PDA

View Full Version : What puts a quad in its class??

blacknblue#2
04-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Ok this may be a dumb question but im just bored at work and startin conversation. But ive always been curious like when im lookin at classifieds guys will put "A class bike".....What puts these quads in their class and how are they rated. Take my quad for example It has long travel elka/houser front, GTT rear, HRC headpipe with motoworks slip-on. HC stage 2, KN filter and jetted. What class would it be? Locally i run pro and A and do pretty good but nationally i would be like B........and i have saw quads locally do decent in A class with stock revalves and a slip-on exhaust..........So what decides what class a quad is lol.

BlaineKaiser450
04-28-2008, 10:15 PM
i guess its just to what extent the mods are done too. For referance, id call yours a B class bike

bwamos
04-29-2008, 06:38 AM
Opinion determines...

From our standpoint.. we'd probably put it at a B-Class. Only thing keeping it from A Class would be port work and some rear beadlocks.

It's all opinion based, though. Your quad is probably closer to an A-Class quad than the other one was. ;)

Mine on the other hand, has all of the bells and whistles. Only thing I havent done to it is stroke it. But, it's still a C-Class quad.. lol. (300ex.. lol)

Nac's22
04-29-2008, 08:51 AM
i always thought it was just the class that the quad was raced in that always seemed to make perfect sence to me..... i thought it was that simple :confused:

chris46250r
04-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by TRR440EX
i always thought it was just the class that the quad was raced in that always seemed to make perfect sence to me..... i thought it was that simple :confused:

Yeah, the skill of the rider determined A B or C not what parts you got on it.

jherbie28
04-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by chris46250r
Yeah, the skill of the rider determined A B or C not what parts you got on it.

thank god someone gets it:p i see people with tons of money in there bikes and cant ride for crap. the rider is the determaning(sp) factor in wich class.

blacknblue#2
04-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Yeah thats what i always said. The rider determines what class not the quad. Thats why i couldnt understand selling a quad as like and A class quad when the next guy that buys it may be a c class guy.............and oh yeah i got rear beadlocks too just didnt think to add everything lol :p

bwamos
04-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Of course the rider determines the class. But, in general the quads in a class have a average level of modification to be competitive.

The rider wins the races, but the equipment adds the competitive edge.

A Pro or A level racer will generally have faster lap times on a fully modified ATV than they would on a bone stock ATV.

I agree that selling or labeling a quad as an A-Class, B-Class, etc.. quad is a bit wonky, because anyone who would know what that meant, would already know if it was of that calibur or not. So it's a bit unnecessary, IMHO.

Nick110
04-29-2008, 03:32 PM
When a person labels it A class, then it means that it is good enough to run A class. To an extent it has nothing to do with what parts are on it, just to show you that this quad was raced in A class.