PDA

View Full Version : where to buy factory like bolts?

450raider
04-27-2008, 04:02 PM
havent posted in a while, i guess i coulda put this anywhere, but its essentially for the kfx so here it goes....anyone know where i can find factory like bolts to put back on the kfx, other than a kawi dealer (their just pricey) as it is now ive got hardware store bolts and they say stupid things like "ive got it in a metric but not a standard" and "these aint got the flange" and stick me with washers and it looks tacky, just for the record ive lost a subfame bolt, 1 of the ones that holds the rear fender to the brackets (yeah i replaced the nut with a wingnut on both of em months ago and just now lost one so thats a good thing), and one of those fat ones that holds on the heelguards....and i may have lost a key in the mountains like a doofus :D so i guess i gotta go to a dealer for that, but anyway is there a site that sells em? or would one of those those tusk bolt kits be just what im lookin for?

thanks

billdogg
04-27-2008, 04:14 PM
I got one of those bolt kits from rocky mountain, and they work great. They don't always look like the factory bolt, and the socket size might change, but it's saved me a trip to the hardware store a few times.

450raider
04-27-2008, 05:26 PM
wheww:o good thing someone else can relate, i hate it when you lose a bolt then take another one off with your 8mm socket and take it to the store for comparison, as soon as you hit the door someone rushes right at you, then you show them the bolt and while theyre looking (seriously each and every time) they say "what'd this come off of" i go "four wheeler" they say "what kind" i say "an ole kawasaki" and they say "this sure is cheaper then what the dealer charges" and im thinkin thats good and all now if they were the same thing!!

next thing i know they send me on my way with a little baggy of bolts that are a little too short/long with a 10mm head and a bunch of washers :rolleyes:, so i guess ill try the tusk kit out next

topdollr
04-27-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm lucky my local hardware store hs metric flang bolts; they even have them in stainless steel!