PDA

View Full Version : E-ton carb / chock

etondaddy
04-29-2008, 03:29 AM
OK I have my buddies little girls e-ton thunder that will not start...... they cranked the battery dead twice and have the thing flooded...... I have comp. and spark... and it will run on either. I’ve never messed with a stock carb until last night I took it off and cleaned it real good. Now that electric chock thing...... I'm assuming that it quit working and that’s why it would not start and then the flood came......... I have a weak test light from the harness connector....... and if I put power to the choke motor it just sits there............. I'm not sure how it works........... help :grr:
I guess I'm looking for a good chock motor or someone that can tell how it works. :huh

Mike Kozura

Bill Lemans
05-07-2008, 07:35 AM
I had the same issue awhile back on my sons axl 50 lightnening.The choke is crap.

Tell him to get the manual choke kit. Mine had the 16mm carb and even after I put on the manual choke,the seat and seal went bad on the choke plunger.( or that happened first and screwed up the electric choke if it cocked in the bore)

Either way, after talking to a few eton people, they're thoughts were the same on the electric choke.
I beleive that's why they came with manual choke after enough complaints

After replacing that, all was good.:)