PDA

View Full Version : For you Xbox owners...

Guy400
11-26-2002, 05:41 PM
I just brought home Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell...whoa!! I've finally played a game better than Halo.

cheetah
11-26-2002, 05:47 PM
There's a game better than Halo?:eek: I don't want to believe it.

Guy400
11-26-2002, 06:09 PM
Play it and you'll believe!

tants
11-26-2002, 06:51 PM
whats its about? :confused:

Atreyu
11-26-2002, 07:06 PM
i was thinking about getting an Xbox...better than ps2?

11-26-2002, 08:16 PM
What do you think is better splinter cell of conflict desert storm??
I need to decide on what to get for christmas
killer

Guy400
11-26-2002, 08:40 PM
I just got done playing it for another 2 hours. This game is killer. It's like a 007 but way better.

generalg
11-26-2002, 09:46 PM
I have the Xbox. I think it is better than the PS2 for these reasons. X has DD 5.1 in all games, PS2 does not. X has support for 720+ resolution, PS2 does not. Network card built in, support for Component video etc... THE only thing the Xbox does not have is ATV OFFROAD FURY 1/2! I can only hope and pray that someday Xbox will have a game compariable.

I do have Halo, not a game for me, also Project Gotham Racing. Anyone want to trade me for MX superfly when it comes out?

Sportrax10
11-26-2002, 09:50 PM
i wil be getting an x-box soon.. whats the 2 best games for it?

Guy400
11-27-2002, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by generalg
I have the Xbox. I think it is better than the PS2 for these reasons. X has DD 5.1 in all games, PS2 does not. X has support for 720+ resolution, PS2 does not. Network card built in, support for Component video etc... THE only thing the Xbox does not have is ATV OFFROAD FURY 1/2! I can only hope and pray that someday Xbox will have a game compariable.

I do have Halo, not a game for me, also Project Gotham Racing. Anyone want to trade me for MX superfly when it comes out? Xbox also has twice the RAM and is able to draw twice as many polygons per screen.

Taco
11-27-2002, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Guy432
I just got done playing it for another 2 hours. This game is killer. It's like a 007 but way better.
Why dont you send it to me and let me try it??? Do you have Xbox live yet? I was just thinking I WOULD LOVE TO SHOOT YOU:D

forum
11-27-2002, 08:43 AM
well guys I do think x box is a better system if your the kind of person that likes video games alot. But personally the only reason i bought ps2 is for atv offroad furry 2. And my modchip is on the way. and my dvd burner is already installed in my PC. Also everyone around me has xbox and i hate the controllers

shelbygt350
11-27-2002, 08:56 AM
The way I figure it, if you can afford it get em all! I just picked up an X-box last week and Already got NightFire, Buffy, DOA3, TJ&E III, MK Deadly and BMX XXX. The graphics are 10 times better but I'd never get rid of my PS2 and my 40 plus games. There are games that are better on the PS2 like Need For speed that tanked on the Xbox conversion. ATV 2 does rock on the PS2 no doubt but there are reasons to have them all. I still fire up my DC every now and then for kicks for Cannon Spike and some Hydro Thunder

Guy400
11-27-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Taco

Why dont you send it to me and let me try it??? Do you have Xbox live yet? I was just thinking I WOULD LOVE TO SHOOT YOU:D How much is Xbox Live? I saw where you can download additional levels to Splinter Cell from there. I'm still trying to get used to the controls of this game. The camera/aiming isn't inverted like I'm used to on other shooters. When you press forward the gun goes up rather than down. Once I get the hang of it I'll be alright though.

NDrider
11-27-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Guy432
How much is Xbox Live? I saw where you can download additional levels to Splinter Cell from there. I'm still trying to get used to the controls of this game. The camera/aiming isn't inverted like I'm used to on other shooters. When you press forward the gun goes up rather than down. Once I get the hang of it I'll be alright though.

It looks like you get 12 months free with the starter kit. The starter kit is $50.00

http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/connect/setup.htm

Down towards the bottum.

Cruzin720
11-27-2002, 05:09 PM
my friend has an xbox that has like 6 or 7 other game consoles with all the games u can imagine all in the one system. anybody else have anything like this?

Knight440
11-28-2002, 10:16 AM
Any of you guys pick up xbox live yet? if so shoot me a PM and we can play some Unreal Championship..:rolleyes: Take's a little getting use to... This thing needs a mouse and keyboard.

Atreyu
11-28-2002, 01:27 PM
well guys I do think x box is a better system if your the kind of person that likes video games alot. But personally the only reason i bought ps2 is for atv offroad furry 2. And my modchip is on the way. and my dvd burner is already installed in my PC. Also everyone around me has xbox and i hate the controllers

where'd you get the mod chip?