PDA

View Full Version : Hard starting after wet

blacknblue#2
04-29-2008, 10:07 PM
Well we were at a track practicing the other day and i got all slap happy and dumb and told my buddies my race quad could still cross a creek like my brothers rubicon hahahha. Well after 4 oil drains and some other draining i think i got it all out but its weird. It will turn over with the start button but wont start just pops around. But i can shove it with another 4wheeler and as soon as i let the clutch out its running. whats wrong with it????

Benjithx
04-30-2008, 12:05 AM
What do you mean pops around?

If you are able to push start it you are getting spark so i would look at the starter connections, battery etc.

blacknblue#2
04-30-2008, 12:11 AM
see thats what makes no sense. its gettin power to everything. the starter will set there and turn it over all day long but the most it will do with the starter is backfire out the exhaust. but it will start by rolling it...........makes no sense to me either??

04-30-2008, 06:54 AM
Did you drain the float bowl?

blacknblue#2
04-30-2008, 02:07 PM
yeah ive drained it a couple times actually to make sure i got it all out.....lol this thing is driving me insane

derrickwade
04-30-2008, 07:19 PM
I had sand and grit inside my carb after a deep water crossing. I had to disassemble the entire thing and clean it throughly. Only then it started running normal again.

ttied07
04-30-2008, 08:36 PM
this may sound dumb, but when mine sits for a few weeks and I try to start it the batter will die before it starts, but when I hook it to a 12V charger it will fire right up immediately. I think that the my battery is junk and it may not have enough power to turn it over fast enough so it won't start, so maybe the water f***** up your battery or starter or something that won't allow it to turn over fast enough. I'd say try hooking it up to a charger and see what happens. Sounds dumb but it works for me

ttied07
04-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by ttied07
this may sound dumb, but when mine sits for a few weeks and I try to start it the batter will die before it starts, but when I hook it to a 12V charger it will fire right up immediately. I think that the my battery is junk and it may not have enough power to turn it over fast enough so it won't start, so maybe the water f***** up your battery or starter or something that won't allow it to turn over fast enough. I'd say try hooking it up to a charger and see what happens. Sounds dumb but it works for me

also, mine will backfire the whole time i'm trying to start it off the battery as well