PDA

View Full Version : New toy I picked up Wednesday....

CDALEMX301
04-27-2008, 03:52 PM
Well here it is I picked this up tuesday its fun quiet a bit quicker then my truck...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/cdalemx301/mustangdealer1.jpg

Pipeless416
04-27-2008, 04:07 PM
looks good, i like the rims. are you leaving it stock?

04-27-2008, 04:16 PM
I hate mustangs, I walk over them at every stoplight, the only good one is the 500 and the terminator, but **** the terminator doesn't even have a solid rear axle. Half assed cars from half assed company. I like the color though...

Pipeless416
04-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Prodigal
I hate mustangs, I walk over them at every stoplight, the only good one is the 500 and the terminator, but **** the terminator doesn't even have a solid rear axle. Half assed cars from half assed company. I like the color though...

thats gotta make somebody feel great about their $25k purchase. :rolleyes: personally, i love fords. my family has had nothing but good experience with them, and the company has really picked it up in the last decade or so.

CDALEMX301
04-27-2008, 04:30 PM
HAHA alright so you beat them at every light and don't like mustangs...No biggie everyone is allowed there opinions plus I didn't by it cuz it can set a land speed record or anything haha...It gets better gas mileage then my truck handles better and is faster no complaints from me....What do you drive anyway?

450rJam
04-27-2008, 05:07 PM
he had a post a while back I think he said something about a
ws6 pontiac

I use to be a die hard GM owner and a certified ford hater

your in the minority if you think the mustang isnt bad arse

when general motors couldnt sale enough trans-ams to keep making them (and killed the camaro shortly after)

if it wasnt for dodge jumping into the performance pony cars
ford wouldnt have ANY competition

show some respect son

nice ride cdale, some black ac cobra stripes would finish it off nice

400ex28
04-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Looks great man, have fun with it.

CDALEMX301
04-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Stripes will be added as well as shifter and CAI with tune in the future not to sure what else forced induction would be nice but not cheap so won't be seeing that...

04-27-2008, 06:50 PM
That is really nice man I am in the process of looking for a 2005 and up gt or else a evo 7 or up. That thing would look amazing with the 2 stripes going up it that looks the best on the new mustangs.

MX MaNiAc 06
04-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Sick car man! Who cares what anyone else thinks

D Bergstrom
04-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Nice mustang man, I know you will like it and have some fun in it.

Sounds to me like you are just jealous, they probably do walk all over you and you are just pi**** off about it. Why don't you come race mine? Not having a solid axle has not been a problem so far.:devil:

Doug

blacknblue#2
04-27-2008, 10:40 PM

I seem to be die hard about that "half a**ed" company. I love the mustang but couldnt afford the insurance at 19 when i bought my truck.............oh yeah that reminds me i got a 6500LBS vehicle made by this "half a**ed" company......It has a FEW little add ons with a some kinda of screaming whistle that will bust your ear drums....................Hasnt been a slightly modded WS6 in the county able to touch it yet :D ...................when you cant buy a fast vehicle just trick the insurance and buy a diesel truck lol

04-27-2008, 10:51 PM
that car is bad*****....

an blacknblue that sreamingwhistle is a turbo :rolleyes:

blacknblue#2
04-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by 450killer265R
that car is bad*****....

an blacknblue that sreamingwhistle is a turbo :rolleyes:

lol So thats what that is...........any chance you can tell me why it gets louder when my little boost psi gauge reads 48......................hahaha just messing round with ya man ;)

treake
04-28-2008, 10:04 AM

If you have something better, then share it with everyone. If your going to make comments like that, you have to back them up and you better not put up a picture of a yellow cavalier with an oil can exhaust.

Exrider434
04-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by treake
If you have something better, then share it with everyone. If your going to make comments like that, you have to back them up and you better not put up a picture of a yellow cavalier with an oil can exhaust. Hahahaha

FHKracingZ
04-29-2008, 07:56 AM
black and blue just curious dont they run around 40psi stock on diesel turbos? :confused: :confused:

FourFiftyFour
04-29-2008, 10:22 AM
id rather have a charger myself :D but i really like the color!

parkers30
04-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
black and blue just curious dont they run around 40psi stock on diesel turbos? :confused: :confused:

most run around 20-30 psi. The new 6.4 Powerstroke can hit around 35.

CAT Acert's run over 50 from the factory :cool:

blacknblue#2
04-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ

like stated above me most run around 30......stock mine would barely get up around 30-32 pullin a trailer. some of the newer engines are putting out a little more. a 15 psi boost increase makes a huge difference. The thing that really makes a difference on the 6.0 is making it build boost sooner. They have turbo lag something aweful

blasterfreak99
04-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by CDALEMX301
Stripes will be added as well as shifter and CAI with tune in the future not to sure what else forced induction would be nice but not cheap so won't be seeing that...

nitrous is forced induction and its not really that expensive

04-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by blasterfreak99
nitrous is forced induction and its not really that expensive

spray is teh ghey.

Flyin-Low
04-29-2008, 04:34 PM
I see at least 5 Mustangs everyday on the drive to and from school.. Nice cars and all but are getting kinda' old.

450rJam
04-29-2008, 05:15 PM
nos isnt really forced induction....................

supercharger/blower/turbo are forms of forced induction
they push/pull a larger volume of air into the combustion chamber
making the explosion bigger, usually refered to as boost or charge

nos when heated seperates into nitrogen and oxygen
the loose oxygen atom burns with the combustion making more power

anything you can do to get more oxygen into the combustion chamber the more violent the explosion

Cr85rRida
04-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
I see at least 5 Mustangs everyday on the drive to and from school.. Nice cars and all but are getting kinda' old.

thought i was the only one......i see so many of them its getting annoying. They are sweet but everyone has them... trade it and get the dodge challenger!!

416exfreak
04-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
spray is teh ghey.

Bottles are for babies!;) :devil:

blasterfreak99
05-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
nos isnt really forced induction....................

supercharger/blower/turbo are forms of forced induction
they push/pull a larger volume of air into the combustion chamber
making the explosion bigger, usually refered to as boost or charge

nos when heated seperates into nitrogen and oxygen
the loose oxygen atom burns with the combustion making more power

anything you can do to get more oxygen into the combustion chamber the more violent the explosion

not really true. what are you doing when you put on a turbo/supercharger/blower? injecting more oxygen into the engine. thats the same thing you are doing when you use nitrous. nitrous is oxygen in a bottle. instead of just pushing air into the engine you are spraying it. and whoever says nitrous is for pussies or whatever you wanna say bad about it you go ahead and spend 2-3 grand and put a turbo/supercharger/blower on your ride and ill spend 500 on nitrous and blow your a** away.

EDIT: and NOS is a BRAND of nitrous, thats not what it is actually called so please stop calling it nos unless you are talking about Nitrous Oxide System's product. thats like saying yea man i got powermadd handguards on my quad when you really got acerbis. its just dumb

450rJam
05-01-2008, 04:20 PM
partially true, the nitrous splits into nitrogen and oxygen as its heated

when a company sets the standard, breaks the ground, or basically invents the item the next mfg. plays hell getting the name off of it

your not going to be able to change the way everyone calls things

channel locks ----- just a brand name for adjustable pliers

crescent wrench --adjustable open end wrench

kliens ----------------lineman pliers

many things are refered to in this manner (even food)

nitrous is more of a chemical activation than forced induction

just my .02

blasterfreak99
05-01-2008, 04:31 PM
partially true, the nitrous splits into nitrogen and oxygen as its heated

true, but when you use one of the three boost power adders, you aren't forcing in pure oxygen either. IMO nitrous is the best power adder. with nitrous when you are just cruising you can just not hit the nitrous but if you have a turbo/supercharged/or blown car then you always have that boost, which is harder on your rings, and you also have blow back to deal with which can cause oil leaks, and valve stem seals go bad prematurely and im sure some other stuff will happen. but like i said i like nitrous better. JMO though

450rJam
05-01-2008, 05:59 PM
if you retard your timing to get the most out of the shot, your not going to be at top performance when not using it, or the other way around if you time for motor only

its all good, and nitrous can put some pretty harsh stress on the rings/piston/rods too

it is nice to have the button, I had a old firebird with a strong 455
with a 200 shot. alot of go fast for cheap

there is a guy at the org that runs it on his 450r, bet its a handfull on spray

blasterfreak99
05-01-2008, 07:44 PM
if you retard your timing to get the most out of the shot, your not going to be at top performance when not using it, or the other way around if you time for motor only

yes but i just mean if your just cruising, not out raising hell lol. and i do realize that nitrous does put the extra stress on the motor but what i meant was just when your cruising down to your buddy's house or going to the grocery store lol.

just curious, but what would that firebird run? in the 1/8 or the 1/4 mile

and yes i would say that 450r is wicked! i would love to put nitrous on the old blaster! haha

450rJam
05-01-2008, 08:42 PM
1/4 mile, best was 11.3 @ 124mph / 60'=1.65

alot of spin on the bottom but pretty strong up top

several cars I wish I had kept

DF400ex
05-02-2008, 03:23 AM

Well, tell us how you really feel.