PDA

View Full Version : hand nerve injuries?

JR3
04-30-2008, 08:55 AM
first off im typing this all with my left hand.haha. But has any one here ever have a similar injury to the 1 i got yesterday. i work for my town and am a garbage man. so i was picking up a bag and it felt like i got electricuited i look down bloods pouring out of my hand. what haapened was a piece of mirror glass came through the bag and went deep in my hand. i went to the hospital etc. then to my doctor he wrraped it up gave me antibiotics etc his main thing right now is to prevent infection. I go back to him tomorro for further evaluation. its more of a puncture not a slice. but anyway i can move my fingers but cant really feel my middle and ring finger and they tingle. is he gonna send me to a hand surgeon or is this just nerve damage and they grow back.

thanks james

Mxjunkie
04-30-2008, 10:15 AM
That sucks Tice! but hey look on the bright side if your hand stays numb you wont feel it pump up when you ride.. :blah:

Pappy
04-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
if your hand stays numb you wont feel it pump up when you ride.. :blah:

dont they call that "stranger love":devil:

wilkin250r
04-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
dont they call that "stranger love":devil:

I don't think that stuff works well as an antibiotic...:ermm:

Mxjunkie
04-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Sure do Pap... I guess Tice aint gotta sit on his hand anymore then eh.. :blah:

Oh and who need's medicine, the worse it gets the more numb that stranger love will get.:bandit:

JR3
04-30-2008, 04:19 PM
haha good thinking pappy if only i didnt have a punbcture in my palm haha

04-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Nerve probably got pushed out of place and it is pinched. I suggest beating your hand on the table till it feels normal again. Actually, true fact when your arm and hand goes to sleep and loses feeling, that nerve is actually in your neck, next time your arm and hand starts feeling funny pivot your neck all the way around a couple of times and it goes away.

If you do need surgery I cand reccommend an excellent doctor, she always does the best hand jobs.