PDA

View Full Version : HLS Suspensions

mcwilly
04-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Since I'm in the market for some new front shocks ('07 400EX) I was wondering if anybody had any input on the HLS Suspensions. They look to be from the same company as HMF. Prices seem to be pretty reasonable.
hls suspension link (http://www.hlssuspension.com)

bradley300
04-28-2008, 03:22 PM
its a partnership between HMF and GT Thunder. Theyt are hands down the best shocks ive ever ridden, ive had works, elkas and stock rebuilds.

to get this performance out of say an elka or works, you'll have to buy them, then send them to GT Thunder for new valving and piston so cost vs. performance they cant be beat

mcwilly
04-28-2008, 03:50 PM
:eek2:
Sent you a PM.

04-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
its a partnership between HMF and GT Thunder. Theyt are hands down the best shocks ive ever ridden, ive had works, elkas and stock rebuilds.

to get this performance out of say an elka or works, you'll have to buy them, then send them to GT Thunder for new valving and piston so cost vs. performance they cant be beat

They are better than stock rebuilds? So your saying if you sent your stock shocks to GTT they arent as good as the HLS shocks?

Fred55
04-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
They are better than stock rebuilds? So your saying if you sent your stock shocks to GTT they arent as good as the HLS shocks?

I believe it, you can only get hi-flow pistons for some stock rebuilds, but you get it with all the HLS.

04TRX400EX
04-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Those are some pretty bold statements for a new shock company, especially at those price points. I know GT Thunder does great things with rebuilds and such though.

I'd be interested to hear some more opinions from those who have tried different setups and can form an accurate comparison.

When are they going to be available instead of just "preproduction" like it says online?

04-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Fred55
I believe it, you can only get hi-flow pistons for some stock rebuilds, but you get it with all the HLS.

i'm pretty sure my 450r fronts and 400ex rear can accept the high flow pistons therefore i cant see how the HLS would be any better.

bradley300
04-29-2008, 05:16 AM

well let me clarify, my stock yfz rebuilds i had on my yfz still had the stock pistons, the pistons in the HLS shock are also designed by laz and way better flowing than the stockers. you can get stock rebuilds with the new pistons now, but you couldnt when i had mine done

but to answer your question, my stock yfz rebuilds (with the stock pistons) did not ride as well as my LT raptor 250 w/ HLS shocks does

bradley300
04-29-2008, 05:20 AM
i'm pretty sure my 450r fronts and 400ex rear can accept the high flow pistons therefore i cant see how the HLS would be any better.

i think the HLS shocks are more focused on quads w/ non rebuildable shocks, like front 400ex shocks, 300ex's, raptor 250's, older z400 front shocks... i cant tell you for sure if HLS is better or worse than a stock rebuild w/ the new pistons

bradley300
04-29-2008, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by 04TRX400EX
Those are some pretty bold statements for a new shock company, especially at those price points. I know GT Thunder does great things with rebuilds and such though.

I'd be interested to hear some more opinions from those who have tried different setups and can form an accurate comparison.

When are they going to be available instead of just "preproduction" like it says online?

they are for sale for the DRR mini quads front and rear, i know that for sure, they should be ready by now for raptor 250 fronts and the rears are on the way. the best thing to do is just call about a specific model tho

bradley300
04-29-2008, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by 04TRX400EX

i cant compare against another raptor 250 shock, but i can compare the difference in stock vs.aftermarket between the set ups ive ridden which would be:

stock blaster
stock raptor 250
stock predator
stock 300ex
SMS +3+1 LT blaster w/ elka rez, comp/ rebound adjust
Laeger +3+1 LT blaster w/ elka rez, comp/rebound adjust
Burgaurd +2+1 std. travel blaster, rez, no adjust
stock a-arms 300ex, elka no adjust, no rez
ATV Fourplay/GTT YFZ xc kit, stock rebuilds, stock pistons
bone stock predator
SMS +3+2 LT raptor 250, HLS no rez, no adjust

the HLS gave the most improvement over stock that i have felt, as feeling the best hands down over any of those other set ups

Colby@C&DRacing
04-29-2008, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Fred55

We have high flow pistons to fit all the stock shocks as well as all the aftermarket shocks.

04-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
We have high flow pistons to fit all the stock shocks as well as all the aftermarket shocks.

yeah so I would have no benefit at all going with HLS because all 3 of my shocks are rebuildable and can have high flow pistons just like HLS. Colby I heard your prices on the 450r fronts and 400ex rear revlave/respring went up to $800? Is this true?