PDA

View Full Version : E-ton carb / chock

etondaddy
04-29-2008, 03:31 AM
OK I have my buddies little girls e-ton thunder that will not start...... they cranked the battery dead twice and have the thing flooded...... I have comp. and spark... and it will run on either. I’ve never messed with a stock carb until last night I took it off and cleaned it real good. Now that electric choke thing...... I'm assuming that it quit working and that’s why it would not start and then the flood came......... I have a weak test light from the harness connector....... and if I put power to the chock motor it just sits there............. I'm not sure how it works........... help :grr:
I guess I'm looking for a good chock motor or someone that can tell how it works. :huh

Mike Kozura

markvette
04-29-2008, 09:38 AM
cant help you with the choke but i know years ago when we ran the stock carb on bubbas old txl 90 the choke didnt work and it would still start. might want to check the crank seals. best thing to do on the carb is to see if you can find one that someone took off a predator. they have a hand choke on them.

Mark

etondaddy
04-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Yeah..... it's flooded now I'm going to flame it out and then put the carb back on and try it like I said it runs on either.......... I gave up last night had to go up stairs and watch the Celtics game. If you put power to that choke motor it shoud do something I would think..... but not real sure how it works. I can get a manual chock kit from E-Ton for like 30 bucks and the owner is like him-haulin about it .... it's one of those favor things you know I'm going to get screwed some how

Mike Kozura