PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Cable

havinnoj
04-28-2008, 12:51 AM
Anybody know if there is a throttle cable out there that doesn't have the threaded adjuster on the end?

I need a cable with just the cable and ends -- no adjuster.

mineralgrey01gt
04-28-2008, 08:23 AM
I know the stock 86 cable isnt a screw in type cable for sure. Possibly other year model cables also? Besides the 85 cable which is a screw in type

troybilt
04-28-2008, 10:48 AM
have you tried motion pro? They have just about every cable imaginable.Click Here (http://www.motionpro.com/)

havinnoj
04-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Yup I did some more research on this and think I found what I'm looking for.

If anybody has one that would work, PM me. Terry Cable also makes nice braided ones :macho

danhung11
04-28-2008, 06:55 PM
What length do you need and are the ends the same as an R?

Dan

havinnoj
04-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
What length do you need and are the ends the same as an R?

Dan

Not sure on the length -- something like stock I assume -- I'm not with the bike to measure. And I believe the ends are the same as stock. The carb is a 39pwk.

You have something in your garage dan?

danhung11
04-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by havinnoj
Not sure on the length -- something like stock I assume -- I'm not with the bike to measure. And I believe the ends are the same as stock. The carb is a 39pwk.

You have something in your garage dan?

I have three different R cables on three OEM throttles. Go figure. All are different, each with it's specific adjustment designs - one no adjustment...I think.

Also, I have NIP 2 Honda cables and 1 Kawasawki. Don't know what they fit, but they are old and Motion Pro has since changed their part #'s. :(

I can get pics if needed, I am only keeping the one on my airstryker since it is the newest and I also have a NIP R cable as a backup. :D To answer your question... I might have something that will work. ;)

Is this for your new project?

Dan

havinnoj
04-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Dan, if one of your cables fits a pwk carb and stock throttle housing then thats what I need. But the threaded piece needs to be removable or non-existent.

It's for the blue/black bike -- I put a terry cable throttle on it and it doesn't use as much cable as stock so I'm unable to take up enough slack.

Keep me posted. No rush.

twisted threads
04-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Ill see what I got laying around also. I know I have 2 or 3 carbs in the shop that might have cables.:cool:

danhung11
04-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Dan, if one of your cables fits a pwk carb and stock throttle housing then thats what I need. But the threaded piece needs to be removable or non-existent.

It's for the blue/black bike -- I put a terry cable throttle on it and it doesn't use as much cable as stock so I'm unable to take up enough slack.

Keep me posted. No rush.

Does this help? The ones in the bags don't think will work but you can measure and I can compare from pics of the ends. The two on a the ones with throttles are R cables. They are in decent shape, I think you want the one with the stock throttle according to your description.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/000_1096.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/000_1097.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/000_1098.jpg

havinnoj
04-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Dan - I need just a throttle cable - of the ones that will fit an R and PWK carb, which ones have a removable threaded piece that goes into the throttle housing?

danhung11
04-30-2008, 06:58 AM
Dan - I need just a throttle cable - of the ones that will fit an R and PWK carb, which ones have a removable threaded piece that goes into the throttle housing?

I have only had 38 A|S carbs. I think the one with stock throttle cover will work for you.

PM me your address.

mineralgrey01gt
04-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Dan if you EVER want to get rid of that NAC'S racing throttle cover let me know! I have a chrome stock one ill trade you :) ill even throw in a little cash if necessary!