PDA

View Full Version : aftermarke hoods and lights?

ttied07
04-29-2008, 08:45 AM
I'm looking at getting a new hood to dress up the look of my r, but from what I can see in pictures of some hoods on other quads it looks like a lot of the aftermarket hoods block the stock headlights. Is this true? And if it is, is there any hoods that allow the stock headlights to keep their functionality and still look sweet?

kawabunga
04-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Most hoods you have to straight up remove the headlights.

If you want the hood that bad and still need headlights you could always opt to buy some trailtech headlights. They have some that you can mount on your handlebars.

Or, you can do what I do and have a hood but switch it out with my headlights when I want them. When I race I put the hood in, trail riding I put my headlights back in. It's not difficult at all and takes no time to swap.

ttied07
04-29-2008, 11:59 AM
yeah i figured that would be the case. I ride mostly trails and the DNR requires all riders to have their head lights on at all times, so I definitely need to keep the lights. Oh well, looks like I'll just have to keep it stock

kawabunga
04-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Where is Little Chute?
Do you know where either Menomonie or Medford, WI is?

ttied07
04-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Little Chute is connected to Appleton and about 20mi south of Green Bay. I think I know where Menominee is, I have a cottage in Mountain area which is near Menominee.

kawabunga
04-29-2008, 01:40 PM
I think you're thinking about the wrong place. I looked up the Menominee you mentioned and that's not where I'm at.
I go to school at UW-Stout in Menomonie, WI. It's about an hour west of the cities in MN.

Are there some good trails down your way?

ttied07
04-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Sorry, wrong one. But near Appleton there isn't a whole lot of trails, but by my cottage there is a system called the Dusty Trails and they're pretty nice. Combined with the Woodland Trail system they have something like 150 miles of trails. Like the name says they get really dusty at times, but it's still fun. That's where I mostly ride but this year I'll be taking some trips to Black River Trails (or something like that) and those are also in WI somewhere.

Scro
04-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Contact xsr_racing28c. He is the owner of Fourwerx. He makes a sweet carbon fiber hood that replaces the stock hood but allows you to keep the headlights. www.fourwerx.com

jason_david1
04-29-2008, 02:55 PM
quad tech makes a hood that allows you to keep your headlight. in fact i am selling one if you are interested give me your email address and i will send you a pic

ttied07
04-29-2008, 03:13 PM
you can email me at ttiede@wisc.edu w/ price and pics, thanks a lot

kawabunga
04-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by ttied07
Sorry, wrong one. But near Appleton there isn't a whole lot of trails, but by my cottage there is a system called the Dusty Trails and they're pretty nice. Combined with the Woodland Trail system they have something like 150 miles of trails. Like the name says they get really dusty at times, but it's still fun. That's where I mostly ride but this year I'll be taking some trips to Black River Trails (or something like that) and those are also in WI somewhere.

Black River Falls has some really nice trails. You shouldn't be disappointed going there.