PDA

View Full Version : Model car building. anybody do this?

DGR Designs
11-26-2002, 05:07 PM
just wondering if anybody here builds models of cars and stuff. i do all the time and some of mine have even been fetured ion shows! lets see your best works!

KP's lil'300
11-26-2002, 05:17 PM
yeah i used to build them all of the time. do you wire the motors? cause i wire the motors and use the chrome foil and use all of the detail master parts. I have won many awards for my Camaro's and thunderbolt. what all have youall built KP

DGR Designs
11-26-2002, 05:27 PM
KP i have built a 69 motion camaro (deep green with tan interior and chrome coating) i even go to hobby shops and buy seperate plastic pieces and make little pieces like subs and stuff. i made a NOS kit in my ford lightning lol took a little round piece and whittled at it untill it looked like a mini NOS bottle lol! heres a great tip to, take a dremel and grind away with a buffing wheel in places that rust out and airbrush them brown and you get a rusted out, worn effect i have done it to a few of my older trucks like my old GMC. any pictures of yours? i don't have any of mine

2K1 300EX
11-26-2002, 09:42 PM
I use to build them in 6th-8th grade. In 7th grade we used to bring them to school and have our own hydro competetions.

exriderdude
11-26-2002, 09:44 PM
yea, i got a jet and built half of it:o

KP's lil'300
11-27-2002, 05:55 PM
yeah roost,
i got some pics, but the retards at the walmart 1 hour photo forgot to put them on a disk so i cant put them up till i get some more. any ways do you put chrome foil, model master parts, spark plug wires, custom opening doors and trunk or do you just build for the fun of it. ill try to make a run up to wally world asap. hey how old are you. KP

bluebaron
11-27-2002, 07:23 PM
yeah i just got do with an apche hellacopter today

11-27-2002, 08:07 PM
Blow me

Honda2003
11-27-2002, 08:11 PM
i used to biuld them all the time. they just never made it past the 4th of July. :D

CHAUNCY
11-27-2002, 10:15 PM
Hey guys
Im building my first model right now.
Im havin trouble with the windows. I mean when I try to get them in they fit but i cant do it without gettin glue on the windows then it looks messed up. Is there any way to get the glue off of the windows and start over. I have tried rubbing alcohol and starter fluid but nothin is workin. Any help would be appreciated.

CHAUNCY
11-28-2002, 02:01 PM
bump

DGR Designs
11-28-2002, 05:48 PM
i have the same problem but it usually takes alot of effort to get off. anybody else know how to do this? lol and yea i use al the expert parts and wire and even make my own parts with plastic from a hobby shop. its fun! and i had one guy actually pay me $300 for one model. i have msn if ya wanna add me. mountainbiker77@hotmail.com

11-28-2002, 05:55 PM
yea i do this ever once in a while mainly during the winter when i cant ride and having nothing betetr to do the best modle i ever did was a ford lightening with prowler tires and rims and stuff from a prowler the next modle i do is goign to be one of those big 18 wheelers
killer

11-28-2002, 06:20 PM
Right now im building a 99 Chevy Silverado, i have a custom roll pan, and the rear frame c-notched, i have the tires trucking under hte fender wells in the back, now i am droping the front end

tants
11-28-2002, 06:44 PM
a few years ago i used too, after building 4-5 cars and noticed they always were crooked (sp?) i just stopped and lit em all on fire. :eek:

KP's lil'300
12-03-2002, 02:38 PM
the trick to doing windows is to put some double sided tape on the inside of the car body (where the window touches), and then place the window in and get it centered on the tape where you want it, then with a tooth pick apply glue to the edges of the window where it meets the body. and there is not a way to get glue off of your windows (that i know of), but to make it look just as good just get some clear plastic and cut it to fit. Hope this helped KP pm me with any more ??? chances are i know the answer