PDA

View Full Version : What A-arms are these!! HELP!!

ib2strokin
04-27-2008, 10:28 AM
does anyone know what brand arms these are, it says it has adjustable lower shock mounts????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250239712505&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015

Thanks!!

mineralgrey01gt
04-27-2008, 11:21 AM
i saw them on ebay last night. I was wondering the same thing myself

my88r
04-27-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm not sure either. the price is pretty steep though. you can find better condition for that price.:eek2:

LT250RMan
04-27-2008, 12:09 PM
I would never buy a set of a-arms not knowing the brand name, its really hard to get parts if you don't know who made them.

ib2strokin
04-27-2008, 12:53 PM
yea ive looked and looked but cant find anything about these. the guy said he bought em new from a buddy a couple years ago and the buddy thought theyre leagers but the seller doesnt think they are. thanks for the help guys!!

bushwesl
04-27-2008, 01:02 PM
They definitely aren't Laeger's.

the_hulkamaniac
04-27-2008, 01:27 PM
I remember years ago seeing the 3 mount system for a-arms, it must have been dirt wheels for the life of me I can't remember.

I'm not sure if there worth 200 + bucks, if the bidding continues.

ib2strokin
04-27-2008, 04:55 PM
well im the high bidder right now :( i feel so stupid for even bidding before i got all the details. would this be an alright deal if the bushings and ball joints are in great shape(he says they are)?
tie rods are not included, how are a set of those?:grr: :grr: :(

Nac's22
04-28-2008, 08:28 AM
im pretty sure that they are leagers. when nacs was still open they had doug gust's championship 250r from 1999 in the show room. it was a full leager bike and had these exact a arms on it just in alot better shape.

C-LEIGH RACING
04-28-2008, 08:29 AM
I remember some of those but cant remember who built them. Dont know why East Coast ATV comes to mind & not 100% sure.

By them keeping the tie rods, could be a homemade set that didnt work right & then they built another set of arms.

You want a good set of a arms, get those with hime joints that you can adjust for each track your running & you wont go back to a ball joint.
Neil

danhung11
04-28-2008, 06:53 PM
They look like Houser's somewhat with the design, but the two cross bars...the Houser's I had were like rectangular cross mounts rather than round bar.

As far as the Laeger's comment, I would agree that they are NOT Laeger's.

Laeger's uses a bottom "frap" style ball joint which I know have been in use for at least 7 years...maybe longer.

These do appear to have threaded ball joints. They looks somewhat homemade with different shock mounting holes? Looks like it would make that bottom mount weak. :confused:

To answer your question, tie rods would cost around a $100, I think you can get a set via rockymountain or you could contact a specialty company and have some made.

What size|spec arms are you looking for? I have a couple sets, trying to decide which ones I plan to run.

the_hulkamaniac
04-29-2008, 03:20 AM
Well you can always back out of the bid, and just say you don't want them. Or take the easy way out, go to an internet cafe, make up a fake account then out bid yourself.

Just looked at the item again I guess it's sold, back out is now the better option. Being +4+1 thats just to big, your in narrow frame territory with something of that size. Also he has them listed as +2+1 so you might get some leverage there.

ib2strokin
04-29-2008, 08:19 AM
Well I got outbid! that was close. Anyways, I'm not exactly sure what width I wanna run yet, I'm thinkin bout runnin TT at the tracks round here, so I don't know what would be the best setup. I would like to be able to also use em for play ridin too. Are Fullflight anygood? That have some decent prices on ebay.