, 06:11 PM
try posting it on craigslist or jeepsunlimited.com Good Luck - JT

NickG5755
04-30-2008, 10:41 PM
i have it in craigslist and also pajeeps.org will try jeeps unlimited...thank you!

jtquad
05-01-2008, 05:52 AM
no problem - JT

CHAR250R
05-01-2008, 11:17 AM
www.jeepforums.com too.

gbcap
05-01-2008, 11:51 AM
if its just 600 see if you can take out a personal loan from your bank.

also, you can take loans out from the military. they hit ya hard on the interest but with a real job you should be able to find enough money to pay back 600 pretty quick.

ask your cousin for the loan. if he is making 22 an hour or more then he might be able to help out for the first month or so.

www.pirate4x4.com

www.marylandcreepers.com

two other places to maybe sell the motor.