PDA

View Full Version : Got Arens Frame? I Need Your Help! Please...

danhung11
04-28-2008, 06:42 PM
I need some help with a couple pictures of the Aren's Framed R.

The specific areas that I need are:

1) Head Stay
2) Rear Brake Pedal

Any and all pics would be greatly appreciated. My email is danhung11@gmail.com if it is easier. :ermm:

Thanks so much guys! I promise to keep you posted once I have this thing rolling. It's close! :devil:

the_hulkamaniac
04-29-2008, 03:27 AM
WHat if any problems are you having?

Head stay as in upper motor mount on the cylinder head. It should accept an oem. The arens frame was supposed to accept most of the original parts.

Rear brake pedal I'm going to say this right or wrong, should be from a 98 cr250.

I have never had an arens frame but if I am wrong hopefuly someone will set it right.

danhung11
04-29-2008, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by the_hulkamaniac
WHat if any problems are you having?

Head stay as in upper motor mount on the cylinder head. It should accept an oem. The arens frame was supposed to accept most of the original parts.

Rear brake pedal I'm going to say this right or wrong, should be from a 98 cr250.

I have never had an arens frame but if I am wrong hopefuly someone will set it right.

Oem head stay does not fit. The head stay is too wide and my frame is NOT bent.

Brake pedal I need a picture of it to see it engaged and disengaged.

Thanks,
Dan

mxracer97
04-29-2008, 09:40 AM
These are the best pictures I have of the upper motor mount on my Arens frame. The mount should have come with your frame, but I also had some fitment issues. I had to shim the mount to one side using spacer washers between the frame and mount on one side in order for it to line up with my head stay.

http://i32.tinypic.com/qyu92w.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/2uh7ioy.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/ri95yg.jpg

Also, you will need a rear brake pedal, mounting bolt, spring, and seals from a '96 CR250 (I believe it's a '96, but I could be wrong on the year). There were still some clearance issues with this brake pedal. I had to use '86 footpegs and grind the inside corner down some so the brake pedal wouldn't hit when it was depressed. I also had to grind on the brake pedal & kick starter a bit because the kick starter would just hit and stick in the down position when you tried to start the motor. Hope this helps.

http://i30.tinypic.com/ej63rb.jpg

havinnoj
04-29-2008, 01:49 PM
I like those color matched exhaust o-rings :macho

the_eddy
04-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Are you missing your upper head stay mount???? I have an arens frame and may have an extra would have to do a bit of digging let me no the_eddy75@hotmail.com

danhung11
04-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by the_eddy
Are you missing your upper head stay mount???? I have an arens frame and may have an extra would have to do a bit of digging let me no the_eddy75@hotmail.com

YES! I am missing the head stay mount. I would greatly appreciate it if you could dig it up.

Let me know what you want for it.

I have been trying to find one for a while but no luck, I contacted Jon Arens, but he never called back or responded to my emails.

mxracer97 - Thanks for the pics! Looking real good! We are going to have similar setups. Aren's standard linkage with LSR Swingarm. My question is, do you have clearance issues with the Skid Plate? Mine is mounted up and it looks like it will hit.

Did ESR build that motor? Details?

Thanks again for all the help. BTW your lower rear motor nut does not appear to be tight. ;)

Dan

mxracer97
04-30-2008, 09:18 AM
Dan,

Yeah, the motor mount nut probably wasn't tight at the time the pictures were taken, but that was about 3 years ago!

I did not have any clearance issues with the swingarm skid. I just used the spacers provided with the AC Racing skid plate and everything bolted up fine (I am not running a chain guide though). I also am running a stock length '88 LSR swingarm with the stock '88 linkage. I do know the '86 linkage has a longer "dog bone" link which makes the whole linkage sit lower. If you are using an '86 linkage, this could be causing your clearance issue.

The motor was built by ESR. They rebuilt the bottom end and put a 310 kit on it with their low/mid range porting. They also put the CR ignition on it, which in my opinion was well worth the money. I was constantly having electrical issues with the stock 15 year old electrical system. The motor has been running great for the past 3 years with zero issues.

Good luck on your project, I know sometimes it can get frustrating when things don't go right, but it's well worth it all in the end.

danhung11
04-30-2008, 08:56 PM
what does they spring on the bottom of pedal do?

woodsracer144
05-08-2008, 12:24 PM
hey dan if you dont mind me askin mxtracer97 what that little plate at teh bottom of his jug does for him... or if some one els could help me? is it for a stroker or what?