PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Sticky threads?

04'400ex'er
04-30-2008, 12:40 AM
Where did they go mods???

d3ktrix
04-30-2008, 04:20 PM
I was wondering the same thing.

klutch
04-30-2008, 04:40 PM
I was also wondering.

pro-rider46
04-30-2008, 06:07 PM
well i know that the mods are mad at chad, because he is not a sponsor... and that kinda sucks because they deleted all the stuff people are hear to learn about, and i think they just decided to get rid of the other ones because they were old news, and that about all i have to say.

gcart2
04-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by klutch
I was also wondering.

klutch did you run the ssqsa last season?

400exrider707
04-30-2008, 08:51 PM
The person who wrote them probably deleted them himself. When he gets upset and leaves a forum, he usually deletes all information he posted, which is a shame, because I learned a lot from him, and there was still a lot of good information on there. The mods weren't mad because he wasn't a sponsor...

I'll put money on it that he deleted them himself, and I wish he hadn't.:ermm:

GIXXER1KR
04-30-2008, 09:37 PM
This site has changed a lot recently for the worse.They dont like what you say and Bye Bye!!!:eek2: And i highly doubt Chad deleted his stuff from here.So a little birdy told me:devil:

pro-rider46
04-30-2008, 09:45 PM
yeah it really is a shame, but hopefully time will change some things for the better...

400exrider707
04-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by GIXXER1KR
This site has changed a lot recently for the worse.They dont like what you say and Bye Bye!!!:eek2: And i highly doubt Chad deleted his stuff from here.So a little birdy told me:devil:

Maybe you know something I dont, but when he "left" the ORG, he spent HOURS deleting everything he typed up on there. I can see where the mods were coming from. Chad provided a lot of good technical info, but he had a lot of pride... that's all I will say about that, because I still have a lot of respect for the guy.:cool:

my88r
04-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by GIXXER1KR
.They dont like what you say and Bye Bye!!!:eek2:

i dont think this is true:mad:

04'400ex'er
05-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Well evidently I am unaware of this situation, an "informative" pm would be appreciated!

That really sux that this happened, it did nothing but hurt the members. There was tons of camshaft info in that thread, and there was ABSOLUTELY no reason to delete the crank bearing sticky. I don't remember if chad wrote that one, but that information should be provided to all members on here. After all, isn't that what this site is for?

And I couldn't see chad deleting all of his posts, he didn't really seem like that kind of guy, but I also don't know what the situation was, so I can't really say...

IMSROLL450R
05-01-2008, 08:36 AM
I guess I haven't been around much lately I just noticed that. There was a lot of good info there, and although I personally didnt get along with Chad, he did post a LOT of good info when he wasn't on his high horse. I think he is still on 450r.headquarters, and a lot of that same info is on there if anyone needs it.

klutch
05-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by gcart2
klutch did you run the ssqsa last season?

No I didn't. Might race it next year though, maybe a few races this year I haven't quite decided when I am going to race again yet.

Pappy
05-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Jesus you people need a life.

The stickied threads were simply un-stickied. If they were deleted it was not our doing. When a sticky is un-stickied it goes back into the section in order of last post date. Some of the stickys were 2 years old and had not been replied to for well over 6 months.

Think what you like, say what you like, I will just sit back and chuckle at those who seem to have it all under control. We also cleaned up about 15 -20 other stickys in other sections, its spring cleaning time, get over it.

IMSROLL450R
05-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Thats pretty rude.

So I guess we can still do a search and find the info he posted???

Pappy
05-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by IMSROLL450R
Thats pretty rude.

So I guess we can still do a search and find the info he posted???

No more rude then being accused of deleting info out of spite.

And you can search it as it is still in the 450R section as previously stated. You get what you give from me, I can be a dick just as well if not better then most!

IMSROLL450R
05-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
No more rude then being accused of deleting info out of spite.

And you can search it as it is still in the 450R section as previously stated. You get what you give from me, I can be a dick just as well if not better then most!

I never accused you of anything. You could've simply stated that you didn't delete them instead of telling everyone to get a life. No reason to be rude.

Pappy
05-01-2008, 10:02 AM
"You people" was not singling you out, but seeing your infatuation with the issue, maybe it should apply to you the most

IMSROLL450R
05-01-2008, 10:11 AM
I guess I was under the impression that moderators were supposed to be mature.

Pappy
05-01-2008, 10:14 AM
We have to handle things on the level of which they are presented, in this case more crying over normal site operations.

my88r
05-01-2008, 01:00 PM
more complaining about a free site. they just cant grasp that concept.

05-01-2008, 01:11 PM
I agree with IMSROLL450R. You would think that the mods would have a little more class. Especially from a business owner/site sponsor. You wonder why people are the way they are. You are supposed to lead by example, but I guess some people missed that day.

As for complaining about a free site..........................well if it weren't for people like IMSROLL450R, me and all of you this free site wouldn't be as successful as it is!

Pappy
05-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I will stand by what I have previously posted, it appears to me I hit the nail on the head and the more the issue is supported the more my point is made.

Carry on.

05-01-2008, 01:56 PM
I will stand by what I have previously posted, it appears to me I hit the nail on the head and the more the issue is supported the more my point is made.

Carry on.

I haven't seen any point made by you except to act childish. I think the people invovled were just looking for answers not a sarcastic remark. I also think you are the one with issues not everyone else......................oh great one.

Pappy
05-01-2008, 02:00 PM
You bet I have an issue when someone starts a thread and others accuse the staff of this site of doing something that they didn't...and then more wanna be somebodies piling on.

Consider yourself in the "need a life" group since you want to support an arguement that has no merit! <---get the point now sherlock:confused:

05-01-2008, 02:09 PM
I understand your point, but it still doesn't justify you acting like a little boy. I may need a life as you see it, but you need to grow into a man and start acting like one. You must have missed that day also. I know you are going to have to have the last word. I'm done with my lesson on life. I will not respond to you anymore. AGAIN showing you how a MAN is supposed to act. Have a nice day oh great one!

Pappy
05-01-2008, 02:10 PM
LMAO...and you wonder why I could careless about a large number of members....keep swinging in the dirt son!

Maybe lessons are still being taught, youre just to stupid to understand them!

04'400ex'er
05-01-2008, 02:32 PM
I still think that the Camshaft Specifications thread was super informative to anyone who plans on building a motor, and that is majority of those on here at some point. The Crank Bearing failure sticky was also an important one; these are the two that I feel should have stayed. I understand graphics or "lets see the 450s" threads being removed, but those two would continue to be helpful to members for some time to come.

I am not trying to flame, and I had no clue of any situation whether there was one or not, just curious about where they went. I didn't even notice until I started looking for some camshaft specs. and the thread was gone.

Oh well, life goes on!

ttied07
05-01-2008, 02:53 PM
his camshaft spec sticky was a tremendous help to me when I was looking into what cam to buy... it's too bad that it won't be available to anyone anymore

my88r
05-01-2008, 02:57 PM
now all you half to do is. take a few more seconds and do a search.:macho

ttied07
05-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by my88r
now all you half to do is. take a few more seconds and do a search.:macho

I've tried to search for it but had no luck finding the thread. Even if it is on here somewhere, it still isn't very convenient now for new guys looking for some camshaft info like it once was

Pappy
05-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Looks like the person who started the threads deleted them, to bad but thats his poragative. If a mod had deleted them, they would be moved into the deleted section, not removed from the site.

04'400ex'er- the "get a life" comment was not directed towards you, just the conspiracy theory folks that had the mods pegged as the ones who deleted the info. You can add the 2 threads about the throttle recall to the ones that were unstickied...there were about 7 in this section alone.

04'400ex'er
05-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Looks like the person who started the threads deleted them, to bad but thats his poragative. If a mod had deleted them, they would be moved into the deleted section, not removed from the site.

04'400ex'er- the "get a life" comment was not directed towards you, just the conspiracy theory folks that had the mods pegged as the ones who deleted the info. You can add the 2 threads about the throttle recall to the ones that were unstickied...there were about 7 in this section alone.
Yea, I remembered the throttle arm recall sticky, but that was nothing near as important as the crank or camshaft threads to me personally. And yea, you confirmed what I thought about the camshaft thread. I did a couple searches before I even created this thread trying to find some info... that is what brought me on to all of this in the first place.

hendershot106
05-05-2008, 02:29 PM

Thanks for all your time and effort you do put into this site pappy... i know you where in virginia.. but i never had the chance to run into you.... dunno what you look like.. next time if you see the 106 honda.. yell at me!!!.... Dont worrry about the unappreciative of the site... or the drg flag wavers! I for one GREATLY APPRECIATE logging on and not seeing 75 % bull***** posts of someone trying to sell there product from 8-5....... Again pappy... thank you for your hard work... traveling... and great race coverage and moderation....... pay no mind to the unappreciative..... and to all that are unable to see things unbiased dont bother replying to my post.

400exrider707
05-06-2008, 06:10 PM
This is exactly what happened when he was booted from the ORG, he went through and spent hours deleting all of his info. Really sucks that he felt he had to do that.