PDA

View Full Version : 1st Build

jread14
04-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Well my little one got a little late Birthday present.

After some deep thought I finally pulled the trigger and converted this 06 AC to a LC. It was a pretty simple process with the only real issue coming with the bumper, but with a little fabrication of the bumper it is as good as new.

I started off by striping the bike down and having it pc'd translusent blue. Then I had to make a decision on which suspension setup I was going to run. He is currently running the ATV Four Play setup on his other bike so I thought I would give DC a shot at this one. Needless to say I am very pleased to have made this decision. Dave gives great service not only before, but after the sell as well. He had my custom a arms and swinger built and to me in less than 10 days, and I dont think you will find anyone that will or can provide this in our industry. Let me say this as well. You know it is handling well when a 6 year old comes over and says the supsenion feels great and to not change any of the settings.

I also added a few other things to the bike like the ATV Four Play stem & brace, Fasst Bars, and an RPM Axle...

I sure wish I got something like this for my 6th birthday...:D

I want to thank Dave Carter first of all for helping with my time deadlines, as well as Mark Smith with Hot Quads and Gary Fallon with DRR Nation in helping get the parts and service that all of us busy dads need.

jread14
04-29-2008, 09:58 AM
2nd

jread14
04-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Hillbilly Conversion method!:blah:

jread14
04-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Another

jread14
04-29-2008, 10:02 AM
DC Is Here!;)

jread14
04-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Swinger

jread14
04-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Side

jread14
04-29-2008, 10:13 AM
A finished product!

jread14
04-29-2008, 10:16 AM
This ones Next!!!! He wants Green this time!!!

quadscrib
04-29-2008, 02:56 PM
I can say that I saw my first DC setup (on a drx50) last Sunday and I must say VERY IMPRESSIVE!!! .
Not only did I really like the ride height (oh Id say about 3" less than stock ..at a glance) but man did the kid ride the heck out of it!
It was very apparent how much that helped!
By the way this setup was with fox shocks and those were great as well! Cant wait for the production class next year!!!

JIM GRACE
04-29-2008, 03:48 PM
sweet ride... is that a painted screen for the headlight insert,
look's pretty cool..and no my dad did not have 2 race prepped
quads for me either by my 6th b-day:D

brandon's dad #55

jread14
04-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by quadscrib
I can say that I saw my first DC setup (on a drx50) last Sunday and I must say VERY IMPRESSIVE!!! .
Not only did I really like the ride height (oh Id say about 3" less than stock ..at a glance) but man did the kid ride the heck out of it!
It was very apparent how much that helped!
By the way this setup was with fox shocks and those were great as well! Cant wait for the production class next year!!!

That is what I said as soon as I opened the box and saw how well they were made.

I will also say that my son is a ton faster on this bike than he is his other especially in corners, and I would say that all stems from the ride height. I really wanted the fox shocks for this one but they were a month out when I did this project and I couldnt wait. These shocks were on the bike when I bought it and I sent them to JH Racing and had him put new bodies and re valved them for me. I am a true believer in Johny's abilitiy to rebuild shocks and make them even better than they were when they came from Elka. These are a classic example of that...

jread14
04-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by JIM GRACE
sweet ride... is that a painted screen for the headlight insert,
look's pretty cool..and no my dad did not have 2 race prepped
quads for me either by my 6th b-day:D

brandon's dad #55

Yes it is painted screen. I will do the same to the black one when I tear it down as well.

Yeah I know... I got a Suzuki 125 when I turned 7 and I thought it was the coolest thing in the world... Needless to say these little 50's would outrun that pig... What I would give to be 6 again :D

Nichols Atvs
04-29-2008, 05:49 PM
[ What I would give to be 6 again :D [/B][/QUOTE]

You got that right brother ! I got 3 Yamaha 175 parts bikes to make one run, which ran for an hour then worked on it for three .
Isnt awesome what we do for love of our familys. I did the same as you, i mounted my rezzies on the bumper . It looks like red eyes on our green plastic. Lost my digital camera waiting to get it back when i do ill post some pics for you . Might give you some ideas for your other quad seeing that its green.

wvspeedfreak
04-29-2008, 07:09 PM
That is looking really good.I think building them is half the fun.

jread14
04-30-2008, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
That is looking really good.I think building them is half the fun.

Thanks... I am with you on that. I am chomping at the bit and ready to do the black one now... :D

hotquads1
04-30-2008, 11:40 AM
looks nice !!