PDA

View Full Version : NECC series

sideways
04-27-2008, 09:06 AM
Does anybody on here race in the New England Cross Country series? (NECC) I have been toying with the idea of joining and wanted to know what the races are like.
Im curious what the courses are like, terrain wise, and whether you Are running on trails, or tracks.
if trails, are they mostly rocky and natural, or groomed and maintained?

How many miles in an average race?

I currently have a 400ex, and will probably run a couple races on that to see if i want to further the racing career. the bike has a lot of mods on it, close to 10k in parts, suspension, motor, etc. if i do well, i will be purchasing a ktm 525 or 450 for my race bike.
I have been riding for over 13 years, tho never competitively. i regularly ride with 3 guys who race in a dirtbike xc series in NE and they think i have a good shot at racing on the quad series.

what are your thoughts on the series, how its run, what the competition is like, and the courses that you race on?

also, i read you have to be an ama member, is that the series regulating organization?
oh, and for all those who are wondering, im 25

sideways
04-29-2008, 05:26 AM
man i should eneter this series, seems im the only one interested id win every time