PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the R.A.C.!!! Pa riders

Got4wd?
04-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Why is it the RAC only give out a certain number of permits a year?! BUT..... will give out a free permit to a MEMBER if they snitch someone else who doesn't?! We're just trying to do the same thing.....RIDE!!!! 22,000 acres and only 1000 permits available????? F* that! NEVER BUYING A PERMIT AND WILL RIDE FOR FREE!!!!!!!! :grr:

04-29-2008, 03:39 AM
i am guessing a permit holder turned you in...
they own the land, they can make the rules...stay off if you don't have a permit...it is that simple...
giving a free permit is incentive to help keep the property owners rules in place...and they don' t have to let anybody on at all

sully55
04-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Get a life dude. Its riders like you who ruin the spots for the rest of us. As mentioned above, its their land to do what they want with it. Here is an idea, get organized, and apply for your permit when they first go on sale. Also, see about enrolling in an anger management course. Happy riding

Got4wd?
04-29-2008, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Got4wd?
[B]Why is it the Anthracite......

Yea, I was a little peeved last night, just don't understand about paying to ride. I wanted to voice MY opinion about a subject people face. (be it a statement or question) I'm not trying to ruin the GREAT riding the R.A.C. owns, for anyone! I DON'T agree with the snitching OR the lack of permits they issue. I can't ride cause there are no permits left? And if I do get snitched on.....? I give alot of business to local towns. (gas, food, beer. A couple times a year) There are bad apples out there, I agree to that! I'm not one! I take out what I bring in, so I can come back. Just want to have a place to enjoy my ride. It baffles my exhaust and it grinds my sprockets!!:huh

CD400EX
04-30-2008, 03:30 PM
The 1000 permit limit has probably got something to do with insurance. If they sold an unlimited amount of permits it would be a sea of riders like Paragon was. It also makes perfect sence that they give you a free permit for snitching. Basically they now have 1000 security gaurds that pay to keep watch over the place. Good thing I got off my *** and got my permit on the first day it was offered (#89 :) ). The early bird gets the worm.

Evader53
04-30-2008, 05:15 PM
First off, stop crying.

Second, RAC is still selling permits, they have not run out, so stop using the excuse that you couldn't get a permit.

Now, the whole turning in people is great. It provides an incentive to other riders who ACTUALLY PAY to ride there, and helps to keep the land patrolled by the people who ride it.

Also, I talked to Donna, the lady who sells the permits, and she said that they sold an unlimited amount last year, even though the original limit was 800. She also said the same will probably happen this year, as long as there is demand.

YOU have NO right to ride on RAC's land without a permit, but permit holders have EVERY right to turn you in. It is illegal and irresponsible riders like you who ride on land for which you aren't allowed and get places shut down.

I have ran into security 5 times up at RAC, and they get fed up with people riding the property without permits.

Go buy a permit, quit your whining, ride legally.

If not, I sure hope you're up riding when I am, I'd love to get my free permit next year!

Got4wd?
04-30-2008, 06:00 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Evader53
First off, stop crying......

Well you seem up on this permit sh*t.
So how do I get hold of this Donna lady? How much is one of these things? It only lasts one year? It's good for ALL R.A.C. property? OR.... give me a link with all the info so I never have to run into any of you. :tired:

CD400EX
05-01-2008, 03:33 PM
You have to go down to the office in Pottsville, sign the form and give them $100 cash. I forget the adress but it's across the street from the Yuengling brewery and yes we did the tour afterwards.