PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any info on Trailhammer ATVs?

josephnyc
04-29-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm considering purchasing a Trailhammer 125 but can't find out who the manufacturer is.

I see various associations with Eagle, Hanma, SunL, etc., but nothing definitive.

Does anyone have any info on these?

Manufacturer? Reliability? Etc.?

Thanks very much,

Joseph

josephnyc
04-30-2008, 04:20 AM
Doesn't look like anyone has any info on these.

It looks like it's the Motorxtremes.com brand.

I'd feel more comfortable knowing who's actually making it and hopefully it's a big name (within the Chinese ATV manufacturing group).

dsl
06-12-2008, 03:36 PM
My son has had his for 2 weeks and it is exactly what I was looking for.

There were a few minor details that needed to be worked out. (1) Change the engine oil
(2) The spark plug went bad after 2 runs (NGK replacement cost me $2.50 and it's been running great since
(3) Minor carb tuning and it now runs great.

The suspension in the rear is much better IMO than other Chinese kid's quad's. It feels softer and smoother while the others felt extremely stiff.

It's got decent acceleration, but don't expect to be able to pull wheelies. Once it gets going the top end is strong. It has enough power for easy trails and goes over small obstacles well. The brakes work well and are not too stiff for my 8 year old. The remote kill switch works well. It doesn't come with a tether or sound alarm. The tires are ok and worked well in the desert after reducing the air pressure. Overall quality is acceptable on this quad and I consider it a great value.

Assembly was easy. It took me about 1.5 hours with no problems.

The manual includes detailed pictures. The written instructions are somewhat vague, but once you look at the pics, they are clear.

I highly recommend this quad. My son is 8 years old and it is perfect. I don't see the need to spend 3-4 times as much on a quad for a small child that will quickly outgrow it.