PDA

View Full Version : will stock chocks work with longer aarms?

450raider
04-29-2008, 01:34 PM
im wanting to get wider aarms just for stability when we get outta the mountains onto pavement/gravel so i just got a few questions, will the stock shocks work with +1 or +2? what are some good brands to check out?, if i got wider ones would that automatically mean lower ground clerance? ive been looking into housers but if someone has something better then im open for reccomendations.

thanks

exrider12
04-29-2008, 03:00 PM
it will put more leverage on your shocks making them softer but you could try and stiffen em up a little bit

450raider
04-29-2008, 10:03 PM
now i can explain a little more, i recently got offered a trade if i kicked in boot (of course) it doesnt matter what it was because i already turned it down and decided to blow my money in aftermarket, ill just say one of the newer models anyway i got to thinkin and i said, "what does the others uniquely have that mine dont", and heres what i came up with....

with what the kawi already comes with the hon, yam, can, and pol dont have nothin on me so what does that leave the suz wide suspension for stability (i think i could handle it in the woods on the kawi - look how wide it already turns :D) and even yet the current big dog ktm (soon to be mx) with its impressive motor (i hear anyway) but im just hittin one thing at a time so thats the reasoning for the sus. question.

what do people usually do about the swingarm?, it should be fine like it is shouldnt it?

thanks