PDA

View Full Version : 90 x ??????

stauffracing#4
04-29-2008, 09:50 PM
i have a few quostions about the quad.is it autoclutch or cvt.2when moded will they be competative will the top mod bikes in mx racing.

musky
04-30-2008, 07:27 AM
The 90x is a cvt. Fully modded it should be as competive as the honda 125. My son races xc & has all the mods that Max. RPM sells right now on the quad & when the other performance parts start comming out I think the 90x will be a great 4 stroke racer.

Ron Nice

dcarter
05-15-2008, 04:51 AM
The can am is a nice bike. I have one in the shop now and i am working on it. We will have long travel lower a-arms for the bike next week. Since the bike has adjustable uppers on it i think a new set of lowers for the 14" shocks will be great for the bike. we arre building a round house swing arm for it as well. Still trying to figure out rear shock set up. Anti vibe steem's will be coming soon to get rid of some of the extra stuff on the bike. I am trying to help the bike loose a little weight. I will keep every one posted. Dave

Nichols Atvs
05-24-2008, 07:47 AM
I have heard if you wrap it in a trash bag and take it out for a long jog that you can drop some weight. :D :macho :D :macho Keep up the good work Dave.

Heath

bulldogfallon
06-02-2008, 02:27 PM
It will cost way too much just to come close...

FISH ON!
06-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Gary, thanks for your help. Marc at Hot Quads should have my 90cc ready for pick up later this week. Your both good people and a wealth of information.

We're keeping the Can-am 90X for a little while. I guess that will be a good opportunity for a side by side comparison. There's no doubt which one is faster. :huh

Somebody will get a good deal on the Can-am when we let it go. It might have about 30 hours on it, no more.

Todd Jones

'08 DRR 90 Liquid
'08 Can-Am 90X

tmfracing
06-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Fish On,

You are definitely getting a faster bike going with the DRR. What is kind of confusing to me is that everyone who bought the can-am ds90x should of realized that it would not compete with a 2-stroke 90. I guess it all depends on where and how you are going to be riding the quad. I specifically went with a 4-stroke due to stringent riding restriictions where we ride. I guess what I am trying to say here is, if you are looking for a fast 90cc racer and you can ride a 2-stroke year round where you ride then a DRR/Apex is a good fit. Otheriwse, like in my case I pretty much had to go with a 4-stroke 90. I paid 3k out the door and am pretty happy with the ds90x. With a pipe, cdi, clutch kit, sprocket and an air filter kit it's a nice bike and my son loves it.

Alsmost every machine you buy is going to need some type of modifications. Well actually let me re-phrase that. It may not actually need modifications but we sure love spending money on trying to make them go faster, ride better, last longer setc.. You get the drift.

Good luck with your new DRR it's a good quad.

See Ya,

FISH ON!
06-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Check your PM.................