PDA

View Full Version : NIGHT RACE at BPG Who's in???

dan harris
04-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Our only race this year at the Proving Grounds is coming up fast this Memorial Day Weekend. Saturday Night May 24 we will hold our second annual Night Race at the park.

We will be lighting up the big track, and will have fun fair classes for everyone from beginner to expert. There are no clubs or districts to join, just sign up and race. If your under 18 you will need a parent present to sign a waiver.

We will run two moto's per class, the best combined score will win the class. In order to make sure we have time to run two moto's we will be starting earlier this year and will run staggered gates. This means once one class takes off and is past the first couple turns we will set the next class up and let them go. This will help the classes to move faster. Races will be 5 laps for the first moto and 4 laps for the second moto.

We have great memorable plaques made up for awards along with tee shirts and baseball hats and other door prizes.

That weekend we have a free cook out on Sunday and open practice all weekend long.

So who's gonna be here????

quad2xtreme
04-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Dan,

I am planning to be there Friday through Monday. Hoping there are enough entries to field a 40+ quad class...otherwise, I will race in another class...if I get a 2 second handicap for every year. :D

I was really hoping Barry would be running in the 40+ class this year. BTW, he is doing much better now but says he still isn't in any shape to hit an mx track.

/Jon

Snowskidr
04-29-2008, 11:49 AM
i plan on racing if there is a bike class:D

quad2xtreme
04-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Snowskidr
i plan on racing if there is a bike class:D

They are definitely having bike classes too; however, people with "snow" or "rain" in their forum name are not allowed at Breezewood on weekends. ;)

jherbie28
04-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
They are definitely having bike classes too; however, people with "snow" or "rain" in their forum name are not allowed at Breezewood on weekends. ;)

:devil:............good luck jon

MX MaNiAc 06
04-29-2008, 07:01 PM
i planned on coming memorial day weekend. but sunday and monday

05Z400rdr
04-29-2008, 08:50 PM
I wish so bad that I could come!!! :( We have a PAMX race that weekend, maybe if it gets rained out and rescheduled, I'll be there! :) haha.

Hope you have another great turnout Dan!!! :cool:

Landon

dan harris
04-30-2008, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
I wish so bad that I could come!!! :( We have a PAMX race that weekend, maybe if it gets rained out and rescheduled, I'll be there! :) haha.

Hope you have another great turnout Dan!!! :cool:

Landon

The PAMX series has like a dozen races this year! Breezewood Proving Grounds is only having ONE. It will be an event NOT to Miss!!!

Great practice all day Friday and Saturday - NIGHT RACING SATURDAY NIGHT and a Free cookout and more riding on Sunday!!

.....Great plaques, prizes and give aways !!!

flyboy62
04-30-2008, 05:08 PM
i might race in a begginers class. i dont really feel comfterible on the big track. i love the rythem track!

jesseweaver
04-30-2008, 05:33 PM
i really need to get to this track sometime, all i hear is good about it. i never have a ride over there though, its about a 2.5 hour drive and im dam close to just riding my quad out.:D:mad:

dan harris
05-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Flyboy, you'll be fine on the big track.

Jesse, 2.5 hours isn't that bad. Alot of our riders travel 3 plus hours to get here for a weekend of riding.

Memorial Day weekend will be an event not to miss. With the night race on Saturday, a free cookout on Sunday and great riding all weekend.

trxwannbe
05-01-2008, 06:27 AM
i know a couple of guys from neatv went down there not to long ago and a couple drove 12 hours from maine and said it was more than worth it.

jesseweaver
05-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by dan harris

Jesse, 2.5 hours isn't that bad. Alot of our riders travel 3 plus hours to get here for a weekend of riding.

i know its not that far. other than sleepy hollow thats about the closest track. my dad hates quads and wont take me anywhere and i dont get my liscense till september, but ill be up there sometime this summer, a bunch of my friends go. if not, ill for sure by up when i get my liscense.

quad2xtreme
05-01-2008, 03:56 PM
I have some nice tracks within 1.5 hrs of Raleigh (Birch Creek, NCMP, Cow Branch - scary supercross style track, and Jacksonville MX) and I still make the 7 hr trek to visit Dan, Amanda, Abbie, and friends at Breezewood. It is a great environment for riding and hanging out all weekend.

flyboy62
05-01-2008, 04:57 PM
it takes us 5 to get there but we pull a toyhauler. if i go with YFZRB i can get there in like 3.5 hrs.

wvspeedfreak
05-01-2008, 06:10 PM
We are 2 hours from Breezewood and we go fairly often.Actually,we drive past 2 other tracks that are closer but don't even compare to Breezewood in my opinion.

Dan,are you having kids classes at the night race?Austin said he would like to ride on the big track.

Jon,I would offer to sign up in the 40+ class with you but there are 2 problems.One....I am 36 years old.....Two....you would probably get tired of lapping me :D

400ex28
05-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Ahh I wish i lived a little closer... mabe make it up there some day.

Les Davis
05-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak

Jon,I would offer to sign up in the 40+ class with you but there are 2 problems.One....I am 36 years old.....Two....you would probably get tired of lapping me :D

Jason us old guys could always race on the kids track and have an all out 1 lap sprint. I'd probably still be tired:blah:

wvspeedfreak
05-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Les Davis
Jason us old guys could always race on the kids track and have an all out 1 lap sprint. I'd probably still be tired:blah:

Haha,no doubt.Les check your pm's.

quad2xtreme
05-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Les Davis

or maybe a team event where we pretend we are doing a 12 hour enduro...but we just do 4 laps. :D

I thought 35+ would be good too...I just don't need to be racing against a 30 yr old...that isn't old yet. :)

norris19
05-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
i really need to get to this track sometime, all i hear is good about it. i never have a ride over there though, its about a 2.5 hour drive and im dam close to just riding my quad out.:D:mad:

where in PA do you live? it's about a 3.5 to 4 hour drive for me (from susquehanna, pa...an hour north of scranton), and I would love to go down for a weekend and ride, but can never seem to find anyone willing to head down with me.

jesseweaver
05-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by norris19
where in PA do you live? it's about a 3.5 to 4 hour drive for me (from susquehanna, pa...an hour north of scranton), and I would love to go down for a weekend and ride, but can never seem to find anyone willing to head down with me.

i live in ephrata, in norther lancaster county. its like 2.5-3 hours for me but i cant drive till september but i have a couple friends that can so we'll for sure be out there a few times this summer.

jesseweaver
05-02-2008, 07:55 PM
i just checked it out on mapquest, your pretty far away and not really on the way to breezewood.

im gonna go out there sometime for like a week though. we have a cabin in three springs, ill stay there then breezewood is like 30 mins, the rocket is about 2 minutes away, panther hollow is out that way and theres a couple more tracks in that area. maybe i should just move out there cause theres NOTHING over here.