PDA

View Full Version : for people who film mx

WhiteYFZ
04-28-2008, 08:20 PM
My friend has a sony vx2000 and is going to come to the track one day and wants to do some filming. What do you guys use to keep the roost off the camera and protect it if your kinda close? do you use fish eye's at all?

thanks
espo

Fred55
04-28-2008, 08:37 PM
I dont know about video cameras but I know for the SLRs and im sure you do as well, I would think like a UV filter would work and its a lot cheaper than a new lens .

FoxRacing81
04-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by WhiteYFZ
My friend has a sony vx2000 and is going to come to the track one day and wants to do some filming. What do you guys use to keep the roost off the camera and protect it if your kinda close? do you use fish eye's at all?

thanks
espo

UV Filter. That's what I use on my Panasonic DVX100A. Throw it on and you should never have to remove it. Protects the lense.

The best way is to avoid it though, because you can damage a lot more then just lense by letting roost come in contact. No need for that. There isn't really anything designed for roost protection that I've heard of, other then maybe an underwater kit, but I think that would be a definite overkill. Just be careful.

shftmx300ex
05-01-2008, 06:02 PM
i have a canon gl2 its pretty sick umm idk if he has a lens hood but you can use those or just put on a uv filter like he said..i also use a fish eye lens but it depends on if its up close filming or far away