PDA

View Full Version : migrane headaches..........

trx400EXtreme
04-29-2008, 11:14 AM
does anybady know what the hell causes these things? over the past year or so it seems like i have one like every ten days or so. it's getting really old. i had another one today that kept me out of school. i woke up at like 2 AM with one and it's just now starting to get better. ive probably puked 3 times this morning. anybody know how they start or how to get rid of them?

Honda_Matt
04-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Puking, a shower and sleep are the only thing that makes mine feel better.

I think stress in one factor of migraines, got alot on your mind?

Ruby Soho
04-29-2008, 11:26 AM
around last year i got them like once a month, id get what the doctor called an "ora" where part of my vision would get blurry and it would get worse and worse for like 15 minutes untill it was bad then go away, then id get a terrible migrane, and it would last about 2 hours.

i had cancer when i was young and we thought it was from that and went to one of my old doctors about it and such, even got an MRI, everything was fine for me she said it was hormones.

best remedy for me was sleep, i know its really hard to but the worst thing is watching tv and having loud noises etc..

Honda_Matt
04-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Yea dont concentrate on anything like the tv, loud noises or strong smells.

Just stuff your face in a pillow and go to sleep.

Take some Tylenol PM or something haha.

KXRida
04-29-2008, 12:33 PM
About a year or two ago, I used to get them really bad as well. I sometimes still get them because I'm like ungodly sensitive to bright sun light. I don't know what caused them, but it seemed like when I puked like 3 times I felt better. Nothing worked. Imatrex, shower, etc. The only thing that brought me some relief was laying in a super dark room with a cold towel on my head. That seemed to help. I can't tell you how many times I came home from high school with them. I felt bad for the school nurse because I always threw up in her toilet.