PDA

View Full Version : HT: Repacking An Exhaust

hondarider101
04-27-2008, 11:22 AM
this is a how to on how to repack ure aftermarket exhaust

1: take the bolts out of the back of the exhaust that holds it together. be care full

2: pull the pipe apart. Be care full

3:Remove the old packing from the inside of the exhaust and clean the can and the piece the packing goes around good to get any build up of fried packing off'

4: After buying new packing wrap the packing around the tube and take some Scotch take and tape it at the end so it is easyer to get in. this is recomended.

5.put the can and the tube w/ the packing back inside of each other.

6.Put old bolts back in. Use a little bit of anti seaze, so the next time you repack it they will come out better.

7: screw bolts in.

8: Put it on and have fun!!

hypersnyper6947
05-21-2008, 08:41 PM
do you have any pics of step 4

hondarider101
05-22-2008, 03:19 PM
no i dont i did this a while back and just made a ht. but all u do is cut the lenght of packing to fit and to make it go in easier put tape around it tight.ohh and dont buy fmf packing it sucks.

hypersnyper6947
05-23-2008, 02:34 AM
What packing is good and where can i get it?

hondarider101
05-23-2008, 07:09 PM
i know you can get some from whoever made ure pipe. but mines wb som i ordered fmf which sucked. if i would get some itd be who made the pipe. you can get packing on like rmatv motoworld racing motosport any of those places if u order it before the 26th pm me i have a card that lets u get 10 buxs free w/ purchase of 25 or more and put as much in the pipe as u can.. ask ? if u need help.

IRISH-RACER-14
05-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by hondarider101
this is a how to on how to repack ure aftermarket exhaust

1: take the bolts out of the back of the exhaust that holds it together. be care full

2: pull the pipe apart. Be care full

3:Remove the old packing from the inside of the exhaust and clean the can and the piece the packing goes around good to get any build up of fried packing off'

4: After buying new packing wrap the packing around the tube and take some Scotch take and tape it at the end so it is easyer to get in. this is recomended.

5.put the can and the tube w/ the packing back inside of each other.

6.Put old bolts back in. Use a little bit of anti seaze, so the next time you repack it they will come out better.

7: screw bolts in.

8: Put it on and have fun!!

i had an idiot of a friend who tried this after ridding hahah

rtrocket59
06-05-2009, 02:16 PM
http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/t-muffler.aspx?v=vid

this video shood show you how to do it as well