PDA

View Full Version : Carb

11-07-2001, 10:08 AM
I HAVE A QUESTION? LET ME GIVE YOU THE RUN DOWN ON MY BIKE AND MAYBE YOU GUYS CAN HELPE.I HAVE A 400EX, JETTED, 14 TH SPROCKET, FULL DMC SYSTEM,CDI REV ,ALUMINUM AIRBOX NO LID WITH K&N FILTER. I WANT TO GO FASTER. I KNOW ABT THE THROTTLE ADJ AND IM DOING THAT TONIGHT TO ADD 25% MORE. NOW WHAT DO I DO IN REGARDS TO CARB, I REALLY DONT WANT TO BORE THE ENGINE SOME PEOPEL SAY THAT ITS PROBLEMATIC.HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO BORE IT INCLUDING THE KIT? ALSO I RIDE EVRYTHING, SAND AND BAJA SO ITS HARD RIDING, I WANT SPPED BUT RELIABILITY. WHOULD IT BE ALSO GOOD TO BY A EDELBROCK CARB? PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

oynot400
11-07-2001, 10:39 AM
I have the FCR and love it, well worth the money and time to get dialed in. I don't know where everyone gets the idea that going to a larger displacement is going to damage the engine. Yes it will cut down on the life of the engine, in time. But if you take care of it you should have many years of riding left in it. ;)

11-07-2001, 10:55 AM
HOW MUCH WOULD IT ALL COST TO BORE IT OUT WITH EVERYTHING

oynot400
11-07-2001, 12:39 PM
When I put in my 440 kit I think it cost about $75-80 to have it resleeved. I would guess that it would be less than that to bore it to match a piston. I would be guessing again if I said about $100 for piston and boring, I just don't know. Go to you Honda dealer and ask them where they recomend or they might know.
Good luck :)

11-07-2001, 01:06 PM
I WENT TO MY HONDA DEALER, THEY SEND THEY DONT RECOMMEND IT BCUZ ILL BLOW OUT THE HEAD GASKETS

kc 300EX
11-07-2001, 01:25 PM
Dont listen to any dealers, especially not Honda Dealers, im sorry, they are just all bone heads

A bore into you stock liner is about 30 dollars, give or take, if it needs tbe resleeved, its about 100, give or take.

For example, a larger bore piston would be probly around 100 dollars, then add 30 more for the bore and installation

If you bought say a 440 kit, its like 260 or something, it comes with piston, pins, circlips, big bore head gasket and new sleeve. Installation of that kit would be like 100 dollars

oynot400
11-07-2001, 02:15 PM
I have had my 440 done for almost a year now and have never had a problem with a head gasket or anything. When mine was done they planed the jug and head to insure that it would be flat and would match.