PDA

View Full Version : Frame bolts???

mebcop
04-27-2008, 06:19 PM
How do the bolts in the frame work? Can sections of the frame be replaced instead of having to buy a whole frame? I don't have a problem with mine or anything, just think it's a cool idea especially if pieces can be replaced individually.

nvrpmx
04-27-2008, 08:34 PM
yes you can replace the pieces of the frame individually, just another nice thing about the can-am.

maddmatt02
04-27-2008, 09:18 PM
you sure about that? maybe you can send it to the factory and they can, but arent all the bolts some kinda of aircraft style pich bolt that is tightened so damn much that the bolt breaks off after the nut? how you gonna do that at home?

Punk'd
04-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by maddmatt02
you sure about that? maybe you can send it to the factory and they can, but arent all the bolts some kinda of aircraft style pich bolt that is tightened so damn much that the bolt breaks off after the nut? how you gonna do that at home?

The dealer can order the air tool needed to replace sections I'm sure.

mebcop
04-28-2008, 12:26 AM
That's awesome!!! I'll buy the tool if they'll sell it to me!!!

Punk'd
04-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by mebcop
That's awesome!!! I'll buy the tool if they'll sell it to me!!!

I'm not exactly sure if anyone can buy it but what would be sweet. I'm sure its $$$

grantmi
04-28-2008, 11:02 AM
I believe the DS uses huck bolts. These fastners are used in many industrial applications. You might be able to buy a standard huck bolt gun......but IDK.

Ben Bettis
04-28-2008, 11:39 AM
while you may be able to buy the tool to put new bolts in the quad, the individual peices of the frame are not available. only the 2 bars that run alongside the motor (that are grey in color) are available from the factory as they are removable so the motor can be taken out.

Ben Bettis - Akraix Freestyle