PDA

View Full Version : yfz better? 450R dominate

One_Bad_400
04-28-2008, 05:51 PM
why for all these years when the yamaha and hannah first hit there 450 untill now all these other 450's have come into play.. all of the magazines said the yamaha is SO much better a better racer blah blah blah... but for the past years the honda has DOMINATED everything..?? i was just wondering if yamaha would like pay magz to say that stuff?

ohsobad_chevy
04-28-2008, 05:53 PM
.......It all boils down to the pilot of the machine. Yamaha, honda, suzuki.....it doesn't matter, it is all personal preference. :rolleyes:

04-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
why for all these years when the yamaha and hannah first hit there 450 untill now all these other 450's have come into play.. all of the magazines said the yamaha is SO much better a better racer blah blah blah... but for the past years the honda has DOMINATED everything..?? i was just wondering if yamaha would like pay magz to say that stuff?

if you read dirtwheels then yes yamaha does pay them. its stupid yamaha will always come out on top in dirtwheels and all the other magazines ay something other

my88r
04-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400

don't always listen to mags.:rolleyes:

04-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Might have to do with the fact dirtwheels tested bone stock machines? Give them pro level race quads to test and decide.

04'400ex'er
04-29-2008, 03:26 AM
To be honest, I think that the Yamaha is a better MX machine in stock form. The bike sits much lower to the ground, has more suspension travel, and better MX ergronomics.

A highly modified bike, however, is a totally different story. The frame geometry of the Honda is excellent, and the engine is capable of tons of power. I just think the Honda takes better to extensive Pro-Class mods.

I also believe that Dirt Wheels and other magazines are biased to the Yamaha, but we all know the truth!

Draven
04-30-2008, 12:57 AM
Me and my cousin discuss this ALL the time. We ride typically with 10-20 people on a given weekend during the summer and id say, 3-5 have yamahas(450s) and 3 of us have hondas(450s), of the yamas 100% of them are junk. One guys engine just totally blew after he got it from dealer though he does ride hard it should not matter cuz he maintenances it properly. while 1 ran decent it still was not as fast, with everyone given a chance to ride it, as the hondas and personally it was uncomfortable which a few others agreed.

Now after getting modifications on a buddies honda it blows em away(stock or equally moded. Though one guy is ported and polished and honda is just a big bore). Other then my bros stock 07 which from what ive heard is an awful year with problems for some reason.

Oh yea and 3 of the kids went out and got craptors so we just pull the shees out and show em how we do :]

While im posting since i don't do this often and i don't want to stray away from the topic, what do you guys think about the ktm? 525 sounds so nice.