PDA

View Full Version : I'm pretty pumped

RideRed84
04-28-2008, 10:03 PM
So after a long 6 year journey I'm 2 weeks away from graduating Illinois State University with a Bachelor's in Industrial Technology. To top it off I interviewed with a company that recruited at school and I was one of three finalists for the job. I knew it wouldn't be easy because I was going up some stiff competition. On guy is an award winner in my major and has a GPA over 3.50. Anyways after 3 interviews and a drug/background check I got the job. I start 2 weeks after graduation as an Industrial Engineer and the starting pay is 10,000 more then I had expected. Looks like I'm gettin that 450R this summer.

toomeyshee87
04-28-2008, 11:28 PM
sweet man it must feel good to be done! how did you like the u of i? my brother lives by urbana and goes to parkland.

kawabunga
04-29-2008, 06:34 AM
That's awesome! I'm in college right now as well, gonna be a senior next year but not graduating, and I am really hoping I can run into some of the same luck you had with getting the job. I know persistance and determination pays off, I just really hope I can find the opportunity. Congrats on the new job!

RideRed84
04-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks, good luck with your job hunt kawa.

Toomey, ISU is in Normal, U of I is in urbana. But the times I partied at U of I were awesome, lol

toomeyshee87
04-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by RideRed84
Thanks, good luck with your job hunt kawa.

Toomey, ISU is in Normal, U of I is in urbana. But the times I partied at U of I were awesome, lol

oh lol i guess i read that too fast and didnt think anything of it.
and yes, partying down at the U is a blast, those campus bars are fun:D

c450Razy
04-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Industrial Engineering is what iam going into in the fall... my major that is..