PDA

View Full Version : YFZ450 or Banshee ?

Honda_Matt
04-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Ive got a yfz 450, and a guy wants to trade me for his banshee.

both are 05's.

The banshee is completely stock, the yfz is modded.

What would you rather have?

Ripitupfilms
04-29-2008, 11:42 AM
please tell me your joking.

chris46250r
04-29-2008, 11:42 AM
If you are gonna get anywhere near a MX track, keep the 450.

Honda_Matt
04-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Im serious.

I like the YFZ but Ive got 2 other 450's as well, I just dont know if its a fair trade or if I should do it

The banshee is a Limited Ed. Black purple and silver.

Honda_Matt
04-29-2008, 11:45 AM
I dont ride MX, mostly trails.

Are they not allowed on the mx, or just not good for mx.

chris46250r
04-29-2008, 11:45 AM
I still dont see an even trade.

Honda_Matt
04-29-2008, 11:49 AM
I should just keep the Yfz then?

my88r
04-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Honda_Matt
I should just keep the Yfz then?

YES. :mad:

04-29-2008, 12:14 PM
YFZ YFZ YFZ

klutch
04-29-2008, 01:13 PM
If you would like to go ANYWHERE other than a straight line WITHOUT putting extensive mods on the Banshee...

STAY WITH THE YFZ!!!!

toomeyshee87
04-29-2008, 01:20 PM
i would say that a stock banshee wouldnt be an even trade for a stock yfz. modded banshees are everywhere, i didnt even know people kept them stock?

if you really want a banshee you can pick up a very nice one for cheap.

04-29-2008, 02:03 PM
100% 450

Do you turn? Do you jump? At less all you do is drive down a straight roads then get the banshee.

reptikes
04-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by bajaracer21
100% 450

Do you turn? Do you jump? At less all you do is drive down a straight roads then get the banshee.

Exactly!

Honda_Matt
04-29-2008, 02:33 PM
banshee's dont turn or jump well?

klutch
04-29-2008, 03:03 PM
Not at all but they are great for straight lines.

Hondamaster5505
04-29-2008, 04:01 PM
LOL, everyones a banshee hater.:rolleyes: Freakin hypocrits.

Personally, heres my view.

I would rather go riding with my banshee than my 400ex everywhere. The only place I wouldn't is tight trails.

Banshee's are really fast bikes. They don't handle all too bad, and I have absolutely no problem jumping them.
Yes, the YFZ will outhandle a banshee any day, BUT, the banshee's aren't THAT bad. Not what people make them out to be.

Both in stock form, the YFZ will walk all over the banshee. That being said, throw pipes on a banshee and they will walk all over a YFZ.

Now as far as trading goes, only trade if you get some cash. A stock 05 banshee is not worth the same value of a modded 05 YFZ. So, get some cash in the deal.

If this was the only 450 you have, then I would say keep it. Being you already have 2 other 450's, get cash in the trade and do it.

04-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505

Both in stock form, the YFZ will walk all over the banshee. That being said, throw pipes on a banshee and they will walk all over a YFZ.

yea only in a straight line. bring it on a track and the banshee aint got ****. n00b

Hondamaster5505
04-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
yea only in a straight line. bring it on a track and the banshee aint got ****. n00b

Wow, your real mature. As far as I know only 10-year olds still say "n00b"

Of course it will still beat it at the track. Do you even read this guy's post's? He said he doesn't go to the track, smart one.:rolleyes:

Anyway, for people like me, I find tracks kinda boring. I like exploring new places, mountains, hills, anything. Different scenerary.
I love being on a banshee, throwing roosters, blasting down trails and fireroads, climbing gnarly hills, and flying past my riding buddies.

No other quad gives me the same rush, thrill that the banshee does. The 400ex does still put a smile on my face, though. lol.

04-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by klutch
Not at all but they are great for straight lines.

I come to find out they are alright in that too racing up hill ehh I was hangin with banshees on my 400ex look at the mods and these had full pipes and K&N

Hondamaster5505
04-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
I come to find out they are alright in that too racing up hill ehh I was hangin with banshees on my 400ex look at the mods and these had full pipes and K&N

Ya know, I get confused too:confused:

When I dragged him on my 400, i was just barely keeping up.

BUT, when he races 450's, he consistently smokes them. They are all equal riders but my dads heavier then them. The 450's, most of them are piped and such.

So what gives? He also couldnt keep the front down at the beginning though, so that may be why/

07trx400ex
04-29-2008, 04:52 PM
I think this kid had his first wet dream about a banshee.

04-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Wow, your real mature. As far as I know only 10-year olds still say "n00b"

Of course it will still beat it at the track. Do you even read this guy's post's? He said he doesn't go to the track, smart one.:rolleyes:

Anyway, for people like me, I find tracks kinda boring. I like exploring new places, mountains, hills, anything. Different scenerary.
I love being on a banshee, throwing roosters, blasting down trails and fireroads, climbing gnarly hills, and flying past my riding buddies.

No other quad gives me the same rush, thrill that the banshee does. The 400ex does still put a smile on my face, though. lol.

actually no. If you ever ventured out of atvriders you see that not only 10 yrs old use the word n00b. I forgot that in order to post on atvriders you have to be oh so mature. Its just the interwebs.

Yes I did read the first post. But you didn't specify what you type of terrain you were talking about.

Hondamaster5505
04-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by 07trx400ex
I think this kid had his first wet dream about a banshee.

Maybe I did:eek: :D

lmao. No, i just like them. If he only had 1 450 i would say keep that, but he has 3

mephyst
04-29-2008, 06:03 PM
I agree, if you ever ride dunes or anything like that get a banshee for the fun factor. The YFZ is definitely worth more than the banshee, so get some cash too.

You have to do a little more work to a banshee than just pipes... but it is relatively cheap compared to the 4 strokes. I beat banshees all the time on my 450 in drag racing (dunes) but if they had more room they would wax me top speed.

They are just a really fun quad to ride and it would be fun to have one if you already have 2 other 450s. :D

WhiteZrider
04-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Neither. Get a suzuki ;)

tgreenz400
04-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZrider
Neither. Get a suzuki ;) ZILLA!!!

WhiteZrider
04-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by tgreenz400
ZILLA!!!

Ltr ;)

leveldrummer
04-29-2008, 09:33 PM
banshee's are cool bikes, but for peats sake! keep the yfz. or get rid of one of the other 450's.

banshees are cool in the fact that its a twin 2 stroke, nothing can match the sound or the feel that a banshee will give ya. but like everyone mentioned, they arent that great for racing. as far as playing, they rock. and they can be modded out the rectum for much cheaper than a 450.

blacknblue#2
04-30-2008, 02:55 AM
I find tracks kinda boring.

Man how do you find a track boring?? lol Your wide open, you jump, you turn then you jump, you roost around a berm then you jump, you cut the other guy off in a corner then you jump.............oh yeah did i mention you jump hahah i think its the best rush ever...............................but it could be boring if your wide open, you slam on the brakes and roll over a jump, you turn then you roll over a jump, you drive around a berm, then you roll over a jump......did i mention rolling over a jump makes it boring hahhahahaha just messin with ya man

Hondamaster5505
04-30-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
Man how do you find a track boring?? lol Your wide open, you jump, you turn then you jump, you roost around a berm then you jump, you cut the other guy off in a corner then you jump.............oh yeah did i mention you jump hahah i think its the best rush ever...............................but it could be boring if your wide open, you slam on the brakes and roll over a jump, you turn then you roll over a jump, you drive around a berm, then you roll over a jump......did i mention rolling over a jump makes it boring hahhahahaha just messin with ya man

lol.

They're really fun the first couple laps, but then it gets kinda boring, because its the same stuff over and over. haha.

04-30-2008, 01:49 PM
So then what series/class do you race?

416exfreak
04-30-2008, 01:53 PM
lol.

They're really fun the first couple laps, but then it gets kinda boring, because its the same stuff over and over. haha.

Have you ever been on a real track?

obviously not...:chinese:

exrider272
04-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Pingers= crap. easy as that
keep the 450

Hondamaster5505
04-30-2008, 03:52 PM
So then what series/class do you race?

I don't actually race an MX class. I just been to one once. It was local I forget the name of it.

As far as me, I just race FlatTrack around the local tracks. Pretty fun. Not like I base my life on it, just somethin to do on the weekends.

Im mainly a coalmine guy:D Lots of them out here in PA

tgreenz400
04-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZrider
Ltr ;) Who would want 3 450's? ...Stupid question... but sell an R get an LTR and get a Zilla or Shee and make a drag bike. That's what I would do. XC, MX, and drag, that'd be pretty nice.

toomeyshee87
04-30-2008, 06:31 PM
I don't actually race an MX class. I just been to one once. It was local I forget the name of it.

As far as me, I just race FlatTrack around the local tracks. Pretty fun. Not like I base my life on it, just somethin to do on the weekends.

Im mainly a coalmine guy:D Lots of them out here in PA

is it safe to say that your just a common man, you drive a common van, and your dog ain't got a pedigree? haha:blah:

Hondamaster5505
04-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by toomeyshee87
is it safe to say that your just a common man, you drive a common van, and your dog ain't got a pedigree? haha:blah:

1) I'm a kid.

2) I don't have my license yet.

3) My dog does have a pedigree.

:blah: lmao

But yeah, im not no big racer. I wish I could get more involved, but dads business can't live for a week of racing without him.

Honda_Matt
04-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by tgreenz400
Who would want 3 450's?

Originally I bought one for me, and my g/f enjoyed riding, so we got her one as well...

Then not too long ago I got a really good deal, that nobody would pass up on a yfz.

chris46250r
04-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by exrider272
Pingers= crap. easy as that
keep the 450

List the "pingers" that you have ridden.

Dinner
05-01-2008, 12:17 AM
A stock 05 Banshee is not worth a Modded 05 YFZ. Specially being as if you did get that stock 05, you would be taking off the TORS crap, and then whatever mods you wanted to to start.

You said you don't race MX, so it is up to you whether or not you want to keep the YFZ or try a Banshee, however, do not trade for that stock 05 (unless you get some cash like others have said).

Yfz will be a better handling, softer riding quad than the Banshee (stock suspension). If you really wanted to, you could upgrade the suspension on a Banshee and have it ride close to anything else out there. Heck I know a fella that is running 52" front and 50" rear on his shee for MX and it floats real nice.

I've had people come up to me and ask/tell me that I should try MX this year with my Banshee just for the fun of it. So I might go to the track just for fun some days..throw my stock length swinger on there and away we go.

People that say Banshee's ONLY belong in straight line riding or drag racing are just kidding themselves. People will do whatever they want with their banshee, whether that be MX racing with it, duning, flat tracking, drag racing, trails, or just using it as a fun riding quad.

You can mod them to whatever style of riding you mostly do as well, generally cheaper than a 4 stroke for building costs. People will say the maintenance on them is really bad, but not really if you take care of them, have them jetting properly, run good oil and make sure your rad/cooling system is good to go.

It's all up to you, however if you want to try a Banshee out, I say go for...just maybe not this trade off unless there is money involved..

05-01-2008, 04:53 PM
lol.

so your telling me you went out there and cleared some 90ft doubles in the first couple of laps?

Hondamaster5505
05-01-2008, 06:42 PM
so your telling me you went out there and cleared some 90ft doubles in the first couple of laps?

Nope.

I ain't got the balls. lol. I havent had enough time there. Im sure like eveything else i would try them eventually, but not yet. Plus, im running stock suspension.

Im just not a track kind of person though. Everyone has different opinons on types of riding. Im a weekend warrior/explorist, lol.

John Rogers
05-02-2008, 01:56 PM
I see every one says Yfz but a banshee is just plain evil<but fun just light the fuse and hold on.You already have the best 450 Ride red.

pro-rider46
05-02-2008, 08:19 PM
i would get the banshee if he threw in some dough. i always wanted to get a two stroke something, the thumper doesnt have everything 2 strokes do, i like the smell, the sound, the power band and the thumpers dont have that, but they have a $hit load of torque compared to the 2 strokes