PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Raptor 700 XC Setup ?

81built2hill81
04-30-2008, 07:25 AM
Ok No Please Dont Hate On Me Cause I Ride A Honda 450 But Im Tryin To Help My Friend Out Cause She Dont Have An Account On Here. So I Hope Yall Can Help. She Has A 08 Raptor 700 And Is Wantin To Race XC So I Need To Know What Parts Fit The Best Cause She Aint No Mechanic. So What Are The Best Quality Nerf Bars, Bumpers, Skid Plates, Hand Guards, Exhaust, ECT. Also What Are Some Of The Best Motor Mods For Your Money? I Know There Are Trick For The 450 But What About The Raptor? Thanks I Hope Yall Can Help Her Out.

mcnugget22
04-30-2008, 06:29 PM
its all about preference.. flexx bars are always a great thing no matter what you ride or where. steering stabilizer is a good thing for xc. good set of tires will help out. other than that its all preference. as far as motor goes.. the big 3 will make the bike a monster.

coryatver
04-30-2008, 06:47 PM
get some PRM skid plates, and Get your shocks revalved by gt thunder and there linkage and it will be one sweet ride

f4istunna
04-30-2008, 09:43 PM
pro armor makes a nice nerf setup fits good and strong, ive had good luck w/ pro armor skids, prm has great quality and strength too.

Stabalizer is a great invenstment i have a ccp puck style works great, Shock rebuilds i like Gt thunder, powermads good 6 ply tires.

Motor wise the stock raptor engine and exhaust is plenty for xc. Great torque and response. I got full exhaust, intake, HC piston for mine but its not really needed in my opinion for woods racing. Id spend the $$ on suspension and tires etc.

Fuel controller is a good idea modding or not so you can make sure its tuned right. Most are lean from the factory.